Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage A few Rust Revival pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BinderRod, May 21, 2011.

1. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

its whatever you want it to be.

why dont you go ahead and stir the pot by asking a baited question. Your not helping anyones cause with that question so whats the point?

2. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

A cool as lil truck I'n my opinion !!!! Btw, for folks who don't have a clue about our town, people park all over the place! It's a very small town! So if you see to new of vehicles I'n pics, there just parked there, not a part of the show! Such as the chevy I'n above pic! That lady was setup to raise money for a youth camp she has! So try not to judge if you don't know!

3. oh no, i'm not trying to start more trouble, just curious what people think of my turd!
    i wanna make a gasser out of it someday!
    i've called my truck worse names than anyone can think of!
    I had a great time at the show!

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  4. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

That would be sweet!!!!!! Course I'm building a gasser, so I'm a lil biased! Lol
    Btw, there a club of older fellers from CR that have a bunch of old sleds....u know who they are?

5. no, sorry i don't

6. robertl

robertl
    from Missouri

The red 29 belongs to my Dad and Me. We traded for it about 10 or 12 years ago. I'll take it to one or two shows a year, but I don't get it out as much as I should.

It was built in California in the mid 50's. It's on a Z'ed A frame with 41 Merc running gear. The car is basically untouched since it was painted red in 1970. It was originally blue with a yellow engine. I've got photos of it going back to the early 60's and I've spoken to the man who originally built it.

The car came to Missouri in 1969 on a tow bar behind a VW micro bus. I've still got the tow bar. The car is very well built considering when it was put together.

One of these days, I'll scan the old photos and documents I have and post them up for everyone to see. The car's a real historic piece of our hobby.

This was our first trip to the RustRevival, and I wanted to thank everyone involved for a great show.

7. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Thanks and welcome to the HAMB Its a great little roadster I suspected the story behind it would be something like that considering how cool and old it looked

8. shainerman

shainerman

Yeah, welcome. I would love to see some pictures too. When you drove by where I was standing, i stopped my convo dead in its tracks and was stoked. The car radiates everything I think most of us strive for. Simple, fun, hot rod. Where are you at in Missouri?

9. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are probably thinking of the Golden Gears. They are mainly based out of Palo Iowa which is a few miles NW of Cedar Rapids.

10. Sweet roadster and a cool story. Thanks for slowing down for the pic while I fumbled with the camera.

Oh, BTW, ... Welcome aboard!

[​IMG]

11. robertl

robertl
    from Missouri

Montgomery City

12. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Great car!Enjoyed checkin it out,like a time capsule...

13. Home Brew

Home Brew

Most of you are missing the point. I don't much care for true rat rods either. If they would put as much effort in building a nice trad car they would have something. But the point is, they were there. They supported the show. It takes a lot of effort to put on a show of this size. The Kropdusters need to be commended for their efforts. A lot of shows have nothing for you to do after seeing the other cars but sit in your lawn chair while waiting on the awards. Not so at this event!

14. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Well said home brew! Well said

15. The Hop Walla

The Hop Walla
    from Dallas

I'm going to get kicked in the nuts for saying this: I enjoy looking at the crappy r-rodz when I go to a show.

Sure, they are unsafe and totally counter to traditional rodding. Most here agree that they are a breed apart from what we endorse.

But they make me laugh, which I'll take any day as a bonus for the price of my admission. And they make me truly appreciate the honest hotrods.

dka

16. TinShed

TinShed

I agree 100%, I like to look at them and some of the stuff these guys come up with is cool and original. Not my cup of tea but I would rather have more cars to look at than empty parking spaces. Also some of the people that own them are a trip to talk to and look at also. Car people are just plain cool any way shape or form!

17. RichG

RichG

Thanks to Bill (Hotrod33), both my kids are sportin' Rust Revival tees now. So for all you Kropdusters, you're represented up here in the great northwest!

It looks like you had a fun show, RR's are just part of the overall scenery, no big deal. The only one that I have a problem with is the one with the funky ass front perch. That guy needs sat down and helped out, I sure as hell hope it's just a matter of no education.

18. I wouldn't miss this show for the rapture!! What gets me is I spent a good deal of sat under my car , fixing a lil thing that came up after driving it 30k miles in the last 3 years( I wouldnt change that for anything ), there was not one of the "TURDS" that didnt come and leave on a trailer.....so these guys dont get it , not only on the build but on the whole exsperiance, half the show for me is the rd trip down with good friends in old cars, the other is seeing good friends and partying with them ......THE RR to me will always be a COOL ASS PARTY that car show broke out !

Please dont take this as if I am anti trailering...some of you guys with drag cars i get it you cant drive them that far ( I STILL LOVE LOOKING AT YOUR CARS)...to to build a car put it on a trailer unload it off a trailer park it and wait to see how many people LOVE it or Hate it ....then load it up at the end of the show and leave ....YOU DIP SHITS ARE DRAMA QUEENS ONLY !! your not car guys and you sure the fuck are not hot roders....please stay home !!!

19. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

I have to agree with ya Steve, and now they've invaded our hotel. Next year I think we should block all the rooms so these turds can't get in.

20. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Steve,

You betcha Red Rider...I have windshield wipers. I got a heater. I got a gas credit card. I've got a road map. And I've got spare tools in the trunk. Where we going to drive to.

As I mentioned before, it was more of a kick in the pants to take one back road over, and another one home. Lots of stuff to see on roads other than the interstate.

Besides, my dog likes going for a ride in it!!!!!!!!

HellRaiser

21. Aside from the aftermath drama.....I'm sorry we missed the show. Looks like we would have had a good time. Maybe next year? We will try to bring the Goldsmobile....

Side note: Shaine, What happened to your Edsel? I saw the pics of you guys wrenchin' on it. Hope it didn't give you too much trouble.

22. GTA91

GTA91
    from Festus, MO

Nice meeting you and thanks for the shirt. I definitely dig the straight 6's.

23. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

I work around a lot of Amish, you couldn't pay me to eat that shit. Not the cleanest preperation methods. Sometime I'll tell you about the raisin bread that was bought to work and turned out to be flys, no raisins. If that one doesn't sell you, we can discuss changing diapers while kneeding bread. Saw it, won't eat it.

Breeder, you do a great job. I got the flu and was so pissed we couldn't come down. After last year, I even told the race team that from now on I'm not available on RR weekend. I told the wife we had to drop by for food next time we're down that way. We were in a local club and never pleased everyone at any show, not possible. There's always those that know what's best for everyone else. The statement that it's a party where a car show breaks out is spot on. Fun times. We'll be there even if rat rods show up. Thanks for all your hard work and ignore the assholes that bitch about everything. We're coming to eat some day and I'll thank you face to face.

JMO,
    SPark

24. sethmo

sethmo
    from Keokuk, IA

25. sawblade

sawblade
    from Central MO

Gee,thanks for all the kind words.Heres a shot you all missed of my car.Can't wait till next year,looking forward to it.

Attached Files:

26. banginona40

banginona40

Tom Poco on the Bird