Register now to get rid of these ads!

father/daughter first car project 62 Falcon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low springs, Aug 29, 2010.

1. robertsregal

robertsregal

Awesome!!! what a lucky father & daughter to work together. Great Project!!

2. GoBettie

GoBettie

I know too well what you mean! Filling up my 62 Ranchero is always frustrating and who wants to spill gas nowadays especially!:mad:

3. grey46

grey46

All I can say is Most Excellent ,you both should be very proud of the car and even more so of each other.

4. MissPrint

MissPrint

Absolutely lovin' it! This is what I love to see on the HAMB! :cool:

Please tell your daughter, from another "car chick," that I really admire her (and you) for all the work she's doing -- and that the pay-off of doing the work herself is absolutely priceless. No greater sense of accomplishment, no matter how small the job, in doing it yourself.

I was lucky enough to have an uncle who passed on his knowledge, and who, even though he has passed away, continues to inspire me everytime I work on and drive my own car. My Dad wasn't a car guy, but I've been really blessed over the past couple of years; my passion for my car has gotten him into the garage with me, and that time together, grinding away at old paint and rust has been some of the best time I've ever gotten to spend with him.

Unfortunately, I grew up at a time when it was considered "too dangerous" for girls to be in Shop Classes :rolleyes: (of course, "Home Ec" was "acceptable" despite the fact that we worked with industrial sewing machines, stoves, knives, etc. :rolleyes:). I'm both jealous of your daughter, for learning such valuable skills at such a young age, and proud as hell, of both of you, and so pleased that the torch is (literally) being passed on to a young woman of her caliber.

You both rule.:cool:

5. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

this is cool! love the pic on the falcon, lambo, and the ferrari

6. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautiful! Subscribed. Go, girl, Go!

7. Motorhead Extraordinaire

Motorhead Extraordinaire
    Alliance Vendor

What a great project!!

Nothing like the love....

8. 54fierro

54fierro
    from san diego

I cant believe i missed this thread, you've obviously done a great job raising your daughter and teaching her right. She's gonna enjoy that falcon even more knowing she had a hand in the build.

You're a blessed man Dante.
    Cesar

So, is she going to be running straight pipes on that six? : )

9. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

thanx guys & gals. we're almost there. we're at the hardest part of the build, picking a color. she keeps changing her mind and i keep showing her new color chips. haha

no straight pipes Cesar. not sure how it would sound on a Ford inline. their sweet on a Chevy 235 though.

10. brandonwillis

brandonwillis
    from Tucson AZ

your a good dad man, i wish my dad was into cars woulda been bad ass to do something like this at age 16

11. GoBettie

GoBettie

Picking a color is hard.. I'm thinking of changing the color on my Ranchero soon and don't have a clue. Good luck!

12. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

That is cool that you get to work on a project with your daughter. My boy is 7 and I hope someday I get to do the same with him. Very cool.

13. 29ToyA

29ToyA

That is so very cool! I can't what until I get to a build with my little girl.

14. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

15. jt7282

jt7282
    from Midland Tx

That is super cool. great progress I look forward to seeing more pics

16. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

Now that's quality time. Mine's 11 and I would love to do something similar for her.

17. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

Still lovin' this. Keep it up.

18. Deadbird

Deadbird

Cool project. I looked at this several months back but lost track of it. Subscribed now.

19. voodoo1

voodoo1

Beautiful! And I love the amount of chicks, girls, women that are on the HAMB!

20. 1955fairlane

1955fairlane

VERY COOL!! She's a LUCKY gal!! I wish I would've had this experience with my Father, but he passed when I was a baby. But I've learned a lot on my own and think he would be proud ;-) Have your daughter check out our Car Club: Black Widows Car Club - Los Angeles. She can find us on Facebook or Myspace.

21. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awwww c'mon Dad!! Wheres the 302??

Very cool, its great to see some of the worlds young headed in the right direction. Keep up the good work!!

Doc.

22. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

WOW Dante, I can't believe I missed this thread!! Great story and great build.
    Very cool.

23. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

thanx so much everyone...... body work the last fender (driver). then final block sand. everything has been primered for awhile. so that should help on there being shrinkage.

summer is here and she wants to cruise.

24. big creep

big creep

hey more picture! i need updates!

25. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

alright folks we reached the time for final block sanding.

can you see the excitement here? haha

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the gap was to tight so i ground down the edge to make a much nicer gap. then i had to weld the edge up since it split.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i forgot to take a pic of the finished roof. it's all blocked and ready for paint.

Icufltrn likes this.
  26. big creep

big creep

nice coming along really straight! did she cut the dreads?

27. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I covet your shop. This thing is coming along nicely, you two keep up the good work.

28. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Love it! And what you are doing to the Falcon and the fact its a father daughter project...

My oldest daughter turns 16 in about 3wks. A few months ago we started a father daughter project a 1966 F250 Ranger a Ultra Rare Truck. (factory bucket seats) She helped me re-do underhood with fresh engine, going through all the mechanicals and getting it road ready prior to paint. When we were mid way our house sold after 5yrs of trying. We got to the point where she was able to take it for a spin up and down our private road and then it was time to move out of shop/ house. The project now sits in storage while we prepare for the HUGE move to PHX area.

I will be following this build and waiting for completion. Good luck to her!
    What happened to the Boss 302 1/4?

29. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

hope you get back in the garage with your kid soon. best time is being spent with them.

he got bumped at the race track. that car is used not just stored away.

30. shadams

shadams

Just went through this whole thread, how frickin cool. My dad has alwys been into carpentry, as well as my father in law, so when it comes to car stuff I am pretty much stuck doing it myself. We have worked together a ton building stuff and it was great, keep it up...