Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2nd Annual Eagle Field Fresno Dragways Reunion Runway Drags May 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toymaker, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Rocky, the tech guys and I were joking about racing on Judgement day, and nothing catastrophic really happened except for the Strange Bird exploding.

I know now why it never happened though.......

[​IMG]

2. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

i wanted to thank rocky and everybody involved with this event. it could not have been easy with as many people and cars there. i had a blast!! even with my ragged tow truck finding every pot hole on the fwy for 4.5 hours and the starter going out on my bantam sat morning, i wouldn't have missed it for the world. i had been trying to make it since the first one. will not miss the next one. won some and lost some but, had a ball either way.
    all i can say to everybody that wasn't there, if you call yourself a hot rodder, why weren't you there?

ps. thanks carl for the run. i just love your flatty dragster.

3. Neglected Steel

Neglected Steel

here are a few pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MORE TO COME!

4. Great pix! can't wait to see the rest.

5. Here is what I was able to take.........sorry Tim the camera was off on your run........

6. milo1957

milo1957
    from modesto ca

we had an awesome time!! we were there crewing for a buddy!(i was the fat guy in the black shag nasty t-shirt) i had a blast pushing the car in the staging lanes and watching the runs up close! time to get out in the shop and put something together for next may (ill need a year).

7. Once again, the Eagle Field drag races was awesome. Thank You to Rocky and the crew for an exciting day of racing (and all I was doing was sitting and watching). Can't wait for October!

BigMike

8. Man... that's a long 1/8th mile!

Cool!

Sam

9. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Add my thanks for a GREAT time again to the list, Rocky. The way things are looking now, I'll be at Eagle Field in October. :cool:

10. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

We had a fantastic show this weekend here, but this looks like it would have been worth air fare from Nashville.
    Tom S. in Tn.

11. Neglected Steel

Neglected Steel

12. Great pics NS, thanx...................
    what camera do u use

13. Jesus told his deciples and us in the Bible (Matthew24 & 25)that knowbody knows the exact day, or hour of the end of the earth except the Father (God), so anyone who trys to do so is a false prophet and should be corrected. Sorry to hear about your broken crank snout, maybe if you "lay off" the disrespectful images of Christ, things will get better for you. Just a thought.

14. M.Edell

M.Edell

Funny I was thinking..Keep all the Religious stuff to yourselves,,just a thought...

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  15. Neglected Steel

Neglected Steel

Thanks Carl,

I use a Canon Rebel XSi

16. Ok, got it. View attachment Jesus.bmp

17. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Wow, sorry to hurt your feelings. I am myself a Christian, and thought it was funny and not disrespectful. I'm sure the good Lord has a sense of humor as well.

It's also relevant as we were joking about it during the event.

My apologies if that offended anyone else.

BACK TO RACING!!!!

18. milo1957

milo1957
    from modesto ca

please^^^^^

p.s. it was awesome to see the car in person... we were a couple rides back in the lanes for one of the runs!

19. M.Edell

M.Edell

amen! Lol!!!!

20. No sweat brother, just busting your chops a little. I don't know if you've got forged or cast pistons in your nailhead, but you've got to take it apart to fix the crank. If they are cast or beat up old forgings I would like to extend and invitation to build you some update forged pieces at a nice discount, especially if you plan on "turning up the wick." As for the crank, let me know if you need help finding a core, I have lots of contacts in the industry. Sorry to miss the event, hope I can make the next one. Ric.

21. PS. You've done some great fab work on the Falcon, are you thinking about an external snout support next time. Depending on how hard you lean on it in the future, might think about double keywaying the crank while your at it.

22. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

Ok guys, looks like the guys from quartermile productions got thier video feed cleaned up really well! Take a look at what they posted today. Look out for the last run, this is the footage I have been looking for of Rich REALLY getting out of shape in the Turlock Old Car Swap Meet Willys!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhqHJWQA4Og

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  23. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

AAAAHHHHH! I see the Strange Bird made the gag reel. "I hate when that happens"

24. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

I wouldn't worry about it. I look at drag racing as a systematic way of weeding out weak parts, you just found out that this particular crankshaft wasn't up to the job is all!

25. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Its, OK...I laughed.

26. milo1957

milo1957
    from modesto ca

haha...just found a pic of my girlfriend...... she looks good all blurry.. wait.. that came out wrong!! lol

[​IMG]

27. Larry Lava

Larry Lava
    from Pasadena

Yes I was running camera all afternoon from the line...absolutely the best seat in the house! Steve Gonzales ran the camera switching and webcast. We have nearly 6 hours of drag racing footage.
    The webcast went sour due to all the local cell traffic (at least we had audio and images). If we do another webcast I will be seting up my HughesNet portable satellite broadcast system which has nothing to do with the cell system aka smooth streaming.
    I want to thank Rocky (Toymaker) Phillips for the opportunity to present the Eagle Field Drags live online.
    I will be uploading more clips on You Tube and the Eagle Field Fresno Drags Reunion 2011 DVD will be available asap.
    Larry Luna
    Quartermile Productions
    http://www.quartermileproductions.com/index.html

28. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

Sounds good Larry, it's really cool to have all this stuff on film! Thanks again for the coverage and for getting footage posted so fast.

29. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

What they said...Patti and I had a ball! And a BIG Thanks to Old6rodder and HAMBsterLady for sharing the weekend and letting me get two passes in the Barn Job...definitely an Automotive Orgasm! :D

30. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

I just wanted to say thanks for the hard work. It was great for friends back home to see us run. You guys did a very good job, thanks again.