Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thank you Troops- Memorial Day Weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fordstandard, May 27, 2011.

1. Take time all to remember those who served and thank those who are serving to keep us all safe!

If you are reading this post and are serving - let us know what your ride is back home waiting for your return & stay safe !

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  2. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Thank you troops for those serving now and those who have served.

We will be flying our American flag this weekend because of you.

3. Yea remember it's not just a three day weekend - you guys and girls make our lives so damn easy please be safe

Poverty leaves an impression

4. Well I am I work a few miles from my uncles grave at San Bruno - 276th inf division KIA WWII - also walked into SFO and found the place littered with sleeping GIs - just loving them all at 4:00 am

Poverty leaves an impression

5. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

We cherish too, the Poppy red
    That grows on fields where valor led,
    It seems to signal to the skies
    That blood of heroes never dies.

6. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

All the men and women who have given their all you are my heroes.... my hat's off to you...I fly the flag every day in my yard in your honor...Thank you, Thank you...Let's all pray for these heroes and for the safe return of those now serving.

7. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Amen

8. In remberance to all that have given all.

Last man standing I will not forget.

9. 26 roadster

26 roadster

All gave some, some gave all

10. robleticia

robleticia

EXACTLY!

However I do GREATLY appreciate all our service men and women and what they do for this GREAT country of ours! Thanks for keeping us all safe and free!

11. Diana The Doc

Diana The Doc
    from New York

Memorial Day Weekend is finally upon us.... Unfortunately, I know that for some folks these days, it means little more than a big mattress and contemporary bedding sale at the local mall, yeah, lots of people aren't necessarily concerned with what the holiday is really supposed to be about... Memorial Day is supposed to be about commemorating all the soldiers who died while serving in the U.S. military-- in all our wars... Be careful this Memorial Day Weekend, please don't drink and drive-- Exercise caution on the roads, it can get especially dangerous this particular weekend-- And don't let our precious little ones get too close to an unattended barbeque grill or pool... And please take the time to remember the brave men and women we've lost... Diana

"Benny The Bomb" and I, Benny's suit shows his patriotism...
    [​IMG]

12. I would like to thank everyone of all branches of the Military for thier service to our great country. All of the HEROS no longer with us who gave thier all and paid the ultimate sacrifice for all of us here today. My step father one of the few surviving and first and original Navy SeeBees, 87 years young and still driving my mother crazy. My dear DAD who PROUDLY served his country R.I.P., I love you. THANK YOU ALL!

13. big bad john

big bad john

....We will never forget....the ones that serve this country.....thank you

14. Lucky3

Lucky3

Most deserving of ......."A Sticky Please"

15. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

God bless 'em. Giving it all to protect the likes of us.

16. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Some of my friends didn't make it home in the late 60's. This day is for remembering them, and all the other brave soldiers who've served throughout hhistory.

17. tommyganly

tommyganly
    from seaford de

I want to thank the Troops. It is because of them we are able to enjoy the freedoms that we do have.
    I will showing my respect by riding to "Rolling Thunder" in DC. It is such an moving event. Any one close shoud go and see it.

18. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

I agree, don't get lost in the celebration and forget what the celebration is about. If you have a gathering this weekend, offer a moment of silence, 30 or maybe 60 seconds, a gesture of respect, to remeber sacrifices of the soldiers that gave their lives for our freedom. It is too easy to forget.

19. Thank you,,I honestly blame the school systems for not teaching this in elementry school when us ol' graybeards learned the difference. HRP

20. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

My thoughts and prayers go out to My Uncle and Grandpa..we miss you both.

And Dave, were still waiting to hear about you, knowing we wont hear from you

And to all those that gave all

God bless

21. Screw the sticky I'll bounce it once for the lost but never forgotten.

One of you other fellas has to give it the next bounce.

22. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Thanks for posting this.

23. 64gtoguy

64gtoguy

Thinking about my Grandson in Afghanistan, and My son who served three tours in Bosnia and Iraq. And of course all of our freedom fighters who have served since our beginning.
    Salute to ALL

24. Special Ed

Special Ed

PLEASE....Let's get this correct....
    I have nothing but praise for all of our troops, past and present, but Memorial Day is for those who actually lost their lives. You might be confusing it with Veteran's Day, or Armed Services Day, or something else. Not trying to be pissy here, but let's try and remember who Memorial Day is really intended for.... <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I'm saddened this even needs explaining...

25. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

let your flag fly on memorial day and at 3:00 P.M your local time 1 minute of silence for ALL fallen heros.