Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest **Post JOPLIN trip Report and a Huge THANK YOU**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Malcolm, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

Wow great story, looks like an amazing job you guys all did. Hats off to all involved.

2. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

My Dad used to say:
    "Less Talk, More Action".....

Nick, you, Ryno, and all the rest have done just that, adding hope and comfort to those who are suffering more than any of us sitting behind our keyboards will ever imagine.

You and the rest, through your heart and toil, are testament to the fact that the legacy of the "Greatest Generation" lives on in the deeds of America's youth.

I would love to shake the hands of all of your parents. They are the silent heroes in this story. What marvelous young men and women they have given to us.

You and ALL of the others will forever be our heroes.

Bringing comfort to the saddened one by one.....

[​IMG]

3. HUGE ATTA-BOYS for all involved.

Awesome.

4. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

job well done. amazing.

5. 100% Matt

100% Matt

You guys (and gals) are RULERS!

6. lowphat53

lowphat53
    from Virginia

Thanks for all your hard work and caring! You guys/gals rock!

7. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Thanks for the kind words, everyone... I was a VERY small part of all of this.

I have a few more people to thank and give credit to.
    There are quite a few friends, family, co-workers, and HAMB members that also helped make all of this happen. Whether it be helping collect and organize donations, helping load/unload the pickups/trailers with short notice, monetary donations, or just moral support when I began to get overwhelmed.... ALL of you are awesome and again, I just want you ALL to know how much I appreciate your support!!
    The generous monetary donations were used towards fuel for the three vehicles that hauled items down to Joplin, as well as extra food and supplies. I sent the remainder to Ryno to continue helping with his efforts. Thank you, everyone!

8. Wow. Really proud of you guys.

9. shadams

shadams

Very, very cool. Cant say enough about what you guys have done.

10. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Nick, you guys are AWESOME! Thank you for all that you have done.

11. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

MALCOLM for HAMBER of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job!!

12. Racrdad

Racrdad

You guys are awesome, way to go!!!

13. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Nick, It was great to meet you and your crew as well as many other HAMBers. The outpouring of support witnessed in Joplin was inspiring to say the least. Hell, I was amazed by the level of support before I even left Austin. Thank you all for your hard work and much needed donations

Ryno, thanks for setting this up and welcoming us into your home.

Then, late Tuesday afternoon as I'm reflecting on the previous five days in Joplin, we break down just outside Durant Oklahoma. Big Ken (who had just returned home the day prior) without hesitation comes to our rescue with the PushrodMobile. What an amazing group of HAMBers. You guys and gals are the best & I am proud to be friends with you all. Hope to see you again at the HAMB Drags.

14. With folks like this we don't need no stinking government. You forgot the red tape.

15. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

You are a RULER! And the "Nick/Ryno team"....maybe we need to have some shirts printed up for you guys via Marcy (the best shirt printer in the world)...I'm glad that I did my part (even though it was small to what you guys did-hands on)....you should have seen the wife when I ran out the door to meet you guys...Henry was wondering 'WTF'.....that trailer was LOADED ( which ruled!)...I followed your Facebook & it made my eye's 'smile'...and I mentioned before that they (Joplin) are still going to need a little/lotta' help in August around the "drags" time....maybe we could figure something out to donate back on Friday night.

Did I mention that your a "Ruler!"? If you need those hood sides for your roadster PM me your addy...and if need & I may have any other parts let me know.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  16. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Rollin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maybe we can send your "little/big truck sister a care package...PM me her addy if she doesn't mind.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ.

17. Awsome Job Nick (and crew)!!!!! It is great to see how people step up in times of need. Wonderful know ing this is going on.

18. Roothawg

Roothawg

19. Damn! I actually know these guys. It's been said already, but again, GREAT JOB!!!!! I know it was appreciated.
    Later,
    Dick

20. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

Nick, I was glad to meet you and talk to you. I just wanted to say I am glad you had a safe trip and thanks for all the pictures you posted. It is awesome what you were able to do for Joplin. I can't believe how many donations you received by the looks of the pictures. I just want to say thanks for all you have done. You rock!!!

Mike

21. The SofaKing

The SofaKing
    from Omaha NE

Wish I would have seen this sooner.. I would have donated and helped transport.

22. 63Compact

63Compact

Awesome job Nick, had no idea things were so bad over there. Those pics a scary.

23. In the army we used to say it takes ten atta boys to make up for one aw shit. You guys have just earned 1 billion atta boys. Wow, what cool people we hjave here on the HAMB.

24. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

words simply don't cut it..........Nick and Ryno impress me beyond words.....thank you for all your actions

25. el shad

el shad

X2 L-S.

Very BIG hearted, and selfless folks!

26. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Nick and company, you are the kind of people that makes this world a good place to be. Great job guys!

27. 76cam

76cam

Man you guy's just plain rock. I am at a loss for words.God Bless You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

It is truly moving to see folks step right up, leave their work, and go to help those who are in need. Congratulations to you all who donated, particpated in prep, and made the journey to Joplin, I salute you!

And let us not forget those who are in need in Tuscaloosa AL and other towns through AL and TN and GA as well as the many 1000s of flood victims through the Mississippi River Valley. God bless them all.

29. Ebert

Ebert

You all are AMAZING people and make all of us extremely proud!!! Just AWESOME!