Register now to get rid of these ads!

Project "No Buck$ 49"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod 49, Jan 20, 2009.

1. threeston

threeston

way to make a low budget build look so great. this is exactly the kind of thing I would love to build. except minus the pin striping since it wouldn't look good if I did it. glad you didn't chop the cab.

2. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Hey this Sat. at noon outside the Suede Palace at the GNRS is the HAMB meet and greet! Ill be there with Flat-N-Low! See ya!

3. 51ChevPU

51ChevPU
    from Arizona

Good job. Very informative. Thanks.

4. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Thanks so much for the kind words! I've tried to cover every aspect of what I've done and make it it simple enough for most any car/truck nut! And not to sound like a bad guy, but to everyone who PMs me asking questions, READ the captions next to the pictures as I explain everything and tell what parts are from what. Thanks again!

5. reaper71

reaper71

hey there i was following this build ithink it was on the "chevy truck site" if i remember correctlly anyways will be building my 52 AD soon. looks great

6. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

Wassa matta with you?

You think folks are gonna read an entire thread?

/sarcasm.

Lots of good stuff in here folks if you want to do a neat project.

-W

7. Cymro

Cymro

Any more updates? Please

8. Lots of good ideas and nice workmanship in this project! Thanks for posting!!

9. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Sorry guys! I needed to help a friend of mine finish his truck and I've been working on a website www.badbonzdesigns.com which has kept me slammed! Ill get back on my truck in a couple weeks (I'm dying to drive it!) and I'll walk everyone through all the way to the end!

10. shadams

shadams

Dude, I am speechless. So friggin cool I cant stand it. Thanks for TONS of idears to use on my build and please, dont leave us hangin!!!!!

11. willymakeit

willymakeit

This thread started good and keeps getting better

12. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

The site is lookin' BAD A$$, Brad. We'll have to talk soon so I can figure out what art to contribute. Just been really slammed and I still have shit- tons of stuff to get done for Vintage Torquefest at the end of this month. Love following the truck build, keep the pics coming!

13. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

I went out and took this to show my latest addition to the truck. I found it on EBAY and had to have it for the whole look! [​IMG] and yes it's freakin' raining!

14. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

15. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Hey Guys, I'm back on it!!!! Sheesh, finally I can wrap this thing up! Finish cleaning up my garage tonight and it's game on! I'm dying to drive this thing and this is what I have to look at every day [​IMG] and I can't stand it anymore! First step is to fire up the motor and break in the cam, finish all that stuff in the engine compartment up and then do the interior! You guys are gonna LOVE the interior plans! Stay tuned!!!

16. daddio211

daddio211

I've been following this since you started and I don't know why I've just now noticed the striping... man that is too cool! Tastefully done!

Hey, did I mention I like the striping? :D

17. daddio211

daddio211

Never mind, striping was covered way back on page 3. No wonder I didn't remember it, it was TWO YEARS AGO!

Still, you're making progress much faster than I am on my wife's '48 5-window! Keep it up!

18. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Yeah I know, I'm a little slow! Been helping on other projects which killed me getting mine done! I'm back on it now!!!! Thanks for the striping compliment!

19. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Dang Brad, get that thing done already!

20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

It's alive!!!! ALIVE!!!!

21. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Good to hear you're back at it, Brad. Truck is looking slick, man!

22. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Just spent a rainy afternoon reading the entire thread. Amazing build!! Such innovative and creative ways to do things inexpensively and yet still VERY cool, with super detail. Can't wait to see the next post. Thanks for sharing your project.

23. octobeak

octobeak

Im digging the stance, paint, well pretty much the whole package. Everything looks solid and efficient, Keep it up!

24. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

I need to find some hood emblems that have the "Thriftmaster" logo on them. I have these [​IMG] (not in too bad of shape) and wanted to see if anyone had some that weren't too pitted that they'd trade for.

25. 57 3100

57 3100

26. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Yep, just like those! I'm looking for some originals, not new ones. I need the patina to match the truck and anything new won't work with the look of everything else. Just need some that aren't too rough.

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Dude, I didn't know you wanted a union 76 ball.... I would have sent you one! Give me a call or a text in the next day or two. My cell had a "Mission Impossible" moment a couple of weeks ago ( litterally smoke in my hands!!!) and I lost your contact info - Hell, everybody's contact info!

28. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

It looks like you're finally ready to cruise that thing down the hill to my shop . Remind me sometime to show you my little collection of antenna balls .

29. 57 3100

57 3100

cool. i will ask around on a few other sites i am a member of... god luck,

leonard

30. ytt49

ytt49
    from socal

i was headed over to a friend house today and just happening to drive by your place
    well atleast your truck was there in the drive
    it looks better in person