Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lets rescue Joe Cool: Please read no response required Now paypal info in first post

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porknbeaner, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Before you start reading I am being a little windy here please bare with me.

OK I've been thinking about this all morning. So I'm going to go out on a limb and risk pissing Joe off. I suppose if he gets mad he'll get over it, probably isn't the first time I've pissed Joe off.

Joe Cool is one week away from loosing everything. My understanding is that the Army Corps of Engineers are going to open some flood gates and his town and everything in it will be under 10 ft of water. He has been advised that he has a week to make other living arrangements.

He is not seeking our help but I am. We have a couple of places that we can store his stuff. My place in N Missouri about 3 hours away from him and over with Exderrilict.

I have managed to borrow a trailer from 34toddster, his truck is down but he loaned me his trailer.

What I am looking for is trucks trailers and able bodies. If only half a dozen of us showed up we could have him out in a day I am sure.

What do ya say fellas who's in?

Thanks for your time.

Ryan if this is inappropriate just dump the thread.

Here is a link to his thread.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594991

Originally Posted by xderelict
    Roothog,the Army Corp of Engineers answers to no one.They will not pay anyone anything. Benno, I have a paypal and we can use it [email protected] should work.My wife is good at keeping that kind of stuff in order.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  2. raidmagic

raidmagic

Wish I were closer, I have 3 trailers and a truck we could do some damage.

3. That's a long haul Friend but I appreciate the thought.

I think when the local boys find out this thing will fly. Sometimes we disagree with each other but mid-westerners wouldn't even let someone they didn't like drown. Joe doesn't have any enemies.

4. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

The S.O.Turds have a couple trucks a van and a good size trailer.What really sucks about this is it just isn't a be back in a couple of weeks deal.This town will no longer exist. The town will not be allowed to rebuild.Joe's down and we are here to help if we can.

5. I knew I could count on the Omaha crowd. There is a general PM out to the KC crowd incase they miss this.

We'll save what we can and Joe will get back on his feet somewhere. My retirement house is a dump still but if push comes to shove we can put him there until something better comes along. I am embarrased that I don't have something better to offer.

Thanks buddy

6. el shad

el shad

bump up for a hell of a nice thread.

7. Where in MO is this happening? I have family in Novely, MO out in the sticks with some property.. I can see if they wouldn't mind storing some stuff..

8. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

This Is Hamburg Iowa.It would be the first exit off I 29 Going north from Missouri.

9. RichG

RichG

Benno, could you post up a paypal account so that those of us way out in the far reaches could pony up a little something for gas? Much appreciated.

10. oh ok.. if you guys need space for his stuff PM me and i'll see if I can help out..

11. bump. sorry i cant help out way over here in cali. terrible to hear.

12. JustBryan

JustBryan
    from NE Ohio

Can't even imagine..
    Pork, your help, I'm sure will be accepted.
    still good folks out there

13. Come on guys lets get this done! I've got 2 trucks and a trailer, but I'm way to far away.:(

14. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

Just like Hitchhiker, I'm also too far away. I like RichG's idea- at least those of us that can't physically help can donate for fuel.

15. Rich I don't have a pay pal account. Maybe exderillict has one.

One of the fellas from Texas is sending me a M/O. Mrs 'beaner says this is car stuff so I am using the car stuff fund in the mean time.

16. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Dam I wish I was closer..2 pick up trucks a 16' car hauler and a 10' trailer..

as I said in the other thread, (i know im quite a ways away) but if he needs to store some things that can be shipped, PM me for an address,I'll keep it dry , secure and warm

BTTT for Joe

17. el shad

el shad

18. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

19. Wesley

Wesley

20. Von Fink

Kept and dry is good. I don't doubt that there are some things that can be shipped.

21. Roothawg

Roothawg

So is the Corp helping with arrangements at all? Places to store stuff, places to live?

22. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

You guys are the greatest. Wish I was closer.

-KK

23. mgh13

mgh13

24. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Shot you a PM boss..lets make this happen for him, or anyone else in the same situation

25. Root my understanding is no. They didn't do much but open the spillway in Louisianna no reason to believe they will do any more in Iowa.
    Doesn't really matter we are here and we are many.

26. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

What terrible news. Good on ya Pork for organizing this. Joe, hang in there hopefully things go smoothly. I agree on the paypal acct for donations. I don't have much but I'd for sure send a few bucks.

27. csimonds

csimonds

BTTT for the greatest cause!
    Chuck