Register now to get rid of these ads!

1954 Buick Lives!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nocoastsaint, May 23, 2011.

1. nocoastsaint

nocoastsaint

-Finally- got it running last week! First two hundred miles have been relatively trouble free.

Attached Files:

2. nocoastsaint

nocoastsaint

1954 Special

Attached Files:

3. eddie_zapien

eddie_zapien

Congrats! It seems the first couple hundred are the best!

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

That doesn't look like Kansas...I see no sunflowers, no dark skies, no rain anywhere.

R-

Buick looks good tho...!!!

5. nocoastsaint

nocoastsaint

Too early for Sunflowers, and we only average ten inches of moisture in our Mountain Time Zone part of the state.

It has been a lot of fun driving it. Been a long, long time coming. Lots of little issues to sort out, but things will get ironed out as they go. Then on to the long and arduous process of body work.

6. 29pu

29pu

looks good.send some of those blue skies our way.rains just alittle too much here.

7. sololobo

sololobo

To damn cool, the 54 Buick is one of the coolest body styles ever. That baby is sitting nice as well. That big toothy smile is the awesome look. Keep it up! I said, Honey, do ya like it low and slow, she said, yeah baby, lets go for another ride!! Yikes!! ~sololobo~

8. robleticia

robleticia

Congrats on getting her fired up!

"the 54 Buick is one of the coolest body styles ever".....Agreed!

9. Congrats, I miss my 54 Buick. What wheels are those?

10. csimonds

csimonds

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it, can't wait to get mine on the road
    Chuck

11. Spidercoupe

Spidercoupe
    from Bevier, MO

I've got one of those out behind my barn. It shows 54000 miles has a three speed manual trans. good patina . was going to build but my grandson has me working on a 43 chevy trk dont know if I will live long enough to do the buick. neat cars though.

12. Congrats! I have to agree with sololobo and say that the '54 Buick is one of the sexiest body styles ever produced. Did you keep the stock nailhead?

Keep it up!

13. Cub8556

Cub8556

Congrats man. Love the '54. Still running the nailhead?

14. fleetbob50

fleetbob50
    from Waco,Texas

how hard were tune up parts and wheel bearings to come by...Just bought a damn straight 1954 oldsmobile and its pretty much the same body frame. Rocket engine is free so should run. brakes should be same also. I need a windshield and my hollander manual says the 54-56 buick windshield will fit, anybody?

15. VIC53

VIC53

54 BUICKS ARE GREAT LOOKING I HAVE A 54 SUPER 4DR BEEN PARKED FOR YEARS ALSO HAVE A 40 BUICK BUS CPE APART FOR THE FIFTH TIME. IF I LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO FINISH EITHER ONE . MY CURRENT BABY IS A 53 FORD VICKY 302 C4 INSIDES ALL WHITE TUCK AND ROLL . OTHER CARS IN OUR HOUSE HOLD 05 CHEVY SSR, 08 SOLSTICE GXP AND 81 CORVETTE 4 SPD . fleetbob50 there is a glass shop in vancover wa that I got my vicky rear window he said they have tons of glass peninsula glaas co 6005 ne 121st ave vancover wa 98682 hope this helps .

16. skoh73

skoh73

Love those Buicks!

17. nocoastsaint

nocoastsaint

Thanks, everybody! No, I am not running the Nailhead. It is seized and was the baby 4.3 Litre anyways. We still have the engine, if it isn't completely destroyed my brother may build a roadster around it. Currently it has a 383 I came up with for cheap. But I have a 402BBC on the engine stand I am putting together which will ultimately go in there.

The wheels are some old Tru-Spoke 80 wire copies.

O'Reilys had the bearings for the front. Pretty exspensive though.
    I need taillamps. I currently have cheap trailer clearance lights.

15 years since my Grandfathers gave me that car. Finally had time and a place to get serious on it.

18. MrEarl

MrEarl

Congrats on getting the Special back on the road. So this was your gramps car eh. Cool. Got any pictures of him and gramma with it, would love to see that.:)
    never heard a 264 referred to as a baby 4.3 litre, huh huh

gotta agree with El Huseo > "that the '54 Buick is one of the sexiest body styles ever produced" Especially the 2 dr ht Roadmasters. The way that french curved roof line just lays on that slab sided belt line, that is just plum sexy ain't it!!!

PM me if you haven't found any tail lights yet, I may have some layin around. ;)

19. ecna

ecna

Glass is the same even between 2 and 4 doors, but you can't mix hardtop and sedan.

20. MrEarl

MrEarl

Here's a link to a good summary of front and rear glass interchange for 54-56 Buick, Olds and Cadillac. While there, check us out and feel free to join us. I'm MrEarl. :)
    http://www.hometownbuick.de/1954/sh...ield-back-glass-interchange&p=18482#post18482

21. norod938

norod938
    from dallas

great looking car! how did you get the car sitting like that? has a awesome stance.

22. sololobo

sololobo

Oh yeah, that baby is grinning at us with that big tooth smile. It is as happy to be on the road again as you kids are. Keep er rollin! ~sololobo~

23. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Good for you !!
    Always a fun time to take it on the first runs...
    Nice car.
    Cheers..............

24. JVK54

JVK54

Nice..Welcome too the club!

25. wombat barf

wombat barf
    from oklahoma

is there any way you can do the body work and not disturb the finish ;)?

honestly, it has the right patina, the right stance and those wheels just work on it!

26. nocoastsaint

nocoastsaint

That has been a point of much debate.

But the body work is on hold currently as the thing decided Friday that it would much rather be ON FIRE than not.

Mostly an underhood affair. Lost the alternator, carberator, distributor, front air suspension and lines, brake lines, one tire, throttle valve cable, various wiring and rubber and anything else under the hood that was consumable.

27. MrEarl

MrEarl

Really sorry to hear about the fire man. :( What started it, electrical or carb?

28. metalix_421

metalix_421

that sucks but on the brighter side did it add to the patina?

29. nocoastsaint

nocoastsaint

I believe the fuel pressure regulator or the carb.

I now put my full support behind the 'have more than a little tiny fire exstinguisher in your car' campaign. And recommend we all practice fire drills and focus on remembering to shut the fuel pump off before trying to put it out.

As to the patina, it didn't add to it in a good way. The blue paint on the lower part of the passenger fender can now be pealed off. I suppose that will make it easier to strip when time come for real paint?

30. nocoastsaint

nocoastsaint

Also, JVK54, really dig your car, man.