Register now to get rid of these ads!

Still out doin' an honest days work......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jim galli, May 20, 2011.

1. jim galli

jim galli

[​IMG]

Mama's VW breaks down so of course she has to go to Reno in the modern pickup which leaves the '39 to drag the bones home. Don't let that emblem on the hood fool you though. She's got 95, not 85.

Post y'ur antique vehicles, workin', not playin.

2. hauling a bed to the blasters.

Attached Files:

3. Always have a place in my heart for the 38-39 P/U. Nice picture, thanks.

4. jim galli

jim galli

That's what I'm talking about...

Thanks.

5. My '38 has some work in the morning hauling off the trash, taking some junk to the scrap metal place, and picking up some parts at the junkyard. I've got a sign I put on Henrietta at the cruise-ins: "Feel free to touch. You can't hurt this old truck. Henrietta is a truck, she knows she's a truck, and she has no delusions of being or becoming a show car."

6. flamingokid

flamingokid

A couple of years ago a Mitsubishi Eclipse picked a race with my '50.I'd never really ran it like that before,but I ended up kickin' his ass.A cop comes out of nowhere and pulls him over,letting me go.I guess he liked Lead Sleds.

7. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

1942 Dodge. Hauling scrap.

13000 gross this day.

[​IMG]

Not quite as heavy. 8000 gross.

[​IMG]

8. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

Shit, I wish I had a pic of my '64 international B160 2ton grain & water truck. Still going strong, 45 years of abuse later. Ill snap a pic later and update this thread.

9. Love them old work trucks. I remember when I was a lil guy around 79-82 and our neighbor had this really old Mack diesel truck. I remember watching it drive away every morning and thinking how it just looked so damn tough. I don't any details of the truck as it is long gone as is that neighbor, but I remember just staring at that big blue beast for hours it seemed and dreaming of driving it around town. Good memories right there.

10. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is a great picture:D

11. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I wish I had a old truck that I could still use as a truck,my 37 Chevy is now too nice to haul anything now so maybe its time to buy another.

12. What a cool thread. My O/T '72 Fairmont is my only driver since '87, the aussie muscle car dudes want it, but I jus' keep on truckin' it with the ugly roof carry rack & tow bar. 2 barrel single pipe V8. Quiet, you don't hear it. Parked outside, oiled paint, car is the answer to my prayers, I've had it 24 years, all go no show, my ol' Ford 8 has steel soul.

13. Mart

Mart

I used my '58 GMC a lot when re-doing my Garage. Here it is with a load of steel for supporting the roof.

[​IMG]

I put my little trailer on the back to keep people away from the long overhang.

Mart.

14. Jimm56

Jimm56

I wish I had a picture of my O/T "82 Z-28 with the roof rack on it, loaded with 10' 4x4s and 4x8 plywood, or the 10' corrougated fiberglas siding I hauled home from the lumber yard when I built my wife's greenhouse. They're just CARS!

15. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Daily driver hauling trash to the burn pile in the woods.

Attached Files:

16. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

[​IMG]

i used my truck to go pick up a fresh sand blasted 54 chevy frame.

17. Dave K

Dave K

Getting to use my old truck is the only good part of going to the dump.

Attached Files:

• Work.jpg
      Work.jpg
      File size:
      102.3 KB
      Views:
  18. flynstone

flynstone

both my 52's.... workin flatbed is 6 volt and all stock, flathead v8 with merc heads only 48k orig miles........the other one is all camero v6, 200r, sub frame, rear end....12 volt oh yea the boat is a 61 trailorboat with a 59 golden jubilee 35 motor

Attached Files: