Register now to get rid of these ads!

Milwaukee HAMBers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Billa212, May 21, 2011.

1. Billa212

Billa212
    from Milwaukee

I'm moving to Milwaukee. Wondering how the hot rod scene is. Milwaukee HAMBers sound off like you got a pair!

2. Billa212

Billa212
    from Milwaukee

No one on the HAMB lives in or near Milwaukee? Really? I guess the whole hot rod scene will be based on what I like...

3. Gerg

Gerg

eh I am close enough to Milwaukee it counts

4. oldcootnco

oldcootnco

The scene in Beer city should be what ever you want . Ther is also a lot of swapmeets etc.within a tank of gas from the city i.e. Jefferson(spring and fall), Iola the weekend after the Fourth, Pierce park,Appleton and my favorite Symco Shakedown. Welcome to Wi. I hope you enjoy the weather.

5. OHEKK

OHEKK

Welcome!

Look for the Cheaters Car Club on the south side of Milw.

or head west some Wednesday to visit Wednesday Night Classics at Weissgerber's Gasthaus in Waukesha.

Lots of HAMB friendly folks out here.

www.wednesdaynightclassics.com

6. big bad john

big bad john

.....Lots of Hambers in Wisconsin and around Milwaukee.....People are really nice here in the Midwest......Welcome to our state....

7. Been doing the scene here for more years than I'd like to admit. If you look around you can find whatever your into. Traditional and otherwise. Me , I'm just turning into another old fart with cold beer and an ear for a good story. WELCOME.

8. nummie

nummie

and coming from someone who grew up there, if you dont like the weather, just wait 5 minutes, itll change

9. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

hey welcome to wisconsin........lots of us here in milwaukee, The Cheaters and The No Club are in milwaukee, kreepers, hoodlums are alittle south of us in the racine/waterford area. Check out Gus's mexican resturant on weds nites, wheel night at classic slice in bay view will be starting soon. Cheaterama will be at the Nite Owl drive in later this summer, up north in Aug is the symco shakedown. Look me up when you get out here! what part of milwaukee are you moving too?

10. just a little west of milwaukee.......the lone sock fucker club member holding up the northern chapter...hahaah

ya up here yet or not, where ya moving to?
    Get a decent group of guys here drinking my beer in the garage on a regular basis....pm me if ya need a cold one

11. Stay away from the "Sock F#@$rs" they let you drink their beer then they have their way with you!

Really you'll be fine... just watch out for that "look" and you'll be ok!

12. GovernorKC

GovernorKC

I'm in Milwaukee. Bayview. You'll have no problem finding cool shit to do here in the summer.

13. Billa212

Billa212
    from Milwaukee

Sweet! Thanks for the replies, keep em coming. I'll be making tracks from New Orleans this Saturday. My new job is housing me for the first month in Franklin so I'll be looking for a place. Any suggestions on where to live (or to avoid)? I just recently had to sell my project so I'll just have to be a hangaround for a while...

14. side_valve

side_valve
    Alliance Vendor

There's heaps of gearheads in Wis. :)

15. GovernorKC

GovernorKC

Will you be working in Franklin? buying or renting? what do you want to have close by?

I rent a house in Bayview, love the area. Lots of bars, restaurants, shops within walking distance. Right on the lake. Just a mile south of downtown. Most people would say its where the hipsters live. If your a hot rodder I think you'd like it.

16. snelson57

snelson57

Welcome to WI...I am just north of Milwaukee in Port Washington.

Ditto GovKC - I spend alot of time in Bay View and have some properties there - That is where I would be if I was moving to the city. Absolutely cannot beat the bar and food scene there...good people, too.

Had not heard about wheel night at Classic Slice - Anybody have more info on that?

17. snelson57

snelson57

Looks like it is going to be Wednesday nights starting in June...

18. We have hot rod night every tuesday in the Oshkosh/Appleton area. Different place each week.
    Symco sucks, don't go to that show. It's all just a bunch of old iron. They don't even let in muscle cars and tuners. Not to mention there will be Sock F$%^&ers there! Those guys drank all the PBR last year and didn't leave any for anyone else.

The scene in the state is getting much better thanks to some really great people who are involved. It is much better around here than you would think.

19. Welcome!!You can find a car night just about every day of the week around here,plenty of local shows to hit.

20. Billa212

Billa212
    from Milwaukee

I'll be working in South Milwaukee. My wife is staying behind to sell our house in NO and then moving up, so I'll probably be looking to rent :( but I'll be looking for space when I do buy

21. joeyesmen

joeyesmen

One thing you will like about Milwaukee vs. New Orleans is that there is usually a place to park, and the roads are flatter.

Yeah, I used to live in Bay View -- Nite Owl is great. I agree about the bars and restaurants, best area in the city.

Attached Files:

22. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

South Milwaukee!! your right in my neck of the woods! alot of No clubers in so. milwaukee and cudahy...... iam sure youll see us around

23. CheaterRome

CheaterRome
    from URANUS

South Milwaukee is good.

My brother and I have a shop in that area. Even better the south side of Milwaukee particularly the bay view area. It's accommodating and within the easy drive of your job if in so. milw. There is a crap load of fun in the summer with tons of shops and things to do.

Very neighborly.

Many of he Cheaters live in this area or if they don't they wish they did.

Come on up and enjoy the summer and live in the midwest.

There were a lot of transplants from NO after Katrina.

Franklin is a little far from so milw. about 8 miles or so west.
    Hope this helps and welcome.

Jerome

24. Billa212

Billa212
    from Milwaukee

That's great, thanks for the warm welcome...I'll try to hit some of you guys up once I get a little settled

25. damn you guys make me sound like a bad guy....

firepower flyer....
    you make the third New Berlin'er on here...where ya at?

26. BigNick1959

BigNick1959

Theres a lot of Hot Rod stuff going on around the Milwaukee, Racine and Kenosha areas, thats why the homes are so cheap in South East Wisconsin! No one wants to live around these guys!!! Don't forget Great Lakes Drag-a-way down the road in Union Grove.

27. Hey I'm off of HWY I (Lawnsdale) just past New Berlin Redi mix.Shoot me a PM if you live near by.
    Joe

28. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

I was there the other day for a quick in and out. Really nice town. Wish I had seen this thread beforehand; would have tried to touch base with some of you.

29. jjsound

jjsound

Don't talk to Gerg, he'll send you dirty emails. Creepy...

30. Craven Moorhead

Craven Moorhead
    from New Berlin

Milwaukee has it all, some of it outside a few months of the year.