Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Member from Lower Alabama

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by DixieCoyote, May 22, 2011.

1. DixieCoyote

DixieCoyote

Hello everyone! My name's Jessica. I'm 22, and I live in Orange Beach, AL.

Unlike a lot of folks, I was bit by the car bug a bit late in life, mainly after I moved back down south about four years ago. But I've been rabid about it ever since then!

About two years ago I bought my first classic as a daily driver, a rusted out hunk of junk early 72' Torino more-door that I could fiddle around on and learn with. My outward interest is what landed me an apprenticeship at a local restoration and repair shop, at which I've been working for about a year now, and am extremely lucky and grateful to be doing so! :D

While that car has since been sold, I've recently acquired a 62' Thunderbird as my first real restoration project. I was originally planning on leaving with a 37' Ford frame to use as the base for the nostalgia rod I had originally wanted to build, but I fell in love with that car the moment I saw it. In the end, I believe it was a much better deal, however. For $250, I got a car sans a motor(I have since bought a late 62 390 off my boss), an extra deck lid, rear bumper, brand new gas tank, an extra rear chunk, extra front and back glass, and two of pretty much every piece of interior part and trim. I'm currently in the middle of the disassembly process, which is going slower than it should be due to having to buy tools as I go along. After disassembly, it's going to be hauled off to the shop for sand blasting, rust repair, and body work.

[​IMG]

With guidance, I'm going to be doing everything I can on this car by myself, and pretty much every step will be a learning experience(Heck, I just used a cutter for the first time not a month ago!). But I can't learn without diving right into it! :)

See y'all around the boards.

Jessica

2. southgacustoms

southgacustoms

I like those ol' thunderbirds one of the only "other" models I would like to own. Good luck on your project!

3. Diamond N

Diamond N
    from Indiana

Hi...and welcome from Indiana...

4. caletcb

caletcb
    from alabama

hey and welcome from north alabama next time i cruise to the beach ill give u a shout

5. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

welcome from southern Mississippi.

6. Grommet

Grommet
    from South GA

Welcome from GA

Grommet

7. Awesome project, welcome Jessica from south Florida!!

8. 343w

343w

Welcome from middle Bama, cool Bird project, have fun with it. My buddy Nick lives in Gulf Shores, you might have seen his yellow 27 T roadster.

9. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

welcome from utah

10. Judd

Judd

Welcome from Gautier, MS.