Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steele In Motion North Carolina

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seadog, May 21, 2011.

1. second_floor_loft

second_floor_loft

Just got back.... Really nice day at the track. Good group of cars and super nice folks putting on the event. Very well organized. Nice to go somewhere where the corporate types haven't taken over. Hope they put it on again next year

2. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

great pics ,thanks

3. fastair

fastair

Great show today. Very low key, friendly people and some really unique cars. Hope this is the start of a long run, and thanks for the pics.

4. dudley32

dudley32

Nice pics...thanks

5. hotdamn

hotdamn

A HUGE thanks to the Gear Goyles for putting on such a rad show, us Iron Lords had a blast and graciously appreciate the warm welcome:D

see you guys soon!

6. The Geargoyles put on an excellent show. Many thanks.

Also, thanks to the guys from the Iron Lords and the others that helped me out when I broke down. I owe you guys, really. My rear brakes locked up and they got so hot that the rubber caps on the wheel cylinder melted. Had to cut and crimp the rear line and drive the rest of the way on front brakes only. Then, while I was sitting there, my brand new tire (on the car less than 24 hours) decided to blow out. If it wasn't for these great guys help, I would've been stuck 65 miles from home. Thanks guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Had every intention of going, family stuff took much longer than expected. DAMMIT!

8. customs by jason

customs by jason

thanks for the sildeshow very cool wish i could have made it had to work about real close to calling n sick but needed the money real bad hope to make it next year so thanks again for the pic

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Great time had by all!!! Thank you thank you thank you to the Geargoyals for such a rad show. I had a great time as well as the rest of the Iron Lords & Co.

One of my highlights?
    Riding Shotgun in this beast while Josh hammered through the gears. I'm pretty sure I was screaming like a girl I was so scared.
    [​IMG]

Thanks so much for for the slideshow. Those are some great pics!

10. DirtyEd

DirtyEd
    from Dallas Ga.

Killer pics.I hope to make up there next year

11. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Seadog after looking at your pics I think I was standing next to ya up by the staging lanes cause one or two of the pic I took are close to yours. Ya took some great shots thanks for posting them.

12. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Thanks for posting the pics! Looks like I picked the wrong day to work instead of play
    Liked the shot of Josh and Carey lined up side by side...Really hate I missed that. Lots of other nice rides too.

13. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

14. Shawn M

Shawn M

Thanks Geargoyles for a great show, we had a great time! THANKS GUYS!!!

15. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

I posted these on the other thread but figured I would throw them up here too. Thanks again to the geargoyles for a great event and the iron lords for letting me tag along. Over 200 miles and not a single hiccup out of the car.

Heres a few pictures

riding down
    [​IMG]
    My little 62 in a sea of cool 50s customs.
    [​IMG]

Really nice 32
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This 39 and its owner were the real deal.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the other cars ran and hid when the can o worms showed up. Bad ass
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Man, what a blast!!

Josh (Tudor) let me drive his '32 down the track. He said to "run this fucker" and that's what I did. Not just once but twice. That car is unfuckinbelievable!!!

Josh, it was a true honor for you to trust me enough to "run that fucker". It means alot man. Thanks. Seriously, Thanks.

Also, the Iron lords and all our friends had a great drive in from Concord. Even with the mishap with the brake thing it still was fun. Our friends make us what we are.

Thanks alot Curtis and the Geargoyles for such a great event. Great location and big thanks to the track owner also.

BloodyKnuckles
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

17. disorderlysaint

disorderlysaint

Man what a blast. Over 300 hundred miles without a hitch. Geargoyles- you guys put on a hell of a good show. Nice meetin a bunch o you people. Even if i cant remember your names, hahaha.

18. drunkandgreasy

drunkandgreasy
    from nunya

I had a blast as well. Very low key drag strip...nice for a change. Glad to have met you Ron, Keep that rod running real man.

Those Hard Knox guys are a good bunch as well, enjoyed running my moto against them, and its cool that they brought their kids down to enjoy it as well. LOT of cool cars, that 55 chevy was out of this world and the white GTO and gold chevy II were killin it, made for some good racing!!

That old guy rollin that truck was nuts, but kudos to him, I hope im still throttling it as hard when I get his age.

Thanks to the volunteers for all and the geargoyles for putting it on. Ill be back next year.

But Im gonna find that kid that was buzzin around on that 50cc at 5 am and cut his plug wire!! :)

Great fun.

Cheers and beers
    Hodge

19. Great shots seadog! Had a blast. Great event. There were a ton of really cool cars. That black 38 Chev looked and sounded the part. Awesome ride

20. Hey man! ya did good :D It was crazy to be a passenger for sure. Had to try and see what ol jeffrey was so worried about :D. I think we coulda had that gasser for the last race if we would have got some bite off the line. May need to try some slicks

21. No. Maybe I need to comprehend what is being taught to me. Your car hooks up just fine with you driving.

Did you enjoy the ride? I know I sure did.

Thanks again my man. I owe you one.

BloodyKnuckles

22. coop31

coop31

Great show yesterday with that old school feeling! Thanks to the Iron Lords for letting me hang with them. Great bunch of guys with a really cool scene going on. Jeffrey - thanks for bring t-shirts to sell. I will wear it proudly. My son and I drove six hours round trip with no trouble but a sunburn. I hope you do it again next year. Thanks for the pictures of my '32. It's been a work in progress.

23. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

i saw this car at the first billet proof fl. that can of worms has turned in to a can of bad ass!!!! [​IMG]

24. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

heres some pics from 09' i love the acme gap closer [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

25. TUCKERBOY

TUCKERBOY

Thanks for the pics seadog , hope u don't mind I used the one of my corvair,if so let me know and I will remove it

26. Not al all. 'Interesting ride, 'don't know that I've ever seen a 'vair with an inline 6 up front. Tell us more about it.

27. We had a great trip down with the Iron Lords and a blast at the show. Thanks for putting on a great show, Can't wait till next year!

28. Smokey2

Smokey2

Soooooo Sorry, I MISSED IT ! I new IT was Gonna' be "RIGHT ! "
    Wood have loved to have MET some of yooose Guys, But glad you ALL had'a GREAT TIME !!
    I ran a "White '57 Chevy" there and at old Hudson Strip, as Well, as Greer, SC, an Asheville, of course ! Nostalgic, IS WHERE IT'S AT !

My '53, is still in West BG VA.,
    Sandin' Primin', Sandin', And, and, and Primin'.........Few more weeks, an it'll come home,........Can't wait !
    THEN !, the '54........Chop, Chop, little feller, Yeow !

I've figgered out, I can get 1.5 mpg MORE !, by NOT sitting at Red Lights.........or, Stoppin' for "Stop Signs !!!!
    Is that Great ?, or What ?? Smoked up ! ;);)

29. Oh, I forgot to say thank you to Seadog. Great coverage man. I appreciate the pics.

Thanks man.

BloodyKnuckles