Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy in Oregon

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by steel3window, May 29, 2011.

1. steel3window

steel3window
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'ver been lurking here for a while and figured it's time to jump in the ring and add my 2 cents to the pile...

Steel3window comes from my first drivable hot rod.

After a string of Model A's, I got a steel '32 3 window when I was 29 in 2002 It was Cortez silver body with black fenders. I met a guy named Rick Strange from Sacramento who built it in the mid '70s at Goodguys Pleasanton in '04. He got it in a trade for a Tudor from a guy in Long beach who claimed it was in a car mag in the '50s. Possibly when it was blue (He gave me an old picture of it from when he got it before the color change that came out of his "build book". I kept the car 'till '05 when I "had" to sell it to pay for the ex wife. What did that cost? Stop and think of a number, add some zeroes... Now add some more... (It's nearly impossible to make a comment or joke that doesn't end in "That Bitch" Haha) Though trust me, other than having to sell the car, it was more than worth it!!!

Last I knew, the '32 is in the hands of Ron Anderson in the Seattle/Tacoma area who has fixed the top insert, replaced the rear fenders to original steel, and found an original dash for it.

Yes, I email him once in a while, and yes, I miss my (first) car...

After my laptop got stolen, the only pictures I have left of it are my avatar (Taken with my phone the night I loaded it in the trailer to deliver it to Ron) and two old photos of when Rick Strange got it and it was blue. If you have any info on it I'd love to know who used to own it or it's history. The California Black plates on it are FKB 066

So with all that said, I'm now attempting to work my way back up the chain again towards another one, & yea... It'll be a while.

Remember it's not a sob story, it's an opportunity to have a better life! Now let's get back to hot rodding!!!

Brian White

Attached Files:

2. NateSedan

NateSedan
    from Oregon

Welcome aboard Brian. It's good to see another local guy on the boards. Check out the Northwest group as well.

3. genosslk

genosslk

Welcome from the Eugene area..... Leaburg to be exact.