Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Finally mine after eyeing it up since '94

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dorksrock, May 16, 2011.

1. dorksrock

dorksrock

Finally after 17 years, persistence finally pays off! When I was 5 years old at a family reunion I was poking around the barns and sheds at my great uncles farm and there it sat. I didn't know what it was at the time, but I wanted it BAD. Every time I was at that farm I would sneak out to the shed and look at that '63 Galaxie 500... The car was originally my second cousins car, and she sold it back to his dad in '78 and was last registered in '79 and never run since. Finally after talking to my great uncle and cousin they told me I could pick it up for $200. I had never been so excited in my life after wanting this car for so long. I got up there, drained the old gas outta the tank, put in a new cap, rotor, plugs, points, wires and condenser, and after a little bit of putzing, I got her to fire up and drove her on the Trailer! After I did that my great uncle came out and handed me the title and the $200 I gave him and said to take it and get her driving. Right now my plans for her are to just make her my summer cruiser while I work on my '27. The interior is nearly MINT! No mice or anything got into it or tore it up, I just took off the original bubble cover on the rear seat. Also just recently I picked up a set of Crager SS wheels that were peeling pretty bad for $50, so I sand blasted em and with some puddy work and time painted em up black and silver. take a look...

when I picked it up
    [​IMG]

back home
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. moefuzz

moefuzz

Love 63 Galaxies, they run in our family. Two older brothers and my dad each had one.

It sure is in nice condition. Enjoy your ride!

btw, save all your old parts, you never know when you will need to put that original condenser back in ;)

3. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

Looks like its in great shape

4. draginsteel

draginsteel

Nice Find Grasshopper!

5. Very cool find for only 200! That interior looks amazing. Lets see it with the new wheels!

6. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Will make a cool driver

7. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Excellent find for 200. Congrats!

8. dorksrock

dorksrock

She has a little bit of rot behind the rear wheels, but the floors are rock solid and so is the truck. Im currently going through the brakes and running new lines, got a new master cyl, and all new wheel cylinders as well. The one thing you cant see from this side is that it needs a door on the driver side. Back in '77 it got hit by another car, and lucky for me, they only thing it screwed up was the rear drivers side door. Hopefully I can find another door and paint it quick to match and cruise... She burns a lotta oil right now and I think the rings are stuck on it. Hopefully with some time and some Marvels Mystery oil they will free up. Right now it has 96,968 miles on it.

9. flynstone

flynstone

not 200 unless i read that wrong it was freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee good deal keep it in the family ...nice job on the cragers its gonna look even better

10. dorksrock

dorksrock

Free is right! I couldnt have been happier at that moment!

11. Some guys have all the luck! Awesome score, er... inheritance, uh... barn find? Whatever. Congratulations, she looks great.

12. dorksrock

dorksrock

me and my dad both have a weird knack for finding good deals. $750 model a's that dont have rust, Edmunds Desoto hemi dual pot for $300, a couple $50 flatheads, and the list goes on and on and on, but now we are outta space in the garage, so you guys can have all the good deals.

13. fonti

fonti

...never give up!
    enjoy your ride...

14. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

that thing is clean great score!!