Register now to get rid of these ads!

Droid users using tapatalk for the hamb

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by A Rodder, Mar 6, 2011.

1. A Rodder

A Rodder

Can those of you using this service to view the HAMB mobily, how well does it work, and upload pictures.

I can browse the hamb on my droid fine but for some reason the search doesn't work and and you can't upload photos.

It doesn't look like an app will be available anytime soon, and I have a year on my contract so an I phone ain't happening.

What are your guys thoughts on tapatalk?

Joe

2. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I haven't tried Tapatalk on my Droid, but have also had problems with the Search function. I discovered it does work when you choose the "Advanced Search" option on the Search drop-down.

Malcolm

3. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

First off....what is this "Tap-A-Talk"?

4. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, what language are you guys talking????

5. 117harv

117harv

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

6. jfrolka

jfrolka

Droid x here... only click on advanced search or it goes to the alliance ad... I can't upload any pics, idk how to html from a photobucket but that might be the trick.... tapatalk?

7. No tap-talk- advanced search only, no pic upload, able to use all other hamb amenities perfectly.

8. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

HTC EVO 4G here.
    Since I can word warp, I can access the HAMB thru the browser, and dont really have a need to use tapatalk... Tho honestly, the HAMB should be viewed and enjoyed on a sit down desk top unit for maximum effect.

9. A Rodder

A Rodder

On the iPhone thread some of the Droid guys mentioned it. I get my regular dose of the Hamb on my laptop but since I am an addict I need more!

10. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

I used Tapatalk a couple times, and it was just OK ... you're almost better off just running the full HAMB site in your browser. I wanted to try Tapatalk again but I can't seem to find it in the Market anymore.

11. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

And once again.....what the fuck is tapatalk!!!!!!!!!!

12. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

It's an Android app.

13. A Rodder

A Rodder

Can you use it to upload photos though?

14. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

No, I dont think you can load pics directly to the HAMB, but the droid software allows you to upload directly to youtube, picasa, flicker, and facebook... It's then just a matter of copy/paste a link to get it here.

15. Is there a posssibility in the near future of an Android APP for us not of the Iphone persuasion?????

16. ravedodger

ravedodger

I've pretty much given up on the HAMB with my Droid, except when in the throne room. I just read away.

17. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

I don't use tap talk. But right now I'm on my G1 and the hamb works just fine without any extra apps

18. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

????????????????????

19. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

so, modern Droid not H.A.M.B. friendly-best find a chopped '32 model-Ha!

20. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

I believe it's already been mentioned that it's an app for Android phones, also available on iPhone, webOS, Blackberry and Windows based phones. If you want to know more, go here.

http://www.tapatalk.com/

21. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

It's when you tap- a- someone upside the head when you talk a to em.....beats me ....sounds like the traditional board is going way high tech,.... before long nobody will know what points are, and not the ones on your "diet" ....and running a mag isn't wheels...

22. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

My lil pea brain breaks it down to this. Isn't that what we are doing ? We are tapping keys so we can talk.

23. always funny when someone has "research" in there handle and doesn't see the irony of asking the question in a forum as opposed to "research" using the vast array of 'net search engines. Unsurprisingly the result is at the top of every 'net search engine list.....

24. daddio211

daddio211

For ChassisResearchKid (not Tap-A-TalkResearchKid): http://androidforums.com/htc-hero-sprint/52120-what-tapatalk.html

I don't use Tap-A-Talk either. I tried it on another forum (a Droid forum no less) and it sucked. My issues with using the browser are all centered around entering text. The screen auto-adjusts to size which is wider than my screen (still can't figure that one out) and I have to scroll back and forth to see what the hell I wrote.

I'm a stickler for grammar and spelling, so if you see a post by me that looks like a third grader wrote it, it's probably because I was on the john or on the road, LOL.

From Ryan's own fingers, and I'm paraphrasing here, it's not likely we'll ever see a Droid HAMB app. The question was raised (in the iPhone thread) regarding if he'd be interested in a 3rd party developing the app and there doesn't seem to be any interest in that either. Don't quote me on this, Ryan would certainly prefer to speak for himself. Just remembering what I can from the other thread.

25. My understanding (somewhat limited I might add) is that for tapatalk to be effective the site owner needs to install a plug-in that allows them to optimise the tapatalk app so it displays properly with their site. With no plug in at the server end tapatalk will be limited in its functionality from what I can tell. I have used it on a site where it was installed and optimised and it works a treat, even on a android phone.

As far as I'm aware the HAMB doesn't have the plug in installed so its not optimised for tapatalk. Therefore, I don't use tapatalk to view the HAMB as using a web browser will be better experiance.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  26. 117harv

117harv

^^^this makes it much more clear, clear as mud:confused:

His user name is chassisresearchkid, not high tech device use and functions search. How do you do a search on something that you didn't now existed or what it does....i don't even own a cell phone:eek: