Register now to get rid of these ads!

roadster wreck on 101

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VNTGE41, May 27, 2011.

1. 71buickfreak

71buickfreak
    from Oklahoma

My prayers to his family and friends.

2. i really hope what ever idiot rearended poor eric gets sued for being such a fucking idiot.
    idiot people like the guy driving the truck just dont understand that you cant drive old roadsters and cars like big ass tank company trucks like he could...
    this is really devistating.

rip eric.

3. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

RIP Eric i did not know him but my heart go's out to all that knew him............

4. Rustyproject

Rustyproject
    from Clinton,Ms

Prayers and thoughts go out to family and friends. Lets keep praying for his wife sounds like she was hurt pretty badly too. RIP Eric.

5. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

This one is for you Eric....go to the light brother. We miss you.
    [​IMG]

6. Oil Field Trash

Oil Field Trash
    from Texas

My prayers this evening are for Skip, and Eric's family. Very sad to hear this

7. At some point it would be good to share the basic details on this one so we can learn from it to keep other people safe in the future. By that I mean who did what, who's at fault, and I'm guessing the car didn't have seat belts or they weren't properly anchored if they were ejected from it?

I also don't understand why that heavy truck didn't simply push the little car out of the way, or ahead, given they were both going the same direction, they must have been just about stopped or something and the truck still at highway speeds.

8. Very sad....RIP Eric.

9. I dont know what to say this has had me all day. but Acme says it all I think !

10. vein

vein

PRAYERS HERE....sad

11. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Horrible, this kinda thing hard on all of us.

I cant imagine how bad this sux for those that knew him.

12. Rod on Eric...and please gudie and watch over us....and Skip please hang in there....

13. Scott

Scott

Condolences from our family to family and friends. Hope Eric was doing what he loves!

14. voodoo1

voodoo1

15. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

16. I feel so bad for the HAMBer who owned the roadster and Eric and now for his family...

I hope it brings a little comfort to all to know that we are all thinking about you.

Sam

17. WayFast33

WayFast33

Driver and sadly, the fatality, has been reported as Eric Doran. Other passengers were hospitalized at Los Robles in T.O. Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his loved ones.

18. Very sad news......my prayers go out to him and the passenger.

19. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

May he walk with Gods and may angels keep his wife safe.....

20. diamonddrew

diamonddrew

Sad news. So many kind words. RIP

21. april may

april may

Saw this on my way down to Santa Maria this morning. My condolences to his family, friends, and especially his wife. Such a great loss.

Everyone else, be safe out there.

22. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Very sad to hear. RIP

23. BanjoBoy

BanjoBoy

God be with Eric His Wife Family and Friends
    Not as excited to get my Roadster on the road after hearing of this Devastating Blow.

I guess its all relative but still influential.
    RIP
    Eric
    I will pray for you and yours!

24. racer756

racer756

Although I did not know this man Eric Dorn, this thread speaks volumes on the kind of man that he was. May God look over on his soul and help to give his wife peace and comfort at this time. God speed.

25. This is tragic to hear about and it is very sad .I didnt know Eric but this has been on my mind all day. R.I.P.

26. AllenK

AllenK

RIP Eric and prayers to Skip!

27. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Getting ready to start on my own A build, I've been thinking about this all day. A couple other guys have said it, so I'll echo them....it honestly scares the sh*t out of me now to think about driving it, not because of what I do, but because these things seem to be happening more and more because others don't pay attention. Can't tell you how many times people have pulled out in FRONT of me, having recognized that I'm in an old car. I don't know if its psychological or what...."slow old car" or some crud. Happens FAR less when I'm driving my huge Tundra. NJ drivers are no better, if not worse.... :(

Condolences and prayers...sad sad day.

28. No one wakes up thinking that this will be the day. This loss makes us look reality right in the face and it can be ugly. Eric was living his life to the fullest and that is how I've got to look at this.
    To those who survive him, friends, relatives, loved ones, be strong. Think of his time here on earth and the memories you share. Embrace those you love like there is no tomorrow.

RIP Eric.
    To his wife, a speedy, complete recovery and most of all strength.

Indeed a sad day

29. Brujo29

Brujo29

This story really hits home for alot of us out on the roads in little 80+ year old cars.Being from NorCal and seeing drivers getting worse everyday on our Highways scares the shit outta me.Like others have said,you not only have to pay attention to what you are doing,but others as well.When you are hit from behind,thats another story all together.

Rest In Paradise Eric..My thoughts go out to his family and friends...Be safe out there brothers and sisters...