Register now to get rid of these ads!

VLV Car Show...how was it really?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 68Caddy, May 21, 2011.

1. 68Caddy

68Caddy

I missed VLV this year. It is one of my all time favorite events. I have heard a lot of mixed opinions about the car show, let me know how it was. Please be honest but , lets not beat up on anyone here.:D

2. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Yes I am am interested to hear how it went I had some mixed reviews

3. 68Caddy

68Caddy

4. Kerry67

Kerry67

I think it was a great show....Take it for what it was. Is every car there killer ? Nope....but it was a blast and I enjoyed the hell out of it again. I have noticed that you could put an absolute perfect car show but if it is under the VLV name, people are going to slag it unfortunately.

Axle does a killer job....

5. mastadon

mastadon

It was our first time for the event and we had a great time,the vendors were outstanding but the amount of cars was small in comparison to LSR.Would I go back,absoluty after all it's VEGAS baby.

6. 68Caddy

68Caddy

Thanks for posting that. I agree people do tend to bitch about VLV, like no other show. I"ve been there 3 times and I was always impressed not only with the cars that came from Huff or Masterson but also with the home made stuff. Some of the koolest shit comes out of the back yards and sheds of the passionate do it your self motorheads.

7. vegas

vegas

I had a great time at VLV, and enjoyed the majority of the cars there, and the experience overall. I look forward to it next year. I thought it was a great show, and everything was run smoothly from what I saw.

8. Kerry67

Kerry67

Right....Too many people let the way Rockabilly people dress bother them to much to be able to enjoy a show like this. To me, that is part of the appeal of Viva.....I love the crowd, the music, meeting people, the vendors and obviously most of all, the car show. I'll never miss it....

9. TaylorCrawford

TaylorCrawford

It was.....eh. Last year was my first time going. Thsi year wasnt as good...

10. 68Caddy

68Caddy

me too ! Its like the Rockabilly Mecca. haha, the center of the Rockabilly universe. It is all about the total experience. I love it, Tom Ingram does a great job, my kids have been there and were dissapointed we didnt go this year.

11. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

It was my first time there and I loved it!! I'm from Iowa,and build streetrods,basic stuff and it was really cool to see the rockabilly stuff! And the music, dress and clothes and life style was really cool too. I loved the way the ladys looked. I'm into the 40&50 look and pinups but you don't see it here to much.Would go back again but would book early to stay at the Orleans and get the full ticket to. They where sold out of the $95 one had to settle for the $45 one.:( Also we thought it was on Thursday,but Fri. was OK, Sat.was the big day. Still it is Vegas Baby.Cool stuff and can't wait for it to come to the midwest.Just my thoughts. Thanks;)

12. 68Caddy

68Caddy

Vegas Baby!

13. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

too many vendors..i liked Viva when it was only a car show..a few vendors, no bands, no entrance fee, and @ the Gold Coast..i still had a good time..jerry lee lewis was cool to watch, and some nice cars..