Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The "Keep on Truckin' " '34 Chevy Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by cactus1, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Looking good man. Very cool.

2. Best time I've spent reading a thread in a long time. Great build. =//= (thats too Kool not to use)

3. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Hey Mike!...I just got home from LSRU! Walked the entire way... After you and Emily dropped me off I tried to call, but my phone was dead. Wife thought I was riding back with a friend..........NAAAAAAAA! Nobody's dat nutz!! Had fun man! When ya'll coming back?!

p.s more fun driving them than working on them huh?! :D

4. Haha that's a good'n' :D

5. kisam

kisam

Awesome Mike! That video made me homesick.

6. Mike that lil' truck sounds purdy good now, I didn't hear any knockin'
    whatcha do, put oil in it? :D

7. Thanks man! How's yours coming along?

Thanks so much for checking in! =//= :)

If anyone was dat nutz it would be you! Haha! I'm just glad the Ba$#%&*s didn't get you! :D T'was great seeing you guys!

Thanks Brutha!

Thanks Kat! Still bummed we didn't meet at the Round Up :(.

Ha! It's funny you should say that! I did switch to straight 40W. I think the timing and valve adjustment made a little difference. I'm no mechanic though :eek:.
    How's your rear end? ( I mean in the coupe you wierdo! :D)

8. LOL Slowly.

I leaded in one of the headlights I had welded to the fenders and was about to do the second one when I realized it was not the same from side to side. I swear I measured it 50 times but it was still off so I had to cut it out (huge mess) fix and body work the fender and then piss around with the headlight bucket for 2 days trying to get it to match the other one.

That added to the fact that we had a baby in January has cut into my garage time (but in a good way).

Long weekend coming up so I hope to get some stuff done.

9. That sucks about the light. At least you saw it now, right? Congrats on the bambino!! A new shop helper!

10. It was a beautiful day in KC today, so I took the truck out for a blast around town. I finally remembered to stop and take a few pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's running pretty good,though I'm still having part throttle issues.
    I finally got it out on the highway with my GPS to check my speed, as the speedo is not hooked up yet.
    With the t-5 I'm turning 2200 RPM at 75mph which = bitchin'!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ sucka!

11. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Congrats Mike, the truck looks great!!

12. Thanks Mat! I still can't believe I'm driving it. It seemed like the day would never come!

13. Sounds great, throaty and not obnoxious

14. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Awesome, man... It's gotta feel great to be able to drive it!!

15. Thanks Trent, GRrrrrrrrrr!

Hells yeah it do! And I can't wait to see that roadster of your's at the drags!

Yessir Davarooni! S-10, '93 I believe. I will have to check on the ratios. I have them written down somewhere.

It's been a while since I looked at the stampings on the rear end. I want to say 3:73? It came out of a '39 deluxe sedan. Rear tires are 7.50x16 Deluxe Champions and are "Gum Dipped" of course ( for extra flava'!)

Oh, truth be told, I have been not been using first gear much as it is kind of low. So, not entirely ideal, but compromises sometimes have to be made.

16. '92 s-10

1st=3.97
    2nd=2.34
    3rd=1.48
    4th=1.00
    5th=0.72

17. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Hey Mike!...where you been man?! You having so much fun getting squirrly in that truck that you forgot about us brudda?!! :D

18. So, what color are ya gonna paint it :rolleyes:;):)

19. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

I like it the way it is now.I wouldn't paint it.

20. I could never forget about you guys! You're all the wind beneath my wings! Ha! I've been working on little stuff here and there. I've been working on a way to raise her up in the rear about 1-1/2" and I've got a leaky wheel cylinder up front I need to address. Other than that I've been working on spring cleaning and my crappy yard. I hate yard work!

How's your T coming along bubba?

Gary, paint is for real hot rods like yours! Mine's just an old truck!:)

Thanks Grizzy! It will get paint eventually, but I got a lot to do before then. Thanks for checking in!

21. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

Do you have a direct side shot, I've got a 34 and am triing to decide bed length and hight in relation to the cab. Great looking truck!!!

22. Hey RL, I don't have a direct side shot mostly because I hate the way it looks from dead on :eek:. Something about it just bugs the crap out of me. That is part of the reason I am raising it in the rear.

I will face my demons though and get a picture for you :).

And thank you!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  23. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

It's getting close man! Gonna post a "built" thread soon!...

24. Sweet dude! I can't wait to see it. You and Max will have to take me for a ride!

25. Just read your entire build, I actually got a lil emotional inside when i watch the first drive video! Awesome build! I am jealous of your skills Mike!

26. You are too kind! Thanks man!

Cool Dave! Math is Fun-damental! Where does the 336 number come from? (sorry, art student :eek:, ha!)

27. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

That's the one really sad thing...it only has one seat now:(. It's now a dedicated racer. Enuff about that though! This thread is your sheeebang Daddy-o! I'm just stopping by to give you a thumbs up...

[​IMG]

Fonzie always gave good thumb!........ehhhh......hmmm..

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  28. Haha! Sit on it Potsy (ie?)!!

29. :D I knew that! You then understand my non-penchant for most things numerical!

30. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

Man i guess i havent been on here in a while. Truck looks killer! I'm pretty dang jealous I wish my coupe was driveable haha. Nice work