Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got Fired today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nmbuellist, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I lost my high pressure, lots of travel, were a cell phone for 24 hr emergency crap job in Jan 2009. After a week, my blood pressure dropped 30 points.

Now I make less money, have less stress & no more middle of the night calls but I have more free time.

2. Ratrod37

Ratrod37

Lindsey, Good luck on the interview..

3. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

I used to run my own fab shop, I loved it but the pay was sometimes hard fought. I was in college at the time and watched all my buddies getting these amazing offers.

Decided to put myself on the market and took a salaried position as an engineer. Lost my freedom.

I am still a salaried employee but now run a business for someone else. It is okay, still want another business of my own, even with all the headaches it brings.

A good friend of mine once said, "the biggest obstacle between a man and his dreams is a steady paycheck."

If you are willing to take the risk and forge a new path on your own you will always be happier than working for the man.

4. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Things always seem to work out.

5. rangeman

rangeman
    from medford,or

I met a guy once by the name of Bob Smith, wrote a book about different species of trout in the U.S. He told me if you work for someone when you don't have too "you're trading your freedom for gold". That always stuck with me.

Good luck on a new job if you need it to keep the family taken care of.

6. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

I have had about 24 hours to process the change that happened by getting fired and boy and I really I glad. I have always been one to pull my own chain ,but when I entered the workforce a few years ago I found it an easy steady paycheck. But latley I worked for company that had me cancel forlkift PM's and dumpster pickups to save money. Among other things. Plus turning me a from bullshitting salesman into a phone soliciter. More money is offered if you ate TWEET and Facebook capable.STOP THIS IS NOT ME!!!!
    Went and got an appraisal on the Pink Dpdge--and it went great--I will strip chrome and fenders off and trade the guy the insurance check and a dead motorcycle I have. I haven't had fresh paint in years!!!

7. I may as well quit. Work has been incredibly bad up here its making me jut wanna get a job in the plumbing department at a hardware store. At least i wouldn't be on an "On call" schedule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.