Register now to get rid of these ads!

Joplin...hamb helping hands weekend getaway/BBQ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ryno, May 23, 2011.

1. KCsledz

KCsledz

Wish I could work with you guys too this weekend but we have a large crew coming in from my church to remove trees and debris from peoples yards this weekend also. Look for us, we will have the yellow helping hands shirts on.

I am thankful for all of you doing things to help the tornado victims in our area. Your donations of items, money and time will bless so many lives and provide the needed hope to make it through.

2. bigken

bigken

Quick thanks to Suicide-D (Darryl & co-worker) and Slick50 (Ken & Vicky) for their substantial paypal contributions.
    With some other funds, Big Tony procured 5 new chainsaws, chains, gloves, safety glasses, bar oil, pre-mix, and a couple chain sharpeners.
    Gonna be a heck of a weekend.

3. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Big Ken, you coming up 44 or 69?

4. Our hearts go out to all involved in this devastation. Several of our friends are headed out to Joplin this weekend to help. Sadly, we have to stay in St Louis to run the shop. Many St Louisians are still cleaning up after our recent tornadoes, (we just got power on yesterday) but we will do what we can to get together supplies and get them down to you. We can have a St Louis collection point (money, clothes, food) for the Joplin victims at our next Drive-in movie night on June 18 if you want. Let me know.

CCC Staff

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  5. bigken

bigken

Comin' up 69 and meeting 'Toast' (Tom) at the truck stop in Big Cabin.........

6. davidh73750

davidh73750

watch out big cabin is known for a speed trap. a few years ago they were banned from giving tickets. Local barney's.

7. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Approximate ETA?

8. Bryanhes

Bryanhes

Ryno,

I will have 15-20 hardhats with me in the morning to pass out.

9. bigken

bigken

I'm bringing 5, myself..........

10. bigken

bigken

Our departure (God willing) will be moved up. Initially thought midnight........but, if we get outta Dallas by 4pm, should look like 8-9pm.....10ish.
    Call me.....sent pm

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You know me only too well. :D

12. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I'm bringing a few cases of water & some duffle bags of clothes that I was going to take to Salvation Army here but I will bring them with me. See you folks Saturday around 11am.

13. ryno

ryno

got it , thanks

let me know, our list is growning!
    awesome, cant wait, my first time!

right on

got it, thanks

14. Deadbird

Deadbird

Paypal sent, a gift card is in the mail and lots of prayers.

15. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Pushrod Mobile is loaded and Big Ken and I are on our way.

16. ryno

ryno

got it thanks
    we're waiting...

17. ryno

ryno

if anyone in the Dallas area could not make it to big ken, i have another buddy leaving Dallas in the early am that could bring allot of what ever. pm me for the info, if interested.

id also like to take is minute, to thank all of you that have donated, commented, or sent money. it is overwhelming the power of this place. it like a huge extended family. i personally thank each and every one of you and i know the town of Joplin, as much as i hate living here, thanks you too. seeing the way this town has pulled together and the way everyone is working is inspiring

18. have a safe trip guys!! you guys will be in my thoughts all weekend

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  19. mongo51

mongo51

Wish I could come help but have to work this weekend. Ill do something to lead a hand from afar.

20. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Thanks man.

We just found out how awesome the sound system is in the PushrodMobile. We are blasting Rush 2112 as we roll through N Oklahoma Lol

21. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

soninlaw's sister house joplin
    2parents 3 kids climbed out their basement window to find their house gone

Attached Files:

22. Big Tony

Big Tony

Rudy J / Mo it was good seeing you at Kens today...ya'll have a safe trip, wished i could have gone with ya'll

23. ryno

ryno

Santa and his elf has arrived!
    thanks for helping them outta Texas tony.

24. Suicide-D

Suicide-D
    from Texas

Glad we could help. Be safe. Thanks for doing what I couldn't and I continue to pray for everyone involved.

25. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

Ryno- looks like I will be heading up saturday morning. Had a friend from springdale who's plans fell through for the weekend due to flooding, so he and his family will be following me.I have to be back sunday to inventory cores at my store, so I will just be saturday help. We each have chainsaws to bring if you think they will be needed. I will call you as per your pm, and find out where to meet up.

26. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Well I am frustrated beyond belief, the truck I had been planning on using broke down yesterday, so I was going to use my truck and borrowed a trailer, it sits too low to haul my backhoe, so I need a trailer to get my backhoe over there, all it needs to be is a heavy duty car trailer, my backhoe weighs about 4300 pounds, I can stay and help as long as I am needed and want to go help but I have fought for 2 days to try to get there and have been fighting a loosing battle, can anyone help me help our friends over in Joplin?? I have truck and backhoe and am ready to go, just need a trailer! I steel floor car trailer is what I have always used but I sold mine recently. Please someone help! Jim 417-593-0885

27. davidh73750

davidh73750

I can come up through ark city later tonight and maybe dewey early am if people want to donate goods, water, canned foods, sunblock gloves etc. PM me

28. HotRodMonkey

HotRodMonkey

My wife and I are leaving tonight and will be in Omaha over the weekend and then going to Joplin all day Tuesday and want to help. If there's someone in the area we'd love to connect and assist any way we can.
    Andy
    7oneNine-28seven-3thousand
    www.facebook.com/changedmyworld

29. ryno

ryno

Mid day update
    we cleared a huge 60 ft tree and a few pines out a fellow teachers yard And are almost all done with that customer. Doing the feed BBQ right now. Rainin like a son of a bitch! Lots of lighting and thunder. I don't think a little rianwil stop this crew though. I have a list 10 people deep now that needs help and it keep growing, so if your thinking of coming up please do so we can use all we can get.

Rudy j and I just did a interview with a local tv station. So look for the Hamb misfits on the big screen.

I'd you pm me or call I WILL get back to you as time allows.

30. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Get with Ryno.