Register now to get rid of these ads!

did section out of centerline

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porkchop4464, May 29, 2011.

1. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

Took 5 inches out of the front and 4 out of the back, right down the middle.
    Found a few weekends to cut loose and finally finished the rear body webbing and drive shaft loop. Also sectioned 5 inches out of the center line of the cab. I finally did so because I ordered my headers and they were touching the sides of the lower cowl on both sides:that decided it all. Sad thing is, from side to side, there is little in the way of bracing, as the whole cowl and dash have to be wedge cut and released to be pulled in to line up; so I jigged the floor to be level and actually slidable on a level 1by2. I will admit that I lost a lot of passenger space, but now my firewall sits gainst my rails on both sidesand mounting will be much easier. Plus, I think snugging her up really pulls the who deal togeher.
    Comments?
    Pork
    <!-- / message -->

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  2. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

pics didn't go first time; try again!

Attached Files:

• bs.jpg
      bs.jpg
      File size:
      518.8 KB
      Views:
  3. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

pics

Attached Files:

4. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

Sorry for so many additions; it wont' let me place more than one on at a time. By the way, how cool are my new highboy headers? 350 delivered (Bleedway) Hope the chrome holds up. Anyone have muffler suggestions? I bought 20 inch chrome slip overs, but as the header drops, I can't run them as they go into my door with the channel so low. I was thinking a 7 or 8 inch insert baffle with a short, short turn/dump down? Any suggestions, ideas?
    Gonna work on her today!

Attached Files:

5. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

Side view of headers so you understand better my dilemma. See how damn tight. I need a real quick turn down -- and short -- to boot. I was thinking there is 6 inches if you reach your hand into the union of where thefour tubes are joined there's about 7 inches; maybe a shorty muffler with a 3 inch extention past that? I have to be able to open my damn doors! Plus, worried about fumes! I was thinking header plugs, a U and mufflers on teh inner frame rail, but I don't have 5 bills.

Attached Files:

6. captmullette

captmullette

good job, keep it up....

7. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

Any recomendationow for this thing as far as making a wood top frame and bows? I have no original measurements and very little original wood. What kind of wood?

8. godspeedbear

godspeedbear
    from golden

Ash or maple.... cheaper is oak

9. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

Thanks Godspeedbear, I was thinking oak as well; although, if I am going to leave it all exposed (wood wise) poplart may take stains and look better; although I may just headline the whole thing? Does anyine think I should take another 2 inches off the chop?

Pork

10. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I'd use a different header

11. Heo

Heo

lower the engine

12. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Agreed. It's your car...........but those headers don't do anything for me and............ apparently not for you either. If they don't do what you need done, get something that does.

Ray

13. CNA Performance is a dealer for QA1 Shocks and Goodyear Racing Tires
    • [​IMG]
      Coast Fabrications Stainless Steel Collector Mufflers. 4" in/out 12" long excellent condition - $200 OBO.

14. Poplar is a soft wood and doesn't stain particularly well. Use hardwood

15. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

Thanks for the muffler suggestion; but my collector ends are 3.4 not 5 inch. Cool muflers, however.

16. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

Yea, I guess oak is probably the way to go; cheap and tuff. Thanx
    Pork

17. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

HNStry, I love my headers. Sorry you don't like them. I picked them out.TO each their own
    Pork

18. thegrappler

thegrappler

+1.