Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lets See Those Hudsons!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DtroitDinosaur, Oct 12, 2007.

1. captmullette

captmullette

47hudson, let me take a little drive in his last year at reynolds dragway in ga , it'll jerk a knot in your ass.........

Attached Files:

• hhr.jpg
      hhr.jpg
      File size:
      107.6 KB
      Views:
    39hudrat likes this.
  2. Dino

Dino

Here's my 1953 Hornet convertible.

Attached Files:

3. I remember when I was in high school, I pulled up beside ugly green hudson( they were all ugly, color not withstanding) in my '51 vicky. Couldn't believe the dude wanted to race me. A few seconds and feet later I was staring in disblief at his tail pipe! Turned out it was one of those dual carb flatties and I stayed away from 'em after that. Lesson learned.

4. 49SUPER6

49SUPER6

Dino my dad owned that 53 convert years ago, nice to see it still around. I know Jim Harmon had plans on restoring it but never got around to it.

5. skoh73

skoh73

Sharp car Dino- was that actually a convertible from the factory?

6. 49SUPER6

49SUPER6

All step-down hudsons have a large rather awkward header and a 53 is one of the rarer Hudson convertibles

7. CruisinLI

CruisinLI

Here's my '50

Attached Files:

8. Dino

Dino

49Super6, I'm going to send you a PM. I bought the car from Jim before he passed. I am planning to do a 100% nut-and-bolt restoration.

Skoh73, yes, it's a real '53 Hornet convertible. :)

9. dirtydixon

dirtydixon

Hot Damn! Hudsons are cool. I would love to have on of them early 50's hornets.

10. Rocket88NZ

Rocket88NZ

Wow Dino, that should really be something when its done, please give us updates as you go. Cheers Mike.

11. Dino

Dino

Thanks, Mike. I have some pics I took a year ago in Daytona of Marshall Teague's car (not sure if replica, but I think it was real). I will dig them up and send them to you.

12. Dino

Dino

Thanks, Mike. I have some pics I took a year ago in Daytona of Marshall Teague's car (not sure if replica, but I think it was real). I will dig them up and send them to you.

Your car is the tits!

13. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

1934 cab, our little racer[​IMG]

39hudrat likes this.
  14. superwasp912

superwasp912

Here's mine,53 SuperWasp Brougham.Right now she's in the air gittin her under parts painted.3" drop,New brakes ,wheel brngs,shocks.As soon as I get the bucks for some new Cokers She"ll be on the ground cruz'n . J.R.

Attached Files:

15. hoggyrubber

hoggyrubber

16. "Ran when parked"

Jim

Attached Files:

17. Ramblur

Ramblur

Here's Tommy Cash (Johnny's brother and a 49 Cadillac owner) trying out
    my 49 Hudson this past winter when Tommy and his band played at our
    RV park.
    [​IMG]

I had all intentions of taking it to Viva last month after installing new carbs and grinding the valves but hurt a piston on my way to Chattanooga and had to leave it there. Still nothing better than heading down the highway
    with 308 inches of flathead goodness serenading you at or above the legal limit.
    [​IMG]

I'm also working on a 1930 Essex Super Six coupe(Hudson's cheaper line) and possibly one of the first cars not to have a model number/letter,it was
    simply called "The Challenger". Plans are to keep it pretty close to original
    (a first,for me).
    [​IMG]

18. skoh73

skoh73

Ramblur, did you have the Hudson at the Groundhog Gala this spring?

19. Wow, is that Bill Peck's old '34 H8 with an OHV V8 under the hood? Can't recall the brand of motor - haven't seen the car in 30 years!!! Congrats - drive it like you stole it.

Here is my underpowered '34 Terraplane 6 convertible coupe.

Attached Files:

20. Ramblur

Ramblur

Yes we were, the Groundhog Gala is one of our must make shows and the
    new venue made it that much better.

21. skoh73

skoh73

Ramblur,
    I thought that was your car! We were at the show escaping the WI winter for a week. I was drooling over the Hudson and you said "go ahead and take a seat behind the wheel". I didn't want to be a weirdo, and passed you up on your offer- been wishing I would have done since I left the show. Thanks for being such a nice guy!

22. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

thats the thekid49's car. its chopped now

23. Rocket88NZ

Rocket88NZ

Very nice looking car, I'm sure you are going to enjoy your cruz'n.

24. Rocket88NZ

Rocket88NZ

That would be great Dino, saw a replica of Teagues car at the museum in Reno but I think it was a 4 door. Those guys must have had strong arms to wrestle em through that sand at Daytona.

25. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

The car was purchased from Bills wife,we removed the Olds and replaced it with a 425 inch "nailhead" Per nhra rule book you must race with your top up![​IMG]

26. KWashburn

KWashburn

I recently acquired a 1950 Brougham Super 6. Great solid car.

I'll spare the bandwidth the pictures. You can check it out here.

Whatever the undercoating is that Hudson put on these things is insanely hard to remove. I'm greatful for that, but holy s*** is it doing it's job.

27. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

This is one of the nicest Hudsons around, toghter w/ Dave Hitch.
    Also the Shredders had a nice one and Kings of Kustomz in ELA is buildin a bad ass one too.
    there has to be a few more but cant remember

This one looks bad ass too. was it lifted or static drop? either way it seems great.
    Hudsons are underrated for sure.

28. sadayo

sadayo

I put about 35 miles on my Jet the other day. About a block from home, I went to slow down and had to put a little extra pressure on the brakes and could hear that the engine didn't idle down. Popped the hood to discover the throttle linkage was disconnected. Easy fix, but I have to wonder how long that cotter pin had been working its way loose.

[​IMG]

29. llewellyn

llewellyn

Heres a couple of pics of my hudson bought a couple of months ago. The previous owner imported it from usa 2 years back. A fix up is under way to get it registered in a couple of months. Just need some hot up gear for the flat 6 thanks.

30. llewellyn

llewellyn

no 1 hudson

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011