Register now to get rid of these ads!

...The Tuknukunskratch Two Door Build...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fuzzy bunny, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Whats the tape on the hood for? Going to pancake it?
    Still enjoying your updates.

2. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Thanks James D, I had the tape running all the way across the front so I could visualize the new body line. I was pretty hard to see with the old paint, old metal and new metal next to each other. I had thought earlier on about moldinf the whole front end but I'm afraid thats enginering, and time than can afford to spend if I want it on the road this summer.

3. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Lovin this build so far. Thats a rad car and on my list of cars to own.

4. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Alright heres some more hood stuff. I got the front panel all welded across the top and the tip of the filler for the rib all welded in did a buncha hammering and got it al smoothed out. Sorry for the cell pics I left my camera at my parents house.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Started working on the lower body line, its finaly starting to take shape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the a ton of shrinking later its still not quite where i want it, so pie cuts here I come.

[​IMG]

And no thats not my truck! :D

5. caddylakman

caddylakman
    from USA

yep, I officially got the bug to work on my caddy. :) That's one awesome buick, can't wait to see the continued progress and eventually a finished product. I'm very impressed with the metal work, something I have yet to learn, but am keen to try.

peace

6. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Soooo...one thing led to another and...

[​IMG]

7. Decided to go for a full body lift or a full on gasser? Keep up the great work. It is good to see progress on another Buick.

8. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Actually I'm thinking Donk. :D throw some 28's on there It'll be perfect!

9. RichG

RichG

Donks are played out dude, you need to put a giant ass pivot between the body and frame, that way when the hoodies drive by with their spinners, you can lift the car and spin the whole damn thing! Don't follow, start the trend!

10. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Am I gonna be seeing this at billetproof this year? You better start knockin this thing out!

11. nummie

nummie

If your still thinking about brown, one that I would suggest comes from an O/T car: 1977 Pontiac T/A. Its called "Brentwood Brown Metallic" and is quite possibly the sexiest brown I have ever seen in my life!!IMHO

12. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

I hope so. I have switched gears a little. I am focusing on the mechanical aspect for a while to get the thing drive able then hammer out the rest of the body work. with the body off, it will make finishing the bag system and breaks way easier sinse i have a fist full of lines and electrical to run. Also it will let me get the motor and trans hooked up the tork tube and make sure it seals right.

And Its going to be green but i will look up that brown. A good brown is hard to come by. Thanks.

13. SOLID9

SOLID9
    from EuroTrip!

Adding to the brown list... OT ofcoarse but some new BMW suv lookin deal comes in this awesome metallic root beer color. I think it's an X3 or some jazz like that? I'm waitin for the Wagon build ;)

14. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Here Is some more crap.

The hood saga continues. The shrinking wasn't moving things along quick enough so I went ahead and marked out for my pie cuts.

[​IMG]

Then I cut on the line.

[​IMG]

I folded the front under the top and tagged it with a piece of tape so I could mark the rest of my cut.

[​IMG]

cut, trim, grind, file, weld, hammer aaand vwala.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I just have to finish welding it up and do some more clean up, and hammering and it ca go back on the framework.

15. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Now the the body is no longer in the way of progress on the frame I started taring down the front end and finishing up all of the lose ends from the bags and such.

I started by pulling the upper a arms off. They were pretty crusty and grose not mention beat up. The upper a arms were rivited together factory which makes servicing a pain in the ass. So all of the rivets (that were left) got growned out to get the a arm off. Then It wanted to fall apart and the two plates that make up the upper arm started to spread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I clamped it in the vice and the two plates were different shapes, so out came the grinder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then welded them together.

[​IMG]

Cleaned everything up for paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and paint

[​IMG]

Then I threw all of the nuts and bolts into the polisher.

[​IMG]

16. carbuilder

carbuilder

Fuzzy is the polisher a kenmore or Wirlpool looking good.

17. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Its actually a early to mid 40's Reynolds electric motor, as for the rest of the parts, as I understand it, they are a hodg podg of parts my grandfather collected to make a rock polisher for my grandmother. I have slightly re puruposed it. :D

18. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Well heres some more boring suspention progress, but at least its progress.

I was concerned that if I ever blow a bag The car will be so low I cat drive it any where. I thought about it for a while and decided that If I had adjustaple bump stops I culd kind of lift the car back up enough to limp it home. So heres what I came up with.

I started by removing the stock fixed bump stop.

[​IMG]

I then cut off a piece of my internally threaded barand made a bung.

[​IMG]

Then I re-drilled, and tapped out the lower a arm from the bottom in the same size and thread as the bung.

[​IMG]

Then I ran a bolt up through the bottom and threaded the bung onto the bolt to make sure it was good and centered. Then weld the bitch in.

[​IMG]

Once I finish the actual bumpstop part of it Ill show that too.

Then I had to make a Bracket to hold and locate the bottom of the bag in the A arm, so I made a simple oval bracket that bolts to the stock shock mount location with a slot in the center for some adjustability.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then cleaned it up and painted it.

[​IMG]

While the paint on that was drying I went ahead and started cleaning up the frame rail so I could bolt it back together.

[​IMG]

I Por 15'ed the frame rail and put back togher the lower a arm.

[​IMG]

And then finally, started putting it all back together.

[​IMG]

Now I have to do it all again on the other side.

19. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

outta control man!!

20. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Any updates? Did you get the other side knocked out yet?

You have had ample time!!:D:D

21. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Lucifr- You need to come over and check it out. Its good to know you're not dead.

kimb82- I've been working mostly on the drive train and running gear, and I dont need to bore you all with more suspention nonsense. ;)

22. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Here is a quick update. A mile stone has been reached the final color has been put down on the dash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Im going to hit it hard this weekend and hopefully have some more good updates.

23. SOLID9

SOLID9
    from EuroTrip!

Ah hell I love those kinda shades of green!

24. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

25. carbuilder

carbuilder

Its cool in the sun.

26. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Weeellll...here is another small update for those of you out there keeping track. Not much new, mostly just boring mundane chassie clean up. But I did finally find the piece of hood trim I have been searching for. whoda thought It would take a year to find a 63 polara hood spear? Oh well I guess that means the hood saga continues.

I measured out the center of the hood and trim and place it on the hood to trace, then cut out the shape. amazingly this piece of trim is almost the exact dimentions of the factory stamped spear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just kind of eyeballed the new front hood contour and wouldn't ya know its exactly where it needs to be. I think I need to do somthing different for a while. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I started to build the actual trough that the trim will sit in and screwed it down till I get the rest made. It was a pretty simple piece to make just measure break, measure break, measure break.

[​IMG]

Now I just need to finish the nose recess and the very back and I can start burning it in.

[​IMG]

27. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

I have also been painting interior trim. I have almost all of the interior steel bits painted in their first layer of color, then comes the fun stuff.

[​IMG]

Thats it for now. tootles.

28. Foppa

Foppa

cool build..

29. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Alright, well. I've been working mostly on the chassie, cleaning painting running lines, all the boring stuff. But, I did take a break to continue... dun dun DUUUN the Hoooood Saaaagaaa. Not really that exciting but I got every thing lined up in its final position and got the nose recess built and screwed in. just two little pieces to make and I can start welding it in for good!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And with the trim.

[​IMG]