Register now to get rid of these ads!

Joplin...hamb helping hands weekend getaway/BBQ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ryno, May 23, 2011.

1. you guys all rulle!! Ryno I have 8 boxes i will be sending out via UPS today

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Wow... You guys rule.

3. ryno

ryno

got them to day after recieving your message. thanks!

right on, i got a message from teh shoe lady also, thanks

4. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Ryno, thanks a ton for letting us stay a couple nights at your place, much appreciated! Also, for leading this whole effort. I know it's wearing on you!

Like I said, will get ahold of you tonight to make sure we get everything squared away.

Nick

5. bigken

bigken

Wanted to throw a BIG-THANKS to the Pushrod boys, Mike and Dan, for offerin' up the Excursion and an empty 24' trailer. I allowed us to get a golfcart up there, and the tons of donated items. That son-of-a-gun sure was thirsty, but it did the job with no problem.....
    In the same note, thanks a TON to Dennis 'Senior-Fried', for arranging/delivering/picking-up the golf-cart with a tilt-bed. It was used well, and made life easier getting to folks with chain-saw needs, and food needs. It was a great tool to have.
    Thanks guys............

6. davidh73750

davidh73750

We dug in with our chains saws. We worked hard and it often seemed like "we could do this for months" as much as there was to cut. I was very glad to be part of this. I didn't even get to say hello to hambers at church parking lot. bigken delayed hello. we were the ones in the white chevy pickup with a trailer.

7. ryno

ryno

of course, i forgot to mention the pushrod mobile, thanks guys for lending a hand and equipment to big ken, and yes a huge thanks to senior fried for teh golf cart. i should have made a list of everyone that attended the weekend, but i was so busy relaxing and working on my tan that i forgot!

good to see you guys again, thanks for the help, and yes there is a shit load of cutting, cleaning and general helping for many many months to come.

8. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

This post RULES! I told Nick/Malcom that maybe we could have a "HAMB Bucket" at the HAMB Drags for one of the relief places or Ryno in Joplin could help out the others with what was donated.

Joplin will not be rebuilt in a month or two and I'm pretty sure that they could still use everyone's help or even a small donation in August when it is hot as heck outside.

Maybe, we could figure out some way to make a donation @ the 'host hotel' or something in August......just a thought......and if this has been thought about, feel free to edit my post or I can edit it.

Chris

9. bigken

bigken

Well hell, guess we are going to have to catch up in August, huh?:D

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm so f-ing proud of each and every one of you guys and so very proud to call you all true friends. :cool:

11. slammed

slammed

See, kindness is not weakness. To show you care mind, body and soul.

12. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

Ryno-I work for an A-B distributor here in Springfield and we had a truckload of canned water we sent to Joplin last week. The driver dumped part of his load over in the trailer and we still have a bunch of loose cans I could bring down Saturday. Going to KC for a concert Saturday, but we can take the scenic route & swing by if it would help.

13. ryno

ryno

thanks, but water i one of the very few things that Joplin does not need right now.there is literally cases sitting on the corners in the residential areas now.

14. ryno

ryno

i have an idea for something already, lets talk in afew weeks!

15. You guys make me proud(er) to be a HAMBer!

16. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

All righty then, no problem.

17. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Okay... Finally here's a couple of snapshots I took Saturday. I was planning on taking more but there was work to be done.

Thanks to Ryno for coordinating the danged ol thang. Good to meet all you folk and honored to work along side of you.

Here's the only shot I got of St. Paul's, I planned on taking more.

[​IMG]

The church's neighbor still has most of a car, some of the padding under the carpet and NOTHING else. Just a flat slab of concrete with a car where the garage was.

[​IMG]

In the distance you can see the hospital that was hit, in the foreground, just pure destruction.

[​IMG]

Here's Big Ken and Rudy doing some grillin' to keep th' people fed.
    [​IMG]

Some of the water we had on hand for people.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Click on any of these to go to the full gallery. There's a few more pics.

18. Hey Travis, as usual your pics are really good, just this time of the really bad. I wish all the people affected could wake up tomorrow and all this just be a bad dream but I know they cant, So glad you guys were and are there to help.

Brad

19. ryno

ryno

just an update, the boy whom i told you about earlier in the thread that was sucked out of the sunroof, was found, in a pond just west of the hamb base camp at st paul's church.

unfortunately he was dead, sad sad story, but one of way to many.

20. 2165 Turbo Rail

2165 Turbo Rail
    BANNED

Sad to hear but at least the family doesn't have to wonder anymore

God Bless

21. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Damn sorry to hear that

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Very sad that the rescuers are still finding bodies.:(

23. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Very sad to hear that :(
    BUT
    Thankfully, the list of those unaccounted for is at ZERO now.

24. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

Ryno-
    I noticed the church bus across the street last weekend. Do you know where it was parked on the lot before it hit? Where ever it was, it must have got some serious air. There was a story in the Springfield News-Leader yesterday that had one guy's car ended up two blocks from his driveway.

[​IMG]

25. ryno

ryno

that van was parked in the north coner of the east lot that we are using at st pauls. its about 1/4 mille away from its spot on 5:40 last sunday!

26. ryno

ryno

we will be cooking again for teh victims and workers this weekend.
    we'll also have plastic totes to hand out to teh victim , so they can try and stow some of their few belongings.

if your local and would like to help out, please get ahold of me.

27. seriouslybaby

seriouslybaby
    from small town

We continue to pray for all that have been affected by this devastation. I cannot imagine how you (Ryno) continue to stay so positive i the midst of all of the sadness. Hopefully things will start looking up really, really soon!

28. hkestes

hkestes

Asked one of my Japanese colleagues to translate the Kanji at the top of the kid's drawing included in the box from Japan. Considering all that they have been through the last couple of months the box of supplies was a great gesture.

It says;

がんばれ! ジョプリン、 "Ganbare Joplin!!"
    It means, something like, Go Joplin, Cheers! Hang in there...

Attached Files:

29. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

Dang, I figured it covered some distance. :eek:
    I haven't gotten a hold of my weekend partner in crime, but could you use some help for Saturday morning? We're heading to KC, but we don't have to be up there till the afternoon sometime.

30. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Ryno, do you need some more cash I could send another pay pal John