Register now to get rid of these ads!

roadster wreck on 101

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VNTGE41, May 27, 2011.

1. NumbNutz

NumbNutz

Our thoughts and prayers to all the family members.
    Be careful out there, we had 3 cars from Phoenix go to the WCK show this past weekend and lost count of how many times we got cutoff, honked at, got flipped off and the road conditions on the 101 are just terrible.

2. This is a very sad story, that hits hard in the heart. I just want to express my condolences to his family and friends, and may God give you all a helping hand to guide you through this tough time. Hoping for a speedy recovery for his wife, and R.I.P Eric!

3. Rodder29

Rodder29

Words can only begin to express the sentiment that fellow Hot Rodders feel when a tragic event like this happens. The bond that we have and the sharing of our feelings is what helps the healing process.
    RIP Eric.

4. nor cal nic

nor cal nic

sad...blessings to his family, friends and the one who survived the crash.

5. My thoughts and prayers go to Eric's family and friends in their time of grief. God speed Eric.

6. andyg

andyg

very sad. RIP Eric and prayer for family and friends.

7. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

We are putting together a memorial cruise and car show for our friend Eric Doran and hope to get as many cars, bikes, customs, hot rods, exotics, off roaders, VWs to join us for a cruise up PCH and then a back lot car show behind his restaurant. You see, Eric loved all things motorized and he would want as many people as possible to come and hang out.

His memorial services were for "family only" and all his buddies did not get to go so we are having a send-off of our own.

It will not cost anything and it will be a cashual morning so tell your friends and come out to pay your respects. Flyer below....

[​IMG]

8. voodoo1

voodoo1

9. 1959apache

1959apache

Very nice of you guys, he would be proud. Give him one hell of a send off for us.

10. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Looking to get a head count....let me know if you can make it.

11. Really cool thing to do - wish I was in So-Cal to participate. Do him proud gang . . .

12. Sutton Speed

Sutton Speed

Man I wish I could be there... gonna be out of town for work. Glad your putting this together John... Pretty Cool!

13. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

That memorial drive is bad ass! Eric would be proud Acme!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  14. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I just read this, I missed it the first time around, it's gut wrenching to read and I'm just speechless.

Rest in Peace, Eric.

15. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Hey guys, I figured out a nice route for the cruise. We will meet at "Eat Chow" (Eric and partner Brian's) restaurant at 9:00 am on Sunday and cruise north on Pacific Coast Highway to Seal Beach and then back to the restaurant where there will be some free food and drinks. The cruise route will take about 1 hour. I will hand out maps/instructions the morning of the event.

Please tell your friends and come out for the morning. I hope to have a big turn out to hoor our Friend Eric Doran.

This is a free event. Nobody is charging or selling anything so show up and hang out for a bit.

Thanks,

16. We may be far away, but we'll be there in spirit. I'm sure it will be well attended.

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like a good way to honor an preserve the memory of him. Even though I won't be there I would have to believe that he would be proud that he was remembered this way.

18. DiabloMann

DiabloMann
    from colorado

Condolinces to all involved. Thats a cool thing ACME! Hope for a speedy recovery for Erics wife too.

19. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

20. Thoughts and best wishes to you guys and this event,

Cheers,

Drewfus

21. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

to the top almost here

22. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

23. My Olds is not running, but I'm with you all in spirit. RIP Eric.

24. My thoughts are with the family and all affected. Very tragic. Looking into swtiching out my tail lights to LED's in my '50.

25. My condolences to Eric Doran's family. I'm installing seat belts in my Cadillac this week.

26. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

27. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Good on ya John,
    I'll see you on Sunday.

28. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

I have just read this post for the first time and it sadens me to read this, its a shame that people cannot pay attention to the roads and leave their phones and food on the seat, i dont know eric but he seems like a great guy with lots of friends, being it was for family only, this cruz is a great idea i wish i was in cali because i would be their to pay respect

thoughts and prayers for the family and friends of eric

rip.....fellow hot rod brother

29. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Prayers go out to all who are close to this tragedy. I always keep an eye out in the rear view mirror. There is so much inattentive drivers and those who seem to not be happy unless they are driving up your butt. So sad. We all lose when something like this happens. Prayers.

30. opu27

opu27
    from ONYX,CALIF

FRANK ODDO was rear ended in his 40 coupe on the way back from a rod run years ago. We put large powerful red lights under 40 facing the ground. At nite the whole street would light up. No help during the day. Dick