Register now to get rid of these ads!

las vegas hot rod shops

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by airbag, Oct 15, 2009.

1. airbag

airbag

I am going to las vegas to party october 21st thru the 25th. what hot rod shops or other hot rod sights are there to see. thanks nate

2. 22dodge

22dodge
    from Nevada

Hey Nate, there is a So Cal speed shop in Vegas, you will have to look
    up their address on their web site.
    You might also want to post your question on the "Las Vegas HAMBers"
    social group:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=175

You should get some info there... A couple of the guys have shops.
    As a Vegas guy, I would say hello but will still be overseas when you are in town.
    Have a good stay. '22 (Ken)

3. bobx

bobx
    from Indiana

why not go back to that place you raved about the last time you went. i think you said it was called 'thunder from down under' or something...couldnt get you to shut up about it.

4. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

Go see Lenny @ SoCal.

5. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

If you just want to see some cool cars, go to The Imperial Palace and check out their collection. The bar there serves some great bloody mary's too.

6. hipkatgreaser

hipkatgreaser

Go to the double down. Great dive bar, and have a shot of the bar tender's puke juice and buy the puke insurance. I didn't need the insurance and had 4 of the shots

7. bobx

bobx
    from Indiana

stay away from the 'chicks' with an adams apple.

8. 63Compact

63Compact

I second that he's a great guy.

9. daddio211

daddio211

Lenny at SoCal is a great guy! Take the time to meet him!

There's a car show Friday and Saturday at "Railroad Pass". I'm not in Vegas, I'm about 110 miles away in Utah, but several of us are driving down for the show and staying the night. Info here: http://railroadpass.com/images/pdf/MeetAtThePass2009.pdf

And there's always "Hot Rod Grille on Hot Rod Hill". Cool decor and pretty darn good food. The wife and I usually eat there every time we're in Vegas. Info here: www.hotrodgrillelv.com

If you make it to the show stop by and say hi. I'll be in the green A tudor in the link posted below.

10. bchampion

bchampion
    from Pahrump,Nv

Were can i have a supercharger in stalled in Las vegas on my F150 Fx4

11. vegas

vegas

Huh? :confused:

12. Nice intro huh?

13. kroozn1

kroozn1

F-150 4X4's are considered Traditional Hot Rods in Pahrump.

And I just had to move here.

14. vegas

vegas

Really :rolleyes:

That's funny right there! ^^^ :D

15. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Pahrump...nice hot rods over there, but some peculiar people in some areas. Get over there at least twice a month on business.

second the Lenny at SoCal suggestion. Also...head out to the LV Motor Speedway and visit the Shelby plant, and there are several other car-oriented business located in the business park at that locale.

dj

16. kroozn1

kroozn1

I have seen some nice cars here in Pahrump. Just haven't met any rodders yet.

The LV Speedway is a good suggeston. If you like the cobras go visit Tom's Motorsports too. You will get an eyeful. Vintage cobra race cars and they were getting started on a GT 40 restoration. I used to do their paint and body when my shop was out there. Tell Tom that his old painter Carl sent you.

17. What about the guy's shop that the Pawn Stars T.V. show frequents. I think he goes by the Count or something like that. He has done over several cars and bikes for the Pawn Stars crew. Claims he does traditional hot rods. Anyone ever been there?

18. bchampion

bchampion
    from Pahrump,Nv

I need a supercharger to tow my hot rod to car shows

19. kroozn1

kroozn1

Since I am almost as new to Pahrump as you are to the HAMB I will try and keep you from getting jumped on.
    Most the folks here would love to know about your hot rod.... Your truck... Well, I for one... just don't want to talk about it. Lots of places on the web for you F-150 guys. This isn't one of them.

At the top of the main page is a place to introduce yourself to the HAMB.
    It would be a good 1st step for you.

20. what about that guy from pawn stars and the other guy from american restorations
    tk

21. Hey Carl,
    Did you move the shop out to Pahrump too, or still over by Lossee? Last couple times I stopped by there you weren't around.

22. kroozn1

kroozn1

Yep! Moved it all.
    I don't want to hijack the thread... PM me.
    Hey... My phone is still the same number!

23. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope

Stay away from the Tranny shops.

24. jchum

jchum

stay away from vegas auto customs the guy is a duch bag and they dont know shit about hot rods

25. Met the guys from SoCal last year on a trip to Vegas, great bunch of guys, and some cool cars in the show room to perve at as well.

26. Kerry67

Kerry67

You could go to the parking lot of the Orleans and look where Viva is held......Just kidding. I am sure there is plenty of stuff. If you are into Antiques, there are some cool places where I have found some cool Hot Rod toys and what not.

27. jchum

jchum

what ever you do dont go to vegas auto customs the owner is a piece of shit and the dont know jack shit about hot rods Ivan is a good painter though he owns kandy shop has good rates and dose nice candy work that or my guy Roman he is a real old skool painter lots of candy and fleck work been doin it for a lifetime

28. jchum

jchum

sorry didnt think my comp posted that last one

29. Coming to Las Vegas Nov1-4 for the SEMA show and sticking around for a while . Any other shops etc. we should check out while we are there . Thanks as always,Wally.