Register now to get rid of these ads!

Robbed in East Dallas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lunchboxlbc, May 19, 2011.

1. Lunchboxlbc

Lunchboxlbc

I know there are fellow HAMBers that are over in our area. Just wanted to give a heads up. My home shop got robbed. They busted down a door with 3 dead bolts and took everything. Even rolled out my tool chest. Waiting on the cops to show up. Hope you guys are locking everything up tight!!!

Cops just got here. Will fill in details later.

2. Lunchboxlbc

Lunchboxlbc

They did leave the car!!! I just don't have a way to work on it now. LOL

3. Fenders

Fenders

I'm to far away to help, but list parts and descriptions, may show up at local fleamarkets or on CL.
    Time to take the wheels off our tool chests?

4. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Man that sucks!!!

5. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Let us know what they got I will keep a look out!

6. chaddilac

chaddilac

Maybe we should take up a collection?

What's your paypal... I'm good for a $20 to help out!!! :)

7. d.reese

d.reese
    BANNED

I got tons of friends in east Dallas. Give a list, I will pass it on for them to be on the look out. Where are u located (send PM), I need to know if any of my friends are close and might of seen anything???

8. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Im right outside East Dallas let us know what to keep an eye out for...Im down to help you out however I can..

Rick

9. adidasink

adidasink
    from Denton, TX

I am up in Denton and ready to help...just need to know what I am looking for!

10. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

sorry to hear. if i were close, i'd let you borrow my tools when needed.... the vermin will return so be careful. watch craigslist and ebay. if you don't have one, get a gun.

11. Lunchboxlbc

Lunchboxlbc

Well. I am boarding up doors now and taking inventory of everything missing. Frankly there was alot, but there were some big or stand out pieces that would draw attention I think. I had some custom stools I had covered in Metal flake vinyl, not expensive, but I think they would draw attention. Also my tool chest was a stainless Husky 3ft wide x 6ft tall box.

The thing that really sucks is they took a bunch of tools that had been in my family for 3 generations. Some even 4!!! I will post full list after I get it typed up. right now it's 2 pages hand written.

It could have been worse, they could have gotten in the house, but I have 2 great pyrenees that stay in the house... Pretty sure they were going nuts while they were here. They bark at everything and you don't want a combined weight of 230lbs of angry dog coming at ya!

12. Lunchboxlbc

Lunchboxlbc

Chadillac, thanks for the offer I really appreciate it. I am going to file an insurance claim first and see where that gets me.

d.reese and Lone Star Mopar, I will get get a list of everything posted here tomorrow.

13. john~N~dallas

john~N~dallas

did you get the fuzz to finger print anything in the shop?

14. 4406

from Oklahoma

Sorry to hear that.

15. photoman

photoman
    from Texas

Bummer. Get a list posted and I'll keep a eye out.

16. john~N~dallas

john~N~dallas

forgot to say, make sure you give the detective all serial numbers and detailed descritpions of everything you have. more than likely it will end up in a pawn shop. with serial numbers it will be siezed and given back.

17. Lunchboxlbc

Lunchboxlbc

The inspector that does finger prints is on his way now... but it might be 1 am before he gets here. I do have serial numbers for most of the big items, like tool chest, Lawn mower, and the air tools. So I feel confident they might catch somebody off this.

Had a friend over in Oak Cliff that got robbed. They took a laptop, xbox, watch and a couple of other items. He got the xbox and watch back. Plus that guy that fenced it is doing time.

18. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

What else can a guy expect in bountiful East Dallas?
    Sorry to hear you have fallen victim to a bunch of scumbags.

19. Lunchboxlbc

Lunchboxlbc

We have finger prints!!!! and a possible lead from one of the neighbors. Fingers crossed they try to pawn the things I have serial numbers for!

20. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

good luck ,hope they catch the bastards

21. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

I'm really impressed that Dallas actually has investigators that work burglary and will do prints. That level of public service has been history around here for a long time now.
    I'm awfully sorry to hear this happened. Best of luck and hoping for a happy ending to this.

22. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

best of luck, i hope they will catch the scumbags

23. wrench409

wrench409
    Member Emeritus
    from Here

Two words:

Traders Village

That's where my stolen tools were being sold. Since it crossed city boundaries from the theft scene, none of the Police Departments involved would even respond. The cops at Traders Village had too much to do to even take my name. I got the guy's license plate number and had a friend in the towing business trace the plate, got his name and address and his selling stall number there, then I turned the info over (in person!) to the Sargeant on desk duty in Fort Worth. He 'forgot' to roll it up the the detective handling my case (who by the way NEVER came to the scene or even called me). It wasn't a $19.95 toolbox with a pair of pliers - it was over $20k in tools and my very livelihood.

The company I work for tried to stiff me as well with all kinds of excuses even though they had insurance coverage. I got 1/4 of the value of the tools. My tools were marked with my name and TX DL number and or my SS number (my wife did the etching) but nothing was recovered.

I hope you fare better! Good luck!

24. Praying you get your stuff back and JUSTICE SERVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. d.reese

d.reese
    BANNED

Well, as they get more brasin, they stang a good chance of gettin some good old fashioned lead in the blood here in TX.

These work real well for trailer, shops or what ever? I've used them on con-x on construction sites. They only call a phone number (yours) but from there you call the cops and say burglary in process!

Called a tattle-tale:

http://shoptattletale.com/?page_id=314

Or you can fire off a round or two in TX and be with in the law if they are on your property:)

26. Guess no one told that interbred lowlife thief POS, you DONT MESS WITH TEXAS. :mad:

27. crowman

crowman

Man I feel for you, I've been hit 3 times since 96, got the alarm and everything, that just limits the amount of time they are in your stuff !!!
    Unless you have a CCW don't bother with a gun they'll take that too, unless it's on your person. They don't come when your home. Bastards !!
    Gordon

28. Lunchboxlbc

Lunchboxlbc

Well Just trying to figure out what all is missing is almost a full time job. But here is my first pass. It took forever to sort through it all, and I know I am still missing thing.

[​IMG]

29. Lunchboxlbc

Lunchboxlbc

Honestly... I know I will never see alot of this stuff. I just want the guys who did this to get caught so they can't do it to anyone else.