Register now to get rid of these ads!

roadster wreck on 101

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VNTGE41, May 27, 2011.

1. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Reading all this definately brings it home. Some of you are concerned with the safety of driving your hot rods. I think this is a rare instance, out of ALL the cruises we take, the law of averages are bound to catch up with us? This is hard for all of us, especially the ones that knew him. But I dont think we should lock ourselves in the closet, we should go out and cruise in his memory. He will definately be on my mind at my next race!

2. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Very sad! Prayers for the families involved! God Bless!!:(

3. CANS01

CANS01
    from Illinois

4. In an eery moment last night on the drive home I saw an identical multi vehicle pileup at a choke point. All cars were late models and looked like all were well.

It can happen anytime guys hotrod or not. Be safe this weekend.

5. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

I hope they weighed that truck. I'd bet it was overweight. While nothing can bring him back, if he had a family, they will need to be taken care of. I can't imagine that anyone in that car is going to be in very good shape. You can try to control the space in front of you but there's no way to control how close someone is following.

Cell phone make things way more dangerous out there. I don't ride my motorcycle much anymore because of that.

6. I feel sick about this. I looked forward to going out to the garage and working on my project this weekend...now, not so much.

Skip and the folks at ACME, I'm really sorry about the loss of your friend. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

May our brother Eric, rest in peace.

7. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

Bad news.
    Sorry to hear about this.

TP

8. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Very sad. Prayers to his family anf friends.

9. R.I.P and Godspeed to a better place Eric

10. Dirk35

Dirk35

This is terrible! Sorry for the loss to the people that are involved. RIP :(

11. Thoughts and prayers from our family to friends and family of Eric. Major healing vibes to his wife.

I survived a head on crash in a '27 T roadster years ago. It was bright yellow with bright chrome up front. A clear day with only 2 vehicles in the area. Us and the truck that turned in front of us. This was before cell phones. No electronic distractions in that 66 ford pick-up. Driver said he never saw us.. Be careful out there people. They are not looking for us.

12. 1320/150

1320/150

Sorry for your loss Skip. Think of the good times,and it will heal soon!!! R.I.P.

13. Godspeed and Rest In Peace Eric. Skip don't beat yourself up over this. He was doing something he loved to do. I would hope that I am lucky enough to pass doing something I love someday then to wither away. I will pray for his wife to pull through and have a good recovery.

I heard about this from my Ol' Lady as she is a Hamber and sent me a message while I was out in my Coupe last night with Trad27. We both drive our model A(s) very aggressively. We drive like we are on motorcycles and everyone is trying to run us over or can't see us. I have found it safer regardless of whether people get angry at my driving style. These old cars we all drive offer little safety and when we get behind the wheel being vigilant and paying extreme attention to our surroundings and changing roadway/traffic conditions is a must. The unexpected happens at the most unexpected time. We all can share stories of near misses. I feel a deep sadness to hear of a fellow old car lover having lost his life. Once again RIP Eric.-Weeks

14. willyscoupe

willyscoupe

As much fun as the open road can be , it's still one of North America's most dangerous areas .
    Keep your eyes open because no one else does .
    This was a very sad story to hear about and hits home too .
    Prayers to the families .
    Sad .

15. ottos

ottos

very sad . prayers for the family to recover from there loss and we lost a fellow hotrodder... godspeed...

16. Otto Nobetter

Otto Nobetter
    from SoCal

17. rd4pin

rd4pin
    from louisiana

Very sorry to hear this disturbing news, my prayers go out to the family.

18. TaiKelly

TaiKelly

The couple involved in the accident were friends of mine, the wife is still in the hospital and Eric died on impact when he was ejected from the vehicle. He owned Chow restaurant in Costa Mesa. My heart breaks for Kat during this tragic loss. Prayers are with you Kat and we all love you so much

19. efruecht

efruecht

Hi all,
    This is Eric Doran's sister Emily. Yesterday I was told by a couple of Eric's buddies to check out this forum. I don't even know what to write right now because of the shock and pain. I do want to thank all of you who have written their condolences and is comforting to know that there are people like you out there.
    I do want to state that Eric was not thrown from the vehicle but rather was killed instantly by hitting the steering wheel. His wife, Kat is in stable condition but has fractured ribs, concussion, a lacerated liver and injury to her lumbar.
    I'll keep you all informed as I get new information and will do my best to answer any of your questions.
    -Emily

20. Ebert

Ebert

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. So sorry for your loss.

21. janbuick

janbuick

prayers go out to family and friends

jan

22. ToDieFor

ToDieFor
    from MN

My prayers are with you and your family.

23. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

i am very sorry for your loss. thank you for the update. please dont hesitate to reach out for help through this community, there are many of us who will help out anyway we can

24. Emily , So sorry for the loss of your brother sounds like he was a much loved man . My deepest condolences to your family . Rob.

25. dirtybirdpunk

dirtybirdpunk

x2, just let us know if anything is needed.....God Bless

26. Emily and family, you all are in our thoughts during this time, peace be with you all..........................

27. big creep

big creep

I think everyone here feels like your brother was our brother, if your family needs anything don't hesitate to ask here. i know sometimes it doesn't feel like it, but we are all family here. god bless you and your family especially your brother Eric!

28. Munstergarage

Munstergarage
    from Visalia ca

prayers for the family. Tragic..

29. RQuantz

RQuantz
    from Las Vegas

. x2

30. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

Emily and all of Eric's family and friends, Just read about your loss. I never knew or meat Eric. I just found out about your terrible loss a few minutes ago. I am stunned whenever I here of someone being taken from us before thier time.

Please accept my condolences. I will pray for all of you.