Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jamco Suspension- still in business?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by grego31, Apr 6, 2010.

1. grego31

grego31
    from Sac, CA

I ordered a lowering kit for my Ford almost a month ago and I have been trying to get ahold of them to find out where my parts are. I got ahold of them 3 weeks ago and they said that everything should have shipped out already. They told me, when I talked to them three weeks ago, that the springs and coils come from a different vendor and get shipped direct and it was weird that I haven't got those yet and they would check on it and get back to me. Now, every time I call for the past two and half weeks, nothing but an answering machine and even if I leave messages, no return call.
    I was told that they take their time shipping stuff but this is getting me worried.
    Anyone got some inside info or know somebody on the inside?
    Just looking for some kind of update.

2. wow, I have heard this about them many times over, I dont order from them either because of thier "lack of" customer service. They like your money...hard to let parts go. JMHO.

I would say, blow up their phone and email untill you get a response.

Good Luck, keep us posted.

3. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Very probably not their fault. They have their foibles, but they are on the up and up. They're alliance vendors, just email them.

They answer the phone when they're not underneath a car, there's no order taker, so its tough to reach em sometimes.

Email has always worked best for me.

4. Ive got a buddy who ordered a front lowering kit for his 51 Vicky over 5 months ago!! They sent it out 3 times, RIGHT!?!?!?! He still doesnt have it but was billed to his credit card. Hope they straighten it out soon. I really am happy with the products I use from them and got some on my Merc build.

5. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Headhunter here just got springs for his 60 caddy from them, same thing they came from different places but he got them in under a month it seems

6. mikemo

mikemo

Well, this sucks. I ordered a sway bar, for the Shoebox, from them 10 days ago and hadn't seen it yet. Evidently, I shouldn't be holding my breath.

7. flathead4d

flathead4d

I've found them to be very reliable as far a quality goes. Just saw a post on the shoeboxford.com about the sway bar and was told they were on back order but were expected in a couple of days. I think they are just overwhelmed with business right now. I have their super cruise front on my shoebox and love it.

8. They are. Call them between 12 noon and 3 Jim will usally answer. They are not knowen for fast shipping as they are usally working on customer's car and not sitting at an order desk. They do make some real good stuff most of us need.

9. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

They are good guys that will work with you if you have a problem. They just need to hire someone to answer ther phones. Send a PM and they will usually get back with you on the same day. They seem to have lots of vendor problems I waited three months for parts to arrive. The parts are very nice if you are not in a hurry.

10. injunjoes

injunjoes

had no problems with em, odered some stuff a few weeks ago they told me it was on back order but specified a date that it would be there. and it was on time like they said. the first of many purchases thanks to the alliance membership!

11. hottweelz

hottweelz
    from So. Cal

I assure you we are still in business. We to are having trouble from time to time getting parts from our suppliers. What use to take 5-7 day is now taking 15-20+ days sometimes. We do understand the frustration behind this as I too have been waiting on a few parts for my own personal car that I am working on. As for our coil & leaf springs. We do still build them per order. This can take up to 10 business days plus shipping. We will continue to do this to ensure that the coils or leafs your order are built to the specifications of your car. Not some generic off the shelf fit. Thanks for all your support.

12. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

These guys have nice products but it sounds like they don't have a brain in their head when it comes to running a "business". Customer Service is everything to a successful business. Poor Customer Service is a sign of business that can't survive and
    profit. I hope that this feedback is taken by Jamco as constructive. This thread should be a source for positive change
    in business practices.

13. joebuick

joebuick

i just ordered a lowering kit for my falcon they were a bit hard to get a hold of but when i did get a hold of them they were very helpful, the only problem I had was that they sent the wrong order at first but then ate the shipping and knocked some money off. total shipping time with returning the mistake and getting my right parts was a little over a month and the parts are very high quality. I would recomened them to any one and am suprised to hear of these bad experiences.

14. walls

walls

i've used them twice. no problems here.

15. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I just bought a set of the upper control arm mounts for a shoebox and got them in less than a week (matter of fact I got them a week ago today)

16. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

jamco rules ... ive bought coils and shocks for my 55 pontiac and my 49 ford and havent had any problems and now my son want to lower his 54 chevy and we will get it from jamco ...

17. grego31

grego31
    from Sac, CA

**update** I got part of my order, everything but the springs. I am quite pleased with the quality but considering how long I had to wait, I am still upset. No eta for the springs, I did get a call from Jim but no answers as to the where abouts or eta.

18. Sick Six Cylinder

Sick Six Cylinder
    from New Jersey

I ordered springs and a couple other things almost two months ago and haven't heard anything since the day I ordered. My Credit Card was charged and that's the last I heard from them. I'm glad to hear the parts are quality but would love to hear something back so I know what going on. I tried pm-ing on here, facebook, email, and many phone calls that always go to voicemail.

19. bb1970

bb1970

It took over 2 months to get coils I ordered. When I ordered them I was told a week or a week and a half. And they are hard as hell to get on the phone. After a month I called to see what was up. I was told they were having a hard time with the company that produces the coil for them. They would check on it and call me back. No call back. After 2 months I called. Same story, with a promised call back. No call back. But they did show up on my step. I hope they are the right springs. I can only imagine how piss poor a return would be.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  20. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Jamco is awsome! I had a great experience with them. No problems at all!

21. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

JC was good to me also.....maybe he doesn't return calls when needed but be patient it is quality products.

22. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

sounds like they are selling stuff they dont have in there hand,I think I will put up for sale the 3 window I dont have yet

23. lucky53

lucky53

I bought a compete lowering kit for my '53 Chevy from Jamco. They answered the phone the 1st time I called.

My springs came in two different shipments due to the fact rear leafs came from a different vendor than my front coils. And each order is custom made for you.

Good quality products at a fair price.

I would use Jamco again.

24. chevyshack

chevyshack

I need to order my front disk brake kit but i might just wait for the local swap meet in november. By the sounds of it might take that long to get my parts anyways but atleast i get to hold my money till i get the parts.

25. whalejetwrench

whalejetwrench
    from kentucky

I ordered coils for my buick, they responded fast to a question I had prior to ordering, then I ordered, payment posted in my bank account, got invoice in email...but it has been since may 07 2011, they don't answer the phone, or emails now that the money has been taken, I just wanted to follow up on the order since, nothing under their website allows sign in to check on order..nothing under FAQ addresses the concern. I wasn't concerned or in a big hurry to get items, but I as a PAYING customer have every right to have a basic idea where the items I ordered are located or at what stage in the process they may be in whether being built, back ordered..ect..good people and good products they may have, but all I know is that I spent nearly 400.00 for products I haven't received nor have a source to follow up with. if I don't get a response soon I will have no choice but to treat them like any business that agrees to a service or product and doesn't produce. I will report to my bank to follow up and get my money back.

26. 50 Merc 4

50 Merc 4
    from Norway

That`s nothing !
    I ordered parts from them 2 mounths ago for more money than I wish to talk about, full chassis package for my 1950 Merc and finally got an answer after leaving them a message on the answering machine telling them to respond to my questions on the PM here at this forum. Then they answered ! and did nothing about it .
    Will go to the next step here also !

27. walls

walls

I've used jamco twice. Both times the wait was ridiculous. However, I wasn't in a rush and the parts were nice. It worked out for me and I'd order from them again. As long as time wasn't an issue.

28. chevydude#1

chevydude#1
    from louisiana

I too am waiting on parts for over a month. I have only recieved my leaf springs so far. I can wait on quality for sure, but customer service is a must! 5 messages and only one return call over a two week period. To many unanswered calls to count. Problems with suppliers are out of their control for the most part, i agree. If you are gonna sell parts over the internet hire a dedicated, knowledgeable, staff person, that is within their control. I can only imagine the loss of repeat bussiness would cover their salary. lust my two cents, I will give them another shot if I get all my parts soon, cause nobodys perfect!!

29. olosipu

olosipu

Got mine in 3 weeks (this month) but had to follow up. Dont expect a phone call or email returned, best way is to PM them here through the HAMB. He is genuinely nice but obviously overwhelmed with orders or something. I do believe that they, as many spring shops are, made to order, so they take your money then make the springs.

See this post here:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=582781

I definitely would buy again from them, but not if I was in a hurry.

30. dgc15

dgc15

I bought my rear spring kit from them. Took a little longer than I expected, but it came in OK.
    The leaf springs came from St Louis Spring. I think you could just order from them and not have to mess with Jameco.