Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody deal with Rally America?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by baspinall, May 25, 2011.

1. baspinall

baspinall
    from SE PA

I ordered wheel spacers a month ago no show as of yet.... Just told on the phone another week..... Hmmmm. Just curious.

2. LOWDUG37

LOWDUG37

Sent you a pm

3. Ice man

Ice man

I also ordered wheel spacers and got them. Ist Class. Iceman

4. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Jimmy made four custom wheels for me last winter......great price, and good service.........call him on the phone.....he's not a big fan of e-mail.......always answered when I called and talked straight......

A big fan here.....

CB

Last edited: May 25, 2011

5. danny1940

danny1940

Hey Cuz, post some pictures of the Shoebox. I want to see what kind of progress you are making. Dan

6. Muttley

Muttley

Yep, more than once. Jimmy went above and beyond to get my stuff to me faster than any reasonable person could have dreamed of.

7. eightbanger

eightbanger

just be glad you didn't order from Wheel Vintiques. They are the worst business..EVER.

8. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Jimmy is the best hands down. Ordered some steelies from him about a year ago. Great product. Spent about an hour with me on the phone talking about backspacing for another project. He could have just sold me the rims and made some money, but he talked me out of it because he said it just wouldn't look right. I really appreciated his expertise and honesty.

You have to remember that sometimes things aren't getting to him fast enough. Sure some businesses use that line to get you off their back, but if Jimmy says he doesn't have them, I would believe him... :cool:

9. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Great product, fair prices, genuine commitment to selling you what you want and need. Sometimes Jimmy gets backed up, I suspect it's usually because of supplier delays. Hang in there.

10. baspinall

baspinall
    from SE PA

I talked with Jimmy. From what I gathered the adapters are not made at his place and are coming from another party.

11. customcory

customcory

Talked to them today, it will be two more weeks on my chrome revese 6-lug wheels.:D

12. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Bought wheels from them and went back for more later. Excellent service from my point.

13. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

Let me fill everybody in on the adapter situation. The place I was having them made kept raising the price everytime I placed an order for them so I've got a new machine shop working on them. They're taking a bit longer than expected, but I just got their first batch in this morning of the ones with 4.75" and 5.5" bolt patterns. There were a couple minor problems (the 5.5" center bore wasn't big enough, and the holes for the press fit studs weren't big enough) But I expect them to have those back to me today or tomorrow. This batch will cover everyone that needs the 4.75" bolt pattern and all but one person that needs the 5.5" adapters. As for the 5 on 4.5" bolt patten ones, they will get going on them after they're done with the others and I would expect to have them about the middle of next week.

And I also think I'm gunna have the 6 lug reverse wheels done in about a week now, the chrome shop just called said that the centers are done.

Thanks
    Jimmy

14. This is cool to read - I came dangerously close to getting wheels from vintiques.... Won't do it now - thanks guys... I love this forum.
    Jimmy - I am interested in 5 on 5 chrome reverse (big GM passenger car)
    I will call from the number on the website when I am ready....

15. buckd

buckd

Jimmy just sent my Mclean chrome wires a couple of weeks ago. Great communication over the phone. It took exactly as long as he said it would. No B.S. just good service. And their wheels are Exquisite, totally made in America and laced in their shop. All of their products are the finest. BUCKD

16. eightbanger

eightbanger

Smart move. I kick myself everyday for not buying my Skylark wire wheels from Wheelkid. I spent an additional $489 to fix my wheels purchased from Wheel Vintiques. Truly the worst business mistake I have ever made. Also, add rude and ignorant to the mix.

17. Bazooka

Bazooka

bought several sets of wheels from jimmy at Rally America. Great customer service and a good guy..

18. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

My wheels took a little longer than expected but came out awesome. Jimmy was honest and called me as soon as they were done so I could pick them up.

19. silent rick

silent rick

do they really want that much to widen a 40 spoke kelsey hayes wheel?

20. I ordered a set of 16" smooth trim rings from them on April 5. They said they would be shipped the following week. A couple weeks later I called and asked where my trim rings were, I was told they would ship them next week. They were finally shipped on April 28 I got them the following Tuesday and guess what they were 15" ribbed. I called them up and they said they would send out the correct ones that Thursday. Two weeks go by and I call again they tell me they shipped them last week. So a few more week go by. I called today and ask for the tracking number and guess what, they never shipped them. They now tell me they will ship them on Monday (which is a Holiday). I guess I should have known since it took almost four months to get a set of wheels I ordered for my Model A.

21. john walker

john walker

i had them make a set of 53 buick skylark wires in 8" width instead of the stock 6" and they still look great after several years.

22. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

I tried multiple times to get these guys to answer questions or quote me a price with a delivery time. Nothing....

If you don't do emails or internet, close down the website and don't offer an email address as a contact option. Worst thing is, they won't answer the phone either. So I gave up and spent my money elsewhere.

They may be great guys, and have great wheels, they just have some terrible business tactics.

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  23. petew

petew
    from Mebane, NC

I've ordered a couple of sets of wheel spacers from them. Excellent quality, great price and fast shipping. A great company as far as I'm concerned .

Pete

24. eightbanger

eightbanger

No. The $489 was spent to re-apply sealent to keep the spokes from leaking air. Also, the holes for the lug nuts are supposed to be centered between the spokes so you can remove/ mount the wheel easily. Way off!! Incredible pain in the ass to mount. Oh, and yes, they NEVER answer the customer service extension, only the sales line. And last but not least, the idiot manager doubles as the customer service rep! Stay away!!

25. eightbanger

eightbanger

To be clear, my posts are about Wheel Vintiques. Not Ralley America.

26. 8flat

8flat

Jimmy made 4 wheels for me, turned out great. They took a little longer than expected, but not too bad.

27. basicbob

basicbob

Jimmy is a good guy to deal with. Changed over some 17" artillery wheels to 18" for me, just ordered adaptors for Kelsey Hayes 16" wires. Received with-in one week! Great guy to deal with, Bob

28. 51wagon

51wagon
    from northwoods

I have ordered twice from them. I was a happy camper both times.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No good deed goes unpunished.

29. mj40's

mj40's

I ordered 4 OEM Ford chrome wheels from Jimmy last week. He told me a couple weeks. Can't wait to get them.

30. towaholic

towaholic
    from Rogers, mn

I ordered 4 chrome reverse wheels. he said about 3 weeks he called a week later and said they were done and being shipped. very nice quality.