Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hand Pump Vac Brake Bleeder ANYGOOD?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kensey, May 29, 2011.

1. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

Anyone ever use one of these???? Are they any good? I "how" you use one, but I don't understand how it actually works?

Not the reverse bleeding method, but the vacuum method with the hand pump.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

2. pool

pool

I use my mighty vac all the time .It makes quick work out of bleeding brakes.

3. LDGn63

LDGn63

They "can" suck air past the bleed screw and make you think you are pulling air out of the line when you really aren't. Keeping that in mind, I love mine! Makes it a one man job and since I work alone it makes sense!

4. dirtybirdpunk

dirtybirdpunk

5. MityVac's are awesome. They have many uses around a car shop if you read the book. Motorcycle/Late model Harley's especially. I just performed a COMPLETE brake fluid change/flush on the shop/tow vehicle in about an hour all by my self. Although I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express the night before too.

6. To prevent air from leaking in around the bleeder screw, you can put a dab of silcone grease around the screw. That seems work for me.

7. chubbie

chubbie

do your self a favor and buy a large syringe from a from a large animal vet. that with some 1/4 inch hose. (under $10) you can draw the fluid out of the MC and pressure the system. this even eliminates the "bench bleed" of a new MC. the gravity bleed mentioned before is also golden!
    anyone want to buy a well used mighty vac:mad:

8. 53 hemi

53 hemi

I know it doesn't answer your question, but I just did a major brake job solo last week and after a bunch of research I decided to try speed bleeders. Awesome product that works!

9. 4t7flat

4t7flat

If you are using residual valves ,vacuum bleeding won't work. All three of my rods have residual valves,so I can't use my power vacuum bleeder. What works the best for one man bleeding,is a length of clear tubing attached to the bleed screw,and going into a bottle part full of brake fluid. Make sure the end of the tube is under the brake fluid. Open the bleed screw,and slowly depress the pedal,then let the pedal come back slowly. You can do this 3-4 times,then close the bleed screw.