Register now to get rid of these ads!

Let's give something back to Joplin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slick50, May 23, 2011.

1. Joplin has given us much in the way of hospitality over the last few years and there's never been a better time to give of ourselves to help those in need.

Dig in kiddies, you might be on the receiving end of a mess like this one day.

Donations can be made online at www.redcross-ozarks.org

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  2. shainerman

shainerman

Im all in on this. Ive already been talking to our locals here about food, clothing, labor help and driving down for a weekend.

3. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

From one of the Fb pages///

4. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Ken,

What you are proposing is wonderful!

Let's not forget the needs and intentions here, though. I don't think any of the victims care if it comes from the HAMB, or elsewhere.

The bottom line is they need help, and the need it NOW. Seems to me, if there is already something in place, let's get the ball rolling.

I'm going to make a $100 donation- are you? Help spread the word about this!

FYI:

If you’d like to help victims of last weekend’s tornadoes, the American Red Cross is accepting donations.

Jane Blocher, executive director of the Douglas County chapter, emphasizes that money is the best answer — not “stuff.” She said donations other than money actually impede disaster relief efforts.

Blocher says this is how to help:

Text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation. A charge will appear on your cell phone bill the following month.

Make an online donation at www.redcross.org

Call the local office with credit card donations. The number is 843-3550.

Mail checks to the local office earmarked Joplin Tornado or Reading Tornado. The address is 2518 Ridge Court.

Trained Red Cross volunteers from Douglas County are on standby for deployment to Reading and Joplin, Mo., Blocher said.

5. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

I just donated to the Red Cross. I am all for a HAMB donation also.

6. Thanks for the info 38FLATTIE.... I am in for $100 also! Sending it right now. I wish there was more I could do. It is heartbreaking. Thoughts and prayers go out to all families affected by this disaster.

7. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

seeing this disaster makes me wish i could just head down for a week to help out.

8. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Hey fellas help is on the way. Fellow HAMBers Ryno, Big Ken and some others are collecting donations/supplies here in Texas, Ok, and some other surrounding areas. They are going to take them staright to Joplin and distribute them dirctly to those who need our help. Please help to spread the word for this grassroots effort. Its our oppurtunity as a community to step up and help out. Someone more "compruta smart" than I am should post the link up to that thread please! The truck leaves thursday so time is limited, Thanks guys..and gals.

Rick

The thread is titled Joplin...HAMB helping hands geteway/BBQ

9. Lucky3

Lucky3

I am in OKC and will to haul to Joplin this weekend. Dually and a 36 ft enclosed race car hauler. If you can get stuff to here, I will get it to Joplin. Let's fill it up !!!
    PM me

10. I'm doing the same out near Tinker AFB. Looking to go up on Sunday.

11. rodhot

rodhot

Whats up guys, I've been in talks with my boss and his boss with the company I work for and we've got a crew ready to head down to help with their water supply. I'm sure they have water main breaks and service line leaks every where and not sure what shape their water treatment plant is in. When you have the water leaks like i'm sure they have, that puts a strain on those guys to try to keep water supply up and safe also. We're going to just try todo what we can to help in any way possible not just on the water but with anything we can do. You guys rock on this site.

12. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Here ya go:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...92#post6581592

13. bigken

bigken

14. pinman 39

pinman 39

Great idea give to the Red Cross and let them do their thing .Its what they do .
    We should all be grateful to them for all efforts everywhere .

15. willymakeit

willymakeit

Im off this week. Can haul items from Springfield Mo. to Joplin or give some help where needed.

16. bigken

bigken