Register now to get rid of these ads!

father/daughter first car project 62 Falcon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low springs, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Sakke

Sakke
    from Finland

A GREAT thread!!

2. woodbox

woodbox

Subscribed! I have a 13 yr old daughter and she is keen do do something liks this too!

3. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

wow! you guys are bad ass!!!!

4. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

Cool job and nice work on the hiding gas cap prob save her some money in lost fuel..lol pretty hard to steal your gas when they cant find the cap
    has she decided on what colour yet

5. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Saw a neat ides for Falcon tail lights the other day. Looked to be stainless steel mixing bowls inserted in the holes with a 59 Caddy bullet lens centered in the bowl.

When lite up the entire bowl was a reflected light from the lens.

6. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

be proud of that girl dad , she done good and so have you!

7. Hellbomb

Hellbomb
    from DC

That is awesome. I had no idea the lines were that cool. Those skills are like superpowers. I am almost 50 and can't weld.

8. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

it's looking great!

9. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

Awesome build thread. These are the ones I come here to see.

10. How the hell did I miss this? Awesome work Dante, your daughter is a credit to you, and looks like she knows exactly what she wants from her life. Keep it up!

11. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

you are a great dad! very cool.

Is there a sale on Lamborginis I am not aware of?? Some sick cars in that shop.

12. FONZI

FONZI

Super rad Dante!!

13. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Great story.

14. zomb1e

zomb1e

hurry up and FINISH IT!!!! lmao

i love it!!!

15. Awesome thread, great story - family is everything, great build and some awesome eye candy in the back ground. Not sure where to look in each picture - the Falcon or whats lurking behind,...

Just about fell off my chair over that F40 early on,..

Cant wait to see what colour she decides on!

16. 54fierro

54fierro
    from san diego

nice, can't wait to see it in paint. have you guys decided on a color?

Ive seen some black one's with red interior that look really good. Cesar

17. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

thanx guys... no she hasn't decided on a color yet. needs to happen real soon though.

18. The Falcon is coming along nicely. It'll be nice when the color is picked and it all comes together.

19. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Dude that car is turning out great. You're both lucky to have eachother. Props to you on your daddy skills. Props to her for not only wanting it, but for earning it. Amazing

20. Deadbird

Deadbird

This Falcon is sweet. Really anxious to see the final color choice. The details on this are amazing. Very tastefully done!

21. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

That's real Bitchin Buddy. I gave my daughter a '62 like yours for her 16th birthday, hoping we'd do pretty much the same. Turns out all she wants to do is point at it and say, "I want this", and "Make it this way". It's kinda' low on my Totem Pole.
    [​IMG]

22. I had the pleasure of a father and daughter build. My daughter known on the hamb Action Girl did a 51 Chevy sedan. Mustang front,327, turbo and 57 rear. She has been driving the wheels off of it. It was at the Jalopy Showdown last week. Her and I are getting ready to install 54 Merc taillights when she gets back from the Ink and Iron show next week. She will be heavaly involved. Who needs sons ?

23. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

Father / daughter projects are great.Keep up the good work there Dad.

24. kisam

kisam

Boy that brought back some memories of my Dad and I. I hope all the other HAMB Dad's are paying attention to you. My Dad is still my hero!

Hope I get to meet you and your daughter someday!

25. Motornoggin1

Motornoggin1

This is so dang cool! You're a good guy and she's a great young lady. Good going and please keep up with the updates, thoroughly enjoyable!

26. Doctor Destroyer

Doctor Destroyer
    from Orange, CA

This is so fantastic! It's exactly what our all girls club the GASOLINE GIRLS is all about: knowing your car inside and out, getting your hands greasy, and LEARNING. How cool to get to do this with her dad!! We're in SOCal, so if she wants to come hang with us, we'd love to have her! We do wrench nights on each others cars, have monthly meetings, go to car shows... and support each other in the learning process. Also... one of our members teaches a monthly FREE seminar at El Camino College in Torrance called "Girls in the Garage." Next one is June 4th and the topic will be upholstery. If she's interested in any of this, have her get in touch with us! www.gasolinegirls.com Can't wait to see the final result!!

27. sololobo

sololobo

All about it, this is so cool. Great car for a thrifty driver and a fun car. I love my fFord six in my Ranch wagon, swapping to a v/8 thoughts are very fleeting. Really nice work you guys did, really clean and tasty. Enjoy, you go girl!! ~sololobo~

Attached Files:

28. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

thanx everyone for the kind words. we're both excited to finally get to this stage.

We're both aware of Gasoline Girls & Black Widows C.C your both on my FB friends list.

we have big plans to drive the Falcon to the Lone Star Roundup 2012. she'll drive and i called shotgun.

Boeing Bomber... this are such an easy and fun car to work on. glad to hear that you guys have a family project.

29. Deadbird

Deadbird

Now Jesse and I have a goal! :cool: We've been talking about the Roundup for years. Seems like 2012 would be as good a time as any to get down there. Sure would be cool to get the two Falcons and the father daughter, father son builders together. Our ride won't be nearly as pretty as yours. Should be roadworthy at least.

30. Blown 61

Blown 61

Wow, cool thread.