Register now to get rid of these ads!

Texas Title help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fryguy, May 24, 2011.

1. fryguy

fryguy

no more information

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  2. Dchaz

Dchaz

Is the title already signed in the buyers place by someone else?
    If it is I went through this on a Harley a couple years ago. It takes the right paper work. I called a title company in fort worth and they did the paper work as the buyer backed out on the sale. Went back to the DMV with that paper work and the title and was done and in my name with no other problems. It was a Texas title so I'm not sure about the notarized part.

3. gasser300

gasser300
    from Ft Worth

I walked into the sub courthouse with a kansas title, current and signed and had an antique plate in my hand in about 4 minutes and didnt speak a word.

4. usmc72

usmc72

Its should be just like moving into texas from another state and registering your vehicle. All he should need is to walk in with a bill of sale. Texas has a form he can use. Just ask the DMV for a sales record form. They started using it to keep people from not paying the correct amount of tax on their cars. With it being an antique, he could just get an appraisel done and walk in with that. If he continues having problems then he should ask for the head supervisor or go to a diffeent office in the same county to register the car.

5. fryguy

fryguy

gasser, what city was the courthouse you visited located in?

6. fryguy

fryguy

Found out some information. Seems in texas you need form app 130u for a an out of state title that has been signed by a previous owner.

Good information to know.

7. RockyT

RockyT
    from Tx

Thanks fryguy and fellow Hambers for all your help. I will keep you guys posted as to what happens.

8. Suicide-D

Suicide-D
    from Texas

I have titled several out of state vehicles and each one had to be inspected by an inspector with a special form (VIN verification) that needs to be taken to the DMV. Any vehicle inspection station can do it.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Link to the necessary form. http://www.uhcu.org/files/Texas-Certificate_of_Title_App_VTR-130-UIF.pdf

I'd think that the first County clerk's office or dmv office he walked should have handed him that form and said "here you need to fill this out" before saying another word.

He will also need proof of insurance and a current state safety inspection sticker before he can get the title app done. Unless he goes title purposes only and doesn't register it at that time and just applies for title.

10. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I have found Texas DMV bluehairs to be very dim lit bulbs. They don't have a clue how to do half the stuff you go in there with. Then every station tells you something different. I went in once to register my 69 pickup as a classic with an new, never issued set of YOM plates. I had all the correct forms, everything I needed and it still took over an hour. She told me the plates were the wrong color. I finally made her call Austin and she found out her book was wrong, there were 2 different color plates for 69 trucks apparently. In the course of it all she dropped my plates and bent the corners on them both.

11. d.reese

d.reese
    BANNED

If your title has a date, don't wait! Texas charges $25 for every month that you wait.
    I call it creative billing or tax's, that I'd like to stick up someone's ars!

12. Redbows35panel

Redbows35panel

Just walked in with my signed California title and my Bill of sale. 15 minutes later I walked out with my antique plates. They did all the paper work I just signed where they pointed. Was told when I found my YOM plates. Come back and they would swap the data out. Was a little lighter when I left but expected that. I didn't even have the car, it was still in California waiting transport. All is good in Hunt County, Texas.

13. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

What did you about a green slip (vin verification) usually required on out of state title transferes?

14. drw47

drw47

I walked into a subcourt house is Fort worth, 3 weeks ago with a Wisconsin Title, signed in the 30's on the seller line, by the titled owner and a bill of sale from another person for the same vehicle, paid the tax on it and got a Texas title in the mail, last Saturday. I told the clerk that it was a project, in pieces with no insurance. The car is not registered (no tags, inspection or insurance), but does now have a Texas title. It was absolute no big deal.

15. 36tbird

36tbird

Stay away from the gov't bureaucrats! Go to one of the title offices that the dealers use. Been covered many times on the HAMB, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

16. fryguy

fryguy

36Tbird, thanks for advice, I'll pass it on.

17. I'm a dealer in TX and do title work nearly every day. Sounds like the place he is going to is the problem.

Try a different location or look for an independant auto title service. This should not be any big deal.

18. fryguy

fryguy

Seems the guy is running into difficulties and not getting much accomplished.

19. fryguy

fryguy

In Texas, is a bill of sale required with the title from out of state?

20. RockyT

RockyT
    from Tx

The prob was the origional owner had signed the title to another guy and he did nothing with it after he signed the title. So the title was in the 2nd guys name and not a open title stated by the Dmv and the state of Tx . The 2nd owner needed to put the title in his name then sign it over to me for me to get anything done with the title.. I have returned the title and should be getting a open (not signed by anyone on back) title and I will try it ASAP.. Thanks for all the advice guys .