Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another 54 chevy build...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TerrorSwain, May 13, 2011.

1. TerrorSwain

TerrorSwain

Flattrap - it's all good dude. I love some inspiration. And they are some damn good lookin 54's. What did you drop them on? Bags, or blocks?

2. flattrap

flattrap

Stepped subframe in front de-arched springs an blocks in rear.

3. TerrorSwain

TerrorSwain

thats pretty awesome dude!!!!!!!!

Now I have a problem - i have had the thing on charge for 2 days, it is still drawing 5 amps, and won't start. The battery is new, dizzy cap is new, plug wires are new. I am totally lost. If you let it sit for a while, you can turn the key and hear the starter solenoid click. But then it doesn't do it again. Where should i start??????

4. hotdamn

hotdamn

so other wise when you turn the key is it turning over or is it not doing anything?

5. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

I know it sounds simple but try your ground and power feed at all contact spots, Clean and refasten them..if its not making good contact that will happen.

6. tooslow54

tooslow54

Cool car..(I'm a bit biased) LOL. Have fun with her!

7. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

looks good! where in upstate are you? I have a friend that has an old edmunds intake for a 235...

8. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

i have a couple extras.

9. TerrorSwain

TerrorSwain

it does nothing. clicks once, then won't even do that....

i will try that. It has been raining here for like 3 days, so it's kinda hard to get anything done......thanks!!!

10. atomickustom

atomickustom

I agree with TerrorSwain - clean ALL of the contacts, especially the battery terminals and the cable ends on the starter and the ground cable or ground strap. Sounds like the juice just isn't getting where it needs to go.

11. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Especially if its been that wet there...My car is all new bottom to top and have never had a start prob in the last couple years. I washed the enging bay a few months ago and one start later i was stuck at the local gas station with it not starting. It was clicking away, ended up being my ground (after I was chasing the positive), it had a little bit of corrosion on it and getting wet must of pushed it over the edge.
    Good luck man

12. TerrorSwain

TerrorSwain

It Run's Again. i think it had to be with it being wet out. i went home yesterday and it fired right up. Shut it off, came out like an hour later, fired up again. And then this morning, it fired up yet again!!! Soooooooo now to fix it....

Here is the video I made of it running!
    http://youtu.be/T6j6BDdKerI

13. TerrorSwain

TerrorSwain

OK. So I got my new tail light lenses in the mail yesterday. Bought them from Belaireautoparts.com. Mike was really nice, and when he realized they were on back-order he immediately e-mailed me, rather than just letting me sit around wondering what the heck was going on. So now onto my question.....how the hell do you get the chrome tail light bezzel off? Is there a screw or something I am missing???? I know it's such a dumb question, but I am stumped......lol

14. 54fierro

54fierro
    from san diego

I ordered from them before as well and Mike is very helpfull.

Your bezel has studs through the body into the trunk area. Once you get it off there are some flat screws possibly hidden under some sealer to pull the housing apart.

15. TerrorSwain

TerrorSwain

Awesome! Thanks dude!

16. TerrorSwain

TerrorSwain

Anyone have pictures of how the brake light switch is mounted? Or can someone at least give me a general location? Is it mounted directly on the Brake Pedal Arm?

I have tail lights, and turn signals. But nothing when i step on the brake. So i would think it has to be something with that switch right?

17. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

the horn ring cracks me up. i have had 8 54's and all with broken horn rings. good luck on the build!

18. TerrorSwain

TerrorSwain

that is really funny! i kinda like the broken ring, it just makes it unique....lol

19. TerrorSwain

TerrorSwain

i really need help with this brake light switch. I am unsure of it's exact location, and am working in my driveway on my back. So can someone give me a location, and how it is mounted, I am thinking that is the issue, I have turn signals and tail lights, but no brake lights. Thanks a ton!!!

20. TerrorSwain

TerrorSwain

hell yeah!!! I don't know what happened. But both brake lights work. So now I just need to replace the passengers front blinker, and it is good to go!!!!! SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited to drive this thing on the road!!!!!!

21. TerrorSwain

TerrorSwain

Took it out for a ride for the first time yesterday!!! Ran amazing, and then died. Ran outta gas. Then, got to the gas station, put gas in it, and then made it 10 feet outta the parking lot. Had to have it towed home. So far I found a blocked solid fuel filter. I bypassed it, just to see if it would start. And it will for like a minute, and then dies. I am thinking I need to rebuild the carb possibly?

22. TerrorSwain

TerrorSwain

FOR SALE in the classifieds section....that is all