Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Help,Please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JackOfAllTradesRuss, May 20, 2011.

1. JackOfAllTradesRuss

JackOfAllTradesRuss

Hello Everyone,
    Not sure how to ask this, but, has anyone had any problems or good dealings with a automotive parts company in Florida called Eckler's? This business recently bought out Dearborn Classics. I have bought lots of parts from Dearborn Classics (the old business) in the past with no problems.
    Placed a order with Eckler's back in March, they charged my credit card for all items ordered. As of this date, I still have not received the most expensive ($400.00 +) item, out of the 3 things I ordered. I have contacted Eckler's several times, they tell me it is a direct factory drop ship item, and nothing they can do. Week after week, they ( Eckler's ) keep telling me it's being shipped this week, but I never receive it. Please please help, Thank You, Russ

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  2. Jay Ess

Jay Ess
    from New York

I have not had problems with Ecklers. Not sure about the time limit, but I would call the credit card company ASAP and tell them what is going on. Maybe they can contact the merchant to get a straight story or even reverse the charge. What is the item for which you are waiting?

3. pumpman

pumpman

I've been ordering parts for my 60 brookwood lately and have had no issues. Two things were factory direct and I got them in 5 days. Although the parts are pretty common things. Definitely contact your credit card company.

4. JackOfAllTradesRuss

JackOfAllTradesRuss

Thanks Jay
    I have already done that, told the credit card company I would like to give Eckler's a little more time to complete my order before i take any action, also this is my first time dealing with this new to me business (Eckler's) and in no way do I mean to bad mouth Eckler's) Thanks, Russ

5. ECKLERS is a big name with a great reputation here in Florida. Nothing to worry about. A drop shipped item will be sent from the manufacturer, as cheap and as equally slow as possible. No need to worry about Ecklers. TR

6. Phucker

Phucker
    from Kansas

If its the same Ecklers, Ive bought a bunch of Corvette stuff from them years ago, and had no problems, but then again, that's been about 12 or so years back, so things might have changed.

7. If its a REAL big item, you might want to check to see if you might have to pick it up at the loading dock of the shipper. Would they have needed a loading dock or a forklift to unload? He might have tried to come into your neighborhood with a semi-trailer and turned back. I don't know if this is your situation, but it has happened.

8. raidmagic

raidmagic

I own a Corvette and quit dealing with Ecklers for this very reason. Thier prices went up and thier inventory went down. They have gone down hill in recent years in my opinion. Now that being said I wouldn't worry about getting screwed out of your money or your part, they don't work like that but thier customer service is seriously lacking

9. lvlynyrd

lvlynyrd
    from Las Vegas

I used an Eckler company, Rick's Camaros, for my OT 68 Camaro resto, for a lot of parts. Company is fine, but the web site won't tell you if the part is backordered or not. Finally bought most everything from a rival company that lists right on the web site whether the part is in stock or not. Saves a LOT of parts waiting. You WILL get your stuff, they are a legit company, but if I am going to have to wait for parts, I want to know that when I order them.

10. JackOfAllTradesRuss

JackOfAllTradesRuss

Thanks everyone, I already feel a little better about Eckler's, guess I have to have little more patience.The part is not a large item, it's just a dual master cylinder power brake conversion kit for my 66 Fairlane Convertable. My wife won't drive it now, because She thinks you have to press too hard on the brake pedal to get the car stopped with the standard hyd.brake system. Thanks again, Russ

11. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I think that there might be a time limit on getting a credit card refunded. I'd protect my wallet and cancel the credit card trans action. It may not be Ecklers fault but a canceled credit card will get their attention.

I prepaid for some chrome at a shop that had been around for a while with a descent rep. 3 Mos later they would not answer the phone or the door. I did get my parts back after they figured out that I was not leaving with out them and my account finally got credited months later.

400 bucks to me is a pretty big deal and Ecklers should be banging some heads of their suppliers even if it is not their fault. JMHO

12. JackOfAllTradesRuss

JackOfAllTradesRuss

Up-Date,
    Received phone call from Eckler's Today, said my part was being shipped out Today from their supplier,in California,and I should have it in 4 Days or a little longer.
    I will let everyone know when I do receive it. Thanks for all the information.
    Russ

13. Glad to hear that Russ, let us know when it comes. I have to be very confident about a company based on past experience when I recommend one. Let just say I went through a fairly long Corvette stage. My neighbor is doing a frame off 57 Chevy and deals with them almost monthly, either in person or by parcel. TR

14. JackOfAllTradesRuss

JackOfAllTradesRuss

Good News Up-Date,
    Received my power brake kit Yesterday from Eckler's. Again, thanks for all the information and help. I'm now a Happy Camper. Russ

15. I love happy endings.

16. dgang26

dgang26

Sorry you had this problem
    I have been ordering from Eckler's for years without any issues -- good company in my opinion