Register now to get rid of these ads!

New shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tinelement, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tinelement

Tinelement

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

So this is SPAM then. No intro. No manners. Come on guys get real. Come here for the right reasons and not trying to drum up business. Do some tech threads. Answer some questions. Do a couple build threads...

3. I sure FUEP has some cosmic meaning too, be a man a spell it out for the people who actually contribute here can enjoy it too.

4. 69f100

69f100
    from So-Cal

meeeh, kinda spam. but put this in the intro section. and do build journals for your cars.

5. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

FUEP! with an exclamation point yet. I assume it's a "must see" for all car hounds. So far you don't seem to have impressed anyone here...try to give us an intro (as suggested on Page 1) and instead of just dumping your link on here and heading off to your next forum for another spam-shot, show us some pictures of what you've done.

6. Tinelement

Tinelement

So apparently I stepped on some toes. Not our intentions. Guess we missed the "introductions" post. As far as spam, I'm not trying to promote the shop. We are busy beyond belief! Just thought some of you dudes would like the shop. Sorry for any wrong doing!

7. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

no harm, no foul, but sometimes it works to take a look around these forums that seem to be sympathetic to one's avocation. Find out what the long-timers are doing, see exactly what the zeitgeist of the members' direction on modifying cars and exactly what the forum supports and what it eschews. Mostly this is about 'traditional' rods and customs from Otto and his sons to 1964 (some 65/66 are acceptable if they are same style/frame/body as the 64s or earlier). No billet...no 'VISA' gold-chainer street rods. Although there are some on here that are absolutely enamored with hydraulics and airbags....if the builders weren't doing it in the fifties and early sixties...it's not really traditional. Big engines, light bodies, fenders on, fenders off, chopped tops, no tops, noisy at both ends hot rods. Tail-draggin' lead sleds, skirts, chopped, channeled, nosed, decked, frenched, sectioned, connie kits, dual antennas, fuzzy dice, bongo drums, mohair (ick) customs. You can buy stuff, but only if you can't figure out how (or lack the friends with skills) to manufacture that part/piece. The project threads on here are eye-openers and I learn something new every day. Sounds like if you have a shop that builds rods...you'll have a good time here, and may even contribute/learn along with everyone else.

Welcome aboard - assuming we're YOUR kind of people, and assuming your OUR kinda rodder

dj

8. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

So as you website says "we are the newest leader"
    The newest and already a leader.I think you need a bigger welding helmet.

9. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Oh yeah...forgot....if you feel compelled to use the word RAT in discussing any of your project's final rendition.....just keep walkin'

10. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Its easy for people to get angry on the web to take things the wrong way.... I went to the site and at first was like ahh :rolleyes: but then I saw the builds and WOW your a talented dude!!! I love the work and I hope you take somne of the advice from the elders here and post some of the builds!!!!! Keep on Truckin!!!

11. Welcome aboard. It looks like a very nicely appointed shop and the projects page was quite impressive.

Any shop with a Watson Indy roadster in it is cool in my book!!!

12. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

13. olskoolcool

olskoolcool
    from colorado

First and foremost I didn’t know this site was so strict. I figured it was pretty free form and above all was about car guys building bitch’n rigs.

The politics of it all show a lack of true interest in other peoples talents, and probably a bit of jealousy.

It’s a real shame though; these guys are a local shop and have a good bit of the body panels for my 48 ford as we speak. I for one have nothing but great things to say about the crew up there.

On a side note all the requests to post build pics and answer peoples question or understandable, but how many of you are (busy) business owners? I too being a business owner have a hard time carving out more than about 15 minutes for such activities a day. This brings me to the advice portion of these rants, is it really a prerequisite to be able to post something about your business?

I understand the big chest behind a keyboard complex, but you guys should relax a little and take a look at a some of the work these guys have done, true metal craftsman that i would venture to say could teach many on here a thing or two.

14. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

No one is running down their work just the approach on the HAMB.

15. onedge

onedge

Have not read a post in weeks, & I pick this one. :)

16. Is this a joke? Its called taking resposibility. It sounded like SPAM, we get it all the time. Why dont you tell zman what a fool he is. You never heard of someone clicking on a unsuspecting link, and losing thier computer? You want to buy me a new computer? Send a check for $3000. I didnt think so. You give respect, you get respect, he's not the only talented new guy out there. When he retires at my age, and lives like I do, then you can spew your jelousy remark B.S. again. Respect, rules, and accepting resposibility you kids have a lot to learn. Theres a certain very famous and talented bike builder, used to live a few miles from my home. He was known around the world, not just in Colorodo. Had the world by the balls, well he's in Federal Prison now for vehicular manslaughter, the rules dont apply to you young talented people huh? When you stop thinking about yourself and how cool you and your talented friends are, think about the poor guy's that run this great gig we have the pleasure of using. Now think about all of the cool things they could be doing instead of having to sift through pages and pages of SPAM each day. Reality check, anyone home?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  17. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

congrats on the new shop , and good luck with your future projects.

18. Kinky6

Kinky6

Yeah, in a way, we are strict, and not really "free form". We have members with widely varying interests, but only in Traditional Rods and Customs from prior to '65. There is some leeway in there, of course, but we see way too many guys coming in with ratty P.O.S. rides that are bucking for a cover photo on 'Ol Skool Piles of Crap Mag, or spamming without contributing anything. That gets our hackles up.

There are several shop owners on here, as well as guys in the hot rod press world, and a bunch of traditionally minded home builders, plus those who want to learn about traditional type rods. We like good craftmanship, positive ideas, and solid information rather than drama and bickering. BTW, jealousy doesn't enter in to it. This is largely what we're about.

Myself, I'm an untalented hack who has learned a ton just being on here. "Speading the Gospel of Traditional Rods and Customs" That's all.

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

19. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Looks like a cool shop and they have some nice project going on. The reason they got slammed is we dont want every shop to come on here and advertise for free. We are a family here, once we get to know you, THEN you can slip your biz info in and start promoting OR you can contact Ryan and get set up as an alliance member?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  20. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

You're funny. Do you even read the HAMB? Have you not seen who posts here? Jealousy? Hardly. It's manners, pure and simple. As for the being busy, if you have time to SPAM you have time to do it right. Look at the other shop owners on here and how they contribute to the HAMB, I'm sure for a lot of them it's time well spent. And if they're that busy then why are they on here? I understand your wanting to be their savior against the big bad bullies on the internet but you're really coming off worse than them. Sometimes I weep for the youngsters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.