Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Breezed through a car show today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boeing Bomber, May 30, 2011.

1. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

We were having a good time??

2. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

3. sixpac

sixpac
    from Courtenay

Great stuff thank you love the spring time its car time

4. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

o/t but I like your sig line!... a lot like my old one.. Measure with yardstick, mark with chalk, cut with torch...

5. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

What show are all the pictures from? Looks like a nice variety of good stuff!

I don't really care what year a car is as long as the owner has put a lot of his sweat into changing it. When somebody just plunks down cash and drives a new car into a show it bores me to tears.

6. sololobo

sololobo

The cruise to Colby show had a ton of great cars. Sometimes it is hard to take off the traditional only hat, but I am learning to appreciate folks careing about a muscle car etc, cleaning em up and showing em off. I am trying to think it is just part of the new scene with newer cars. Love the look of the beautiful landscaping and building pride exhibited in the pix. The big wrecker is a great display, and I am intriqued by the burgandy panel truck right below it. Looks like 4-doors sculpted in it, would love to see more of it. But overall the parade of iron coming down the street is awesome. Thanx for taking us to the event. That 49 is a sweet one bro. ~sololobo~

7. Rolf

Rolf

We knew there would be a ton of muscle cars etc but it is an open show so it is what it is. Like someone said: they had as much fun as the rest of us.

I don't understand the new car thing though; wow so you can make payments?? Oh yeah, and put Armorall on your tires!! Far out.

Just Dug and I had a great time, met some HAMBers and drank too much coffee.

We are ready for BCC Ford meet next Sunday.

8. I say to the owners of "new" cars at shows: "Man...the guys in New-Car-Get-Ready at the dealership really made that one look nice!"

They usually get pissed at me for that comment!

9. ErikDaViking

ErikDaViking

I think I saw that red Mercury at the Shake The Shack car show last October, thats a beautiful car!

10. jrt49box

jrt49box

That was a fraction of the cars at the Cruizin to Colby show in Everett WA. There were 700 or more cars.

11. jrt49box

jrt49box

Hey Denny, yes I was ... parked right next to ya.

12. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I think my three favourite words in the English language are much underused at car shows.

"Cut off date".;)
    Paul

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Rolf's car looks all type of incredible!

14. nolly

nolly

Amen to that!!;)

15. 32Rules

32Rules

Wow like missing the point. They haven't made a maverick in over 30 years. While I don't consider them old or interesting,I m sure someone does. Besides I go to look for ideas. I don't just look at the cars but look at the brackets andhowtheir made. Talk to the owners andhave them tell me the story of the car or Ho he did something.
    It's a big world and a lot to take in. Even those new cars have something to offer. They must have been special enough to the owners to cough up the entry fee.
    All cars are the same, it's in the details.

16. Rolf

Rolf

You guys are too nice...it's just a rough canvas to start with.

17. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Yeah, the Mavericks were interesting, and there probably were some good stories behind them, but other than the 2 Grabbers, the rest were not modified or interesting to me. I'm sure there were many people that thought "WOW, Mavericks".
    I know it's an open show, so I saw pretty much what I expected. Next weekends All Ford Show will be more to my liking. It's usually a BIG show, and everybody can find SOMETHING they like. Usually by the dozen.
    My pick for best car at Colby had to be the primer red '33 Ford Tudor sedan with the full roll cage. Beautifull detail work. Anybody know if he's a HAMBer? Sorry I haven't uploaded pics yet.

18. Rolf

Rolf

I agree. I plan to install fenders on my '32 and I talked to several "street rod" '32 owner about their build, you always learn something and maybe make a new contact. Great fun.

19. Are you talking about the one with the quad four?

20. Richard Head

Richard Head

A couple of people told me that a street rodded 32-34 coupe with a wild engine was wadded up on highway 9 on the way home from the cruise Sunday night. Does anyone know which car it was? Just curious if it was glass or the real deal.

21. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Yeah, I got pics of it on a Roll-Back on Tuesday. I'll post 'em as soon as I get them downloaded. You aint gonna' like 'em. Your heart will SINK. It was a maroon, all steel '30-'31 coupe, twisted and slammed so hard at the A-pillar the windshield is shattered. The carnage continues all the way down the passenger side.
    It was pretty professionally built, with an I.F.S., and some tall billitts. The vanity plates reeds CARSON2. Looks like a driver and passenger could've walked away shaken, but unhurt. This is a Memorial day that owner is gonna' remember for a long time. Sad to say.

22. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Probably. I think that nicely restored blue Grabber had some heavy induction.

23. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Okay...Here are the pics you've been waiting for. This is the Rod your thinkin' of. It's all steel, and wasted...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]