Register now to get rid of these ads!

Eddie Meyer 2x2 intake question???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dsiddons, May 20, 2011.

1. dsiddons

dsiddons
    from Indiana

Thinking about running the Eddie Meyer 2x2 intake for 49-53 Flathead. Wondering if anyone has any feedback??? Any problems or suggestions please.

2. What carbs are you planning on running would also help. Most issues are from the carbs and fuel pressure and not the intake just my .02

3. I would like to hear some feedback also.

4. RUDOG

RUDOG

I'm running 2x stromberg 97's on a 2 piece high rise Eddie Meyer Intake. It runs Great!! no problems here. I high temp gasket siliconed the 3 down tubes & then tightened them down w/ some stainless steel allen button head bolts w/ some anti seize on threads. Those paper Eddie Meyer gaskets are hard to find. 2 types of intakes can be found & bought from what I've learned. Speedway's Eddie Meyer Intake has a oil fill tube hole at an angle in front. The Don Orosco's Eddie Meyer Intake has NO oil fill tube hole.

5. nzhotrod

nzhotrod
    from Auckland

I'm running a repro Eddie Meyer intake for the 8BA (ex Speedway Motors) on my 99T (milspec) flathead with 2 x Stromberg 81s running stock jets and dialed in with a Uni-Syn. Cam is the factory stock 5T and compression is stock at 5.5:1 from stock heads. Ignition is Mallory electronic. The result is good torque, driveability and mileage and it pulls a 3.54 gear no sweat... ....oh and also had it checked by tailpipe analyser and it passed that too!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2011