Register now to get rid of these ads!

Robbed in East Dallas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lunchboxlbc, May 19, 2011.

1. Lunchboxlbc

Lunchboxlbc

The other thing that worries me, They saw the Air compressor, 2 Welders, Custom Reining saddle /tack, The 53 and other car parts. I know they are going to try and come back at some point. I have plenty of Guns, two giant dogs, and an alarm... But if I am not there, I am going to be screwed all over again.

2. belair

belair

I hope they wind up as dog food.

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Stealing a mans tools is like stealing a mans way to feed his family...i hope the theifs hang

4. nitrider65

nitrider65

Man that sucks sorry about it .:mad: Ill keep and eye open on the west side of town ..

5. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

The shitty thing is that most of the guys that are stealing this stuff 1st hand are selling it to other dirtbags who know its stolen. I used to work at a shop in east dallas where at least twice a week we would have some asshole come in with a trunk load of tools, or guns, or whatever. The ones who break into houses and take that much are professional dickheads and aren't stupid enough to pawn what they just stole. Its only crackheads that are that dumb. Good luck with it and I hope you get your stuff back, or at least don't get the rest of it stolen! Just another reason I don't live in east dallas anymore though!!!

6. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

and if your garage is detached get an alarm on it!! I dont know about you, but Ive got more $ in my detached garage than in my house!!

7. Elrod

Elrod

8. Lunchboxlbc

Lunchboxlbc

Thanks guys for Keeping an Eye out... The Stainless tool chest on the forth drawer down from the top, had a busted weld seam. There will be a crack when you open that drawer on the left side, and the craftsmen stools I had recovered in black sparkle vinyl.

niceguyede, yeah, but there is crime everywhere. My parents live in really nice development in frisco... they neighborhood has cars boosted out of there every other month it seems like.

Elrod, Thanks for those links. Those aren't mine, but I have been all over craigslist from tulsa down to austin checking things. Nothing has shown up yet.

I think niceguyede is right. This was a professional that isn't going to see this stuff in the public eye.

I also think wrench409, is right. The chances of some of this showing up at Traders Village or even canton is pretty high.

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

what a major drag-lucky you have serial numbers, etc. most people do not have much info with no pictures of what they had. we got robbed last Fall, hit the house only. got nothing back.

10. sorry to hear this...I'm in West Dallas....not the best place either....the stray dogs I took in have helped so far....sure would hate something to happen to them....most of my stuff can be replaced....hope the fools get caught!!!

11. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

You know they will try to come back. Stake-out time. I did it for a week straight at my house and they never came back surprisingly.

I've done some stake-outs in the past for friends with more success (Yes, I know I'm a nerd-but I love vigilante street justice) If I were closer to you, I'd be out there with ya waiting for the rejects to come back..

Hope you nail the mother fuckers.

12. OldsRanch

OldsRanch

Sorry to hear of your loss. Good news is that they arent likely to come back, they'll know you'll be watching.

Had something similar happen to me in 98, all I ever got back was a 2x4 olds intake, and the guy that had it was in no way responsible. Not to mention the statute of limitations is 7 yrs.

Go to harbor freight, get one of those cheapo wireless driveway alarms. Put the receiver in your bedroom. The infrared wildlife camera is a good idea too, take the memory card out, put it in your PC and scan thru the pics whenever it gets near full.

13. APACHE FS

APACHE FS

This really sucks, had the same thing happen to me, they left my truck on the floor with no wheels and stole everything! Bad thing is when you have alot of these tools for years you dont know whats missing till your in the middle of something and go to get a tool you dont have anymore! I still get pissed off everytime I work on something and go to get a simple item I kept stuck back for that one time you need it. Plus with us its alot of thes tools you just cant get easy anymore but were common to our fathers and grandfathers. I know you'll have alot of eyes out there. Fellow Hambers from out of state probably thing we got a bunch of crooks, seems lately everytime TX is included in a post it invovles a theft!
    Sorry to hear about this.

14. davidh73750

davidh73750

I bought a few acres and I want to build a shop soon. I've made good with the neighbors all ready. One wants to put some calves on it and I think I'll let him so Im not cutting all that grass and he'll keep a close eye on the place. I like that he goes to bed and is up at 2:30 am
    Was your place in a neighborhood? outside of town? Whats sad is often the perp that robbed you is someone you know or knows what you have sad to say

15. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Low life scum bags deserve to have their hands chopped off.

16. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Have you thought about leaving one of the dogs in the garage when you leave the house. That way, both places are protected.

17. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

I had my tools stole about 10 years ago. I told the cop that showed up that I suspected a neighbor, because I had 2- 5 drawer Craftsman tool boxes and they were full of tools and a 5- ton floor jack. They stole them right out from under my bedroom as I was sleeping. I asked the cop to check his house and garage, and place of work. He was a body builder and worked at a body shop, and I figured he and his muscle bound friends could carry all that stuff no problem. The cop blew me off, would not call a detective or take fingerprints. I think he thought I did it for the insurance. He thought I should have heard something. They kicked out a window on the side of the garage. I had my s.s. number & name on all my tools and never got a one back. I am surprised that I didn't get my identity stole also.

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

couple years back I took pictures of all my tools. just opened each drawer and took a shot of each one. did my stand alone tools as well. I think I'm going to do an update soon and suggest others might do the same. might not make any difference but it is free and you never know.

anybody with a lot of stuff in a wood framed building really need to reenforce the door jambs and doors with metal to keep the bad guys out. all it takes is a good boot to get into most doors unless you've done something to strengthen the door and jamb.

19. Lunchboxlbc

Lunchboxlbc

Well I just got a call from insurance. They are going to cover everything minus my deductible and minus a box of parts. I guess that is good. I get new doors and door frames. I will be re-enforcing everything with metal right off the bat. I guess it is not a total loss... would really like to get some of old tools back. But I am realistic.

20. Dave50

Dave50

Sorry to hear about this makes a person sick to there stomach.

Why would a person put there SS (social security # ) on there tolls thats not info i would want out there these days. Or dopes ss mean something else?

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not a good idea but you would be surprised and shocked to know how many older people have their full address, drivers license number and soc printed on their checks. Those same people won't use a debit card because "someone" might steal their information.

I'd say that a guys drivers license number would probably be the best to mark tools with although most of mine just have my initials on them.
    Sorry to hear about the break in and theft. Glad to hear that your insurance covered most of it even though a lot of them were worth a lot more as family heirlooms.

22. This is a painful reminder of just how important it is to maintain a list of serial number, model numbers, etc AND lots of pictures. Happy to hear the insurance will come thru, very sorry to hear this even happened, and hopeful that you recover your old tools. I know that one hurts

23. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

Sad to hear. If someone wanted my tools they would have to first clean up the shop to find em. I always thought it would be nice to have one of those fancy organized shops like I see on TV. After reading this I think I will just scatter a few more tools under all the cars crammed in the shop. It takes me 10 minutes to just find the end of my cutting torch and another 10 to unhook it from everything it touches. I bet I could leave a few more cords laying around too. Come to think of it, just the thought of watching some sorry trash thief trying to untangle my crap makes me laugh....just be fore I kill him.

24. FTW666

FTW666

sucks to hear the bad news. i had my home shop broken into also, the only difference is my two akitas were in the shop when they broke the lock open.... SUPRISE MOTHER FUCKER! one guy needed six stiches in his right forearm and the other guy needed ten stitches in his left rear thigh. the dumbasses got picked up at the hospital. good luck to you bro.

25. Lunchboxlbc

Lunchboxlbc

Well I have interesting news. The detective called this morning to tell my they may have found some of my tools in Greenville TX, 1 and 1/2 hours away in a pawn shop!!!! The detective is having photos of everything they think is mine emailed over tomorrow. Fingers crossed some of the old tools are in the photos.

26. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Keep us posted would be nice if you got some of your stuff back anyways.

27. Kill the fuckers, that's what I say.

28. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

great about insurance, even better about the pawn shop.
    Hope you get at least the opld stuff back, and ge to beatthe fukers.

29. The no good, thievn, sons a bitches. Just the stress and time wasted will wear ya out, even if ya get stuff back or covered by ins!

30. I had a similer experance make a list and contact all the pawn shops in your area.
    Thats how they caught the guy.