Register now to get rid of these ads!

Robbed in East Dallas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lunchboxlbc, May 19, 2011.

1. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Sorry to hear about your stolen tools Lunchboxlbc! When you rebuild the doors put an oldfashioned block across them for when you go away. I have two pieces of 3/8"x1.5" plate bent and lagged to the frame on each side of my door designed to drop a 2x4 into. That pretty much makes the doors impossible to kick in.
    I keep mine bolted with the 2x4 all the time unless I'm going in and out.

2. jimmitchell70

jimmitchell70
    from CT

How did you make out?
    Were any of the items at the Pawn Shop your old tools? I really hope so!
    BTW, I have to say that you've had a really good attitude through all of this.
    A type of serenity and realism that you don't see everyday.
    Good Luck!

3. RocketMan

RocketMan

Traders Village is having a big automotive swap meet the weekend of June 11th just on the
    southwest side of Dallas. How about we all print off a list of the stolen stuff and do a
    "HAMB POSSEY CLEAN SWEEP" of that swap meet? I will be taking a copy of the list.

4. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Good idea!

5. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Last time I was at Traders Village they had a shit ton of what Im sure were stolen tools. Some were sitting in piles that looked like they just came out of some poor bastards work truck. Having had our work truck and all of our tools we use to make a living stolen last year (right outta the driveway) I feel your pain.. Good luck with the Pawn Shop lead, perhaps that will give you a name to go on so you can start pressing charges!!

6. john~N~dallas

john~N~dallas

any new news ??? anyone in jail???