Register now to get rid of these ads!

roadster wreck on 101

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VNTGE41, May 27, 2011.

1. VNTGE41

VNTGE41
    from l.a.

Rip eric. Very sad news, really hits home. Condolences to his friends and family

2. PelleJeep

PelleJeep
    from Costa Mesa

Thank you everyone who posted for Eric, his wife Kat, his sister Emily, Eric's parents and family, Kat's parents and family - your thoughts are so so so much appreciated and mean the world to them! This is a tremendous loss for everyone - the Hot Rod world lost a great friend. Love you Bro, and miss you to death! your friend Pelle

3. Dar73

Dar73

My wife, son Henry and I eat at his restaurant Eat Chow all the time.... I didn't know Eric was a Hamber. I read this this morning while getting the oil changed on my truck. I drove by the restaurant afterwards...it's closed with flowers at the door :( I am sad for everybody involved. The loss of a young hot rodder, a great restauranteur and chef and a friend to many. so sorry.

4. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

RIP Eric. Condolences to his friends and family.

5. raidmagic

raidmagic

Emily,
    Thank you for your update. Nothing we can say can ease your pain just know there are alot of people out there that you have never known or met that will be praying for you, your bother and your family.

6. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

This is what I was trying to say in an earlier post that got deleted. I meant it in a positive way to try to prevent further tragedies like this one, even though I don't know the couple, it has been bugging me since I heard about it yesterday. I know what its like to be rear ended in an older car. I wish the wife a speedy recovery and best wishes to the rest of the family.

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  7. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Saddened by the tragic news. R.I.P. hot rodder.
    Condolences to his wife and family.

8. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

This has also been on my mind since I was told about this yesterday. Horrible news , I feel for the family.

9. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

R.I.P. Eric my prayers are with your family and friends

10. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Emily, Thank you so much for the update. I have been checking this thread every few hours. This one is really getting to me. Prayers for everyone involved.

11. HELLMET

HELLMET

prayers for the family. r.i.p to a hot rodder.

12. 32Auburn

32Auburn
    from Oregon

Lost mine 33 years ago and I think about him all the time. Cherish what you had and know you made an impact on his life too. Keep in touch with his family, it will help you both. God bless.

13. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

This is sad and hits home to one building an RPU.

Our prayers will go out to the family and everyone affected by Eric's passing.

This may or may not be the place to ask, however I am left with questions as to the type of seat belts (if any) that were in the car.

I am left wondering if the outcome would be different with some different equipment.

Please forgive me if this isn't proper, this is so tragic.

14. dean37

dean37

I've done that same drive to paso on the same road so many times, makes you realize at any moment this can happen. I'm deeply sorry to the families involved.

15. sdluck

sdluck

I am very sorry.

16. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Thanks Emily. Your brother was a good man and we miss him. He was always so positive and enthusiastic about everything.

I hope you and the rest of the family find comfort in knowing how many people loved him.

17. terrible news....... prayers to the family.... rip eric

18. Pharouh

Pharouh

Condolences go out to the family. I always hate to see something like this that could have been avoided. Please be careful people.

RIP Eric.

19. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Never like to hear this kind of stuff. Thoughts and prayers to Eric and his family.
    We never know when we go out the door what lies ahead. Remember to tell those we love what they mean to us while we can.

20. What can be said that hasn't already been said. Didn't know him, never met him, and it still hurts to read this. God will heal all with time, and my family will have yours in our hearts and prayers.

21. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

My deepest sympathies to the family.

22. Torque-Tube

Torque-Tube

Words Fail.
    Heartfelt Condolences to Family and Friends.

May he Rest in Peace.

23. Hot Rod Chris

Hot Rod Chris

X2 my fiances and my thoughts and prayers go out to the family...

24. gal6xie5

gal6xie5

So Sad. Sorry to hear of this tragic accident. I will be thinking of him and his family and all those coming home from Santa Maria on Monday when we cruise PCH here in OC. I think we will stop by Eat Chow and pay our respects. I always tell my mom, its not her I worry about on the road its the other guy. RIP Eric - I probably saw you around, never met you personally, but you are a hot rodder which makes you family.

25. Thoughts and prayers for Eric and his family. RIP to another hotrodder and hamb member

26. At this point we have no idea what happened and to chastise the driver of the truck is really out of place. There was at least one other car involved and again, at this point it is not known what happened, So please - these type of comments do not help with the mourning or healing. Even if the truck driver does turn out to be at fault, your comments don't really help at this time of grieving.

Why do you say that? Please read what I just wrote above. Those types of comments aren't helping anyone.

17 pages in and everyone has already seen that, did you not read this thread? ........

Emily, How brave and strong of you to come on here and post, it has to be incredibly difficult. I only knew Eric through Eat Chow, didn't even know he knew of the HAMB (was he even on here?), but did know him to be a fine man. Best wishes to you and your family, Kat and everyone who was close to him. Godspeed Eric.

27. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

When I saw the pictures of the car there didn't appear to be much room left behind the steering wheel. In tragedies like these, many of us look for ways to prevent them in the future. There will be time for questions later.

28. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

I'm very sorry for your loss Emily. I know it may not be much consolation, but hopefully this will open some eyes and get other drivers to pay more attention and get us Hotrodders to be even more aware of our surroundings. Like someone else on here said, drive like your'e invisible.

John

29. We were not friends,but I knew Eric also. To those who WERE friends with him,I am truely sad for you! He will be missed....Even though,Bigdaddy and I had are differences,my heart goes out to you....
    RIP Eric....Tragic news!