Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ode to the 2 Door Wagon...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Nov 11, 2010.

1. frank spittle

frank spittle

Thank God for pictures. This is the first car I spent a lot of money on. The first picture is when I bought it in 1966 and it had the original black and white paint. Nomads were just starting to get popular. I had it painted in Black Lacquer, put a 327 engine in, had it upholstered in Diamond & Tuck Red Metalflake Naugahyde, M/T Rader wheels with Red Line Polyester Tires and if you look on the front seat you will see an 8-Track tape carrying case. It was such new technology that Lear Jet had the only ones (I believe). Bill Lear invented the 8 track player for his jets. I have not seen a Lear Jet 8 track player in 30 years.

I still had it when I got married in '69. I sold it but still have the wife. I know where she is but sure would like to know where the Nomad is.

Attached Files:

2. hupster

hupster
    from california

I'm another sucker for the wagons. I did a '56 Nomad 30 some years ago and presently trying to finish my '51 Ford.

Attached Files:

3. Time for a little Australian content.... ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is the little critter in it's natural state.....
    [​IMG]

4. Anyone know if ya could convert a 4 door 55 chevy wagon to a 2 door similar to what that guy did on a std 4 door tri-five?

5. bob3757

bob3757
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tigard, Or

Here's my "54 Plymouth wagon that I just finished. Search for "chopped "54 Plymouth wagon" for more pictures. Bob

Attached Files:

6. fast59desoto

fast59desoto
    from upstate ny

heres mine 57 dodge suburban d500

Attached Files:

7. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Dunno if its right but Comets are sweet cars, never seen a 2door wagon so i guess it is right.
    Love me some mid size 60s steel.

This one w/ some nice rolling stock and a few period details would be above bad ass.

Hell yeah! is it the picture or its rolling on blackwalls?
    Anyway, parted out!!!! what a sin.

Fuckin Raders and redlines.....HEll yeah!
    If this had juice as the above one it would have been the king of the blvd.
    The red zodiac upholstery is awesome.

8. 20th Century Chevy

20th Century Chevy

Here's mine.....It's a little OT with it's pro-street setup.....355 sbc, t-ram, 4-speed, and 5:13's. Fun car to drive.

Attached Files:

9. spasecadet

spasecadet
    from PDX

Sweet! I used to have a couple 1800E coupes. Kinda wish I hadn't sold the last one. Oh well.

~Spasecadet

10. spasecadet

spasecadet
    from PDX

Paperdog, that is possibly a Canadian Pontiac. There were a number of Canadian Pontiac models that were USA chevy bodies with USA Pontiac front end sheet metal on them.

11. wagons=family=no rear door for the kids to open and fall out. No seat belts then.

12. kenymac

kenymac

Here are a just few that I've had over the years. I still wish I had the 57 210 back!!! The one that got away!!! I've had many others and alot of 4 door wagons both chevy and fords. But the 57 was the best ever!!

Attached Files:

13. koolkemp

koolkemp

They didnt have US Pontiac front sheetmetal the were Canadian only front clips due to the shorter wheelbase of the Canuck frames, if you look at a Canadian 55 for example the front wheel opening looks like a 55 Chevy, not the rounded opening on the US models.

14. As for a 2dr wagons Im down to these two. I want to keep the Chevy. I have a 327 4 speed & a 9 inch rear for it. The Ford has a 262 six and a three speed. The ford is for sale $2000.oo. OldWolf

Attached Files:

15. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Cool Rig....
    Cheers,
    Meant the Chevy on first page....

16. AllenK

AllenK

17. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

my kids next project...

[​IMG]

18. I've got 3 Wagons and two of them are 2 doors!

My '53 Ranch Wagon:
    [​IMG]

My '62 Falcon:
    [​IMG]

19. Ramblur

Ramblur

As seen on our trip to Viva Las Vegas in a junkyard between Kingman and
    Vegas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Their still out there...

20. outlaw256

outlaw256

guys, i have a 56 wagon that i bought as a project. is is a 4 dr that has been turned in to a 2 dr. the drs are suicide and the back dr has been weld in to a 1 piece.drip rails are being replaced with round stok. floors are perfect. firewall has been filled in. if you need a hole on the firewall youll have to put it there.it does have surface rust all over it. it needs to been soda blasted. and also needs some welding finished. but overall a real good start. who wants to take this thing home with them?ive been reading this thread and just now realized i wont ever be able to do this car justice.someone please save this car.if your interested i can have wife get some pics up here or email them. ken

21. Here's one for sale locally for $1500. I'm thinking about it - he started about a year ago at $3500!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. 50ChevyFrank

50ChevyFrank

We've all had some coulda', woulda', shoulda' moments. Mine was right as I was turning 16 and getting my license. The florist shop in the town where I went to high school had a '55 Chevy 2-door wagon/delivery (with metals sides, no windows). One front bench seat. Plain, basic, 6-stick, rust free, low miles - for sale... and me with not much money. I can't count all the cool, old cars that I could have bought for $250 or less - and didn't have it. Don't you just hate that? Oh, well.
    Some cool 2-door wagon pics!!
    What was that black 57 Chevy 2-door sedan-to-wagon conversion (with the high roof)??

23. juhap

juhap
    from Finland

Here is mine... Borgward Isabella Kombi as "woodie"

[​IMG]

24. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

Can I play too, here's my 51.. 2 door Savoy wagon. Walter P. Chrysler had this woodie done for an estate wagon for his home in Hawaii where he took all his kids and family and pregnant house keeper in the winter months so they could surf, it was built as an experement to see if the public would buy a 2 door woodie as they had only built 4 door woodie's up till then, but as every one knows all external woodie wagon production stoped in 1951 so this is the only one built and is extremely rare and worth a lot of money, when he died he left this to his house keeper so that every time she looked at the car she would remember him and his woodie.... and all this is a bunch of BS.........:D 001.jpg

25. pontiac cruiser

pontiac cruiser

Here is a picture of my 2 door wagon.

Attached Files:

26. ratster

ratster

greazie hubcapz bt merc wagon

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  27. koolkemp

koolkemp

I remember seeing that on Kijiji while surfing...go for it! rare car!

28. ^^^I'm still considering it. It's even got the original V8 and 3 on the tree!^^^

29. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

All of the Pontiac wagons had the Chevy-like quarters and taillights with the exception of the Custom Safari (Nomad-style) wagon. It was like that in '56 as well.

30. spasecadet

spasecadet
    from PDX

I obviously should have looked a bit closer. :eek:

Based on what I had read before, (else where, not this thread) I was under the impression the Canadian Pontiacs were built on USA 6 cylinder frames. Is that accurate and is that what you mean by 'shorter Canuck frames'?

Is all this documented somewhere? Or is does one have to figure it out as you go?