Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods T Bucket Tops

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dmc3113, Oct 12, 2010.

1. 57belair

57belair
    Member Emeritus
    from Michigan

Dick Bailey is known for his '50 Merc
    "Bailey's Dreamboat" by The Alexander
    Brothers but he also built this fine T
    bucket

Attached Files:

2. dmc3113

dmc3113

3. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

You know it really depends on the style of T you have - early, '70/'80's, or current modern. The early ones the tops were not all that tall, but the '70/'80's were wildly tall - now days they are kind of in the middle. Also the style of windshield should be considered too - tall glass - tall top. Google TBucket Alliance their web site has 100's of pictures to look at.

Attached Files:

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I wonder if any body has the Rod&Custom article that Gray Baskerville wrote in '72 or '73 on styling T buckets. I haven't looked at in years 'cause I haven't been able to find my copy, but it has a great "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" guide to top styling. All the other guides are great too...

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The tall sail style top is the one for a 60s-70s FAD T look.
    The stock Model A/T looking tops, short-medium-or-tall, are for the earlier style of the 40s-50s, and cars that the owners don't want called FAD Ts.
    Nothing wrong with either in their genre.
    Ha, didn't take many posts on this thread for the revival of the 17-22,23-25 T versus the 26-27 T being properly called T Buckets or T roadsters. Surprise, they are all T roadsters and with a shortened pickup bed or early-style low turtledeck T bucket works too.

6. WMG23T

WMG23T

I know this is an old thread bt was wondering if you still have the top in the shed and if you would be interested in selling it? I have an older TP body that I would like to put a top on.