Register now to get rid of these ads!

Misconceptions of old cars.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by davidh73750, May 16, 2011.

1. ShortyLaVen

ShortyLaVen

Seriously, man! I hate that. I walked out into the parking lot at school and some skank in a too-short skirt was sitting on my trunk. I told her to get the hell off, and while she was still standing there a grabbed a bottle of Windex and a rag out of my glovebox and started polishing away at where she was sitting. HAHAHAHa!!!

2. haha you said it buddy,

and to the post above about the hippes and the crappy bushes-HAHAHA they do seem to drive 80s mercedes that smoke like a train

3. I had a '63 Chevy pickup several years ago. It had a 283 that ran beautifully, a PowerGlide that shifted right, and the truck overall, was tight and a joy to drive. So what if it was four different colors? Red cab and doors, white hood, light blue bed and a primer red tailgate. Rather patriotic, in retrospect!

My thing was to park next to the nicest, newest car in any parking lot and just watch for that owner to come out and get his magnifying glass out to check for "damage" my truck caused just by being in close proximity to it! And, it was bonus fun to find the guy that parked waaaaay out in the parking lot AND take up two spots...I'd still park right next to it.

My Dad had a beautiful 1963 T-Bird that he'd just got out of the paint shop. I was about 16 at the time. My Mom never learned to drive, so I was her chauffeur for awhile. Took her to the grocery store in the 'Bird. Some old fart jackass parked his new Cadillac DeVille right next to me, opens his door and "THUMP", his door hits my dad's car! I got out and said "Excuse me, why did you do that for?" His reply was "Don't get in a snit, boy, it's just an old car!" I replied "Fuck you!" as he and his wife entered the store. My Mom took forever to shop then, so I had time to go home with the T-Bird, get into my Dad's beater '65 Chevy C-10, and return to the store. My spot was open, and the Caddy was still there. I opened the passenger door on the truck, kicked it open hard from the inside, and put a BIG dent in his door. Rolled back a few feet and did the same to his back door, then rolled back and parked about 50 feet away. He came out and saw the two BIG dents in his door and was furious! No one pointed out my truck to him, because several saw what he did to Dad's car. Payback is indeed a bitch!

4. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

I would have just punched him in his stupid face in the first place.

5. Naw, jacking his doors up was soooo much more pleasing. It was worth it, watching that old bastard blow a gasket.

6. A couple bicycle pals of mine commented on my 54 Chevy, "That thing must be a tank!" I told them about 3400 pounds, open the door of your Toyota..........................yup, Camry was 400#s heavier than my 54 Chevy which gets 18-22MPG with a smallblock.

7. A 7000 pound AD?!?!?!?! Two of them, combined, might weigh 3 1/2 tons, but not one.

8. i saw that,i just figured someone else would go WHAT?

9. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

right on guys,what is also a misconception about owning a classic ride is that, because its on display at a show that is becomes public property allowing any shit head to sit in it,open the doors,lean on the car,kick the tires,honk the horn and generally be a douche.What is it about people that turns them into unthinking,irrational,careless little turds with no respect for others hard work and property.

10. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Never trust a hippy,dirty little fuckers.Biggest thieves i have ever come across,they would rob there own grandmother if they thought it would score them some pot.They profess alot of altruistic morals,but at heart they will steal the clothes off your back

11. i cant understand how ANYONE can touch anothers car.thejacked up the hood on my grand-dads car,and also cought one closing the door of a car they didnt own. also seen a woman letting her dumbass dog pee on a guys car in the show...its just stupid

12. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

--------------------------------
    The best way to handle that one is
    to just hear the idiot out and then
    sheepishly nod your head in agreement.
    Then, calmly explain to him that the SBC
    is only in there "temporarily"...until you
    get the headers for your 8-71 blown,
    572-inch BBC finished!!! :eek::D:D

Mart3406
    ============================

13. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

I came to this conclusion a long time ago:

Most people are unthinking, irrational, careless turds, and have no respect for ANYTHING.

My wife will tell me shit about how "this person did THIS" or this person did THAT" and then gets shocked when I don't give her a reaction. "Doesn't that shock you??"

No, nothing shocks me anymore. People are idiots.

14. 31Apickup

31Apickup

People try to get ahead of me at traffic lights, they must think its one of those old slow cars that putters along, I usually nail it and leave them behind. Why do people fell the need to stand on the running boards, or open the doors at a show (I lock my doors). My dad whose has ridden it it probably more than anyone else over the last 25 years still slams the door.

15. badlefihand

badlefihand

Hotrods do not get very good mileage,break down at the most inoppertune times, they rumble and skake a bit,dont stop as quick as newer cars,points can be a problem,do not ride as well, eat the tires off unless driven mildly, its hard to see out of the mirrors, always have to tinker with something,are not worth the money and effort we put in them,etc, etc, so what else is new?Are we squirrely? I guess. Next guy who slams my doors is gonna get smacked,that is if he is my age and some where near my physical condition

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  16. tjmercury

tjmercury

How bout this one...."Hey, nice car, but you should check out the fuel injected ls1 in my. 85 long bed truck. I bet it'll blow the doors off yours." WHO CARES! Mine still looks cooler, go back to your mom's basement.

17. takid455

takid455

You'd loose lots of money if you bet against it...

18. djmartins

djmartins

You attitude is a shame, because you are 100% right.
    Had one guy open all my doors and hood on my 66 Mustang fastback in a parking lot once, my wife was with me or I would have gone to jail.......

19. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

"That car is too old and nice to drive in the winter." I fixed it up once. I can certainly do it again when the time comes

20. jax59

jax59
    from nor cal

21. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Yeah, I have heard that alot. When I was in high school, (Class of 1981), I would reply that my 55 Chevy weighed less than a new, (at that time), Corvette. Nowadays, I'll say that it only weighs about 300 lbs. more than my 1993 S-10.

Other things, include the door slams, and bad milage...my 59 Belair got about 22 MPG, when it still had a stock 235, 3 speed and 3:36 rear end. Old cars are unreliable and would not be able to drive across the country.....Hmmm....What DID people drive across the country in 1959???......and that they are slooooow.....Yeah, with the 3x2 348 4 speed that is in it now, it sure is slow. Even with the stock 235, my 59 would outrun many new cars.

Something specific to a 59 Chevy, is that the rear end of the car comes off of the ground at 100 MPH. Well, only if you have enough to drink....or smoke....or????

22. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

whenever some treehugger wags their finger at me and uses terms like"carbon footprint" it makes me want to light up a couple old tires in the back yard then ask them "hows that for a carbon footprint?!!!!!":D

23. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

LOL, I tell em I have planted enough trees in my lifetime that I should be allowed to burn tires and bury asbestos in the backyard.

24. theBRAIN 426

theBRAIN 426
    from Colorado

why is it that the older generation seems to think us young guys(and gals) know absolutely nothing

25. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

----------------------
    Yeah! Some of them even know
    that the word "lose" - as in 'to lose
    something
    ' - is actually spelled "L-O-S-E"
    - and not "L-O-O-S-E" - which means
    "loose" - as in 'not tight'!!!!

Mart3406
    ===========================

26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

From my experience it is usually the over 70+ spectators at car shows that can't keep their hands off cars. Opening and slamming doors, fooling with hoods and what not along with putting their foot on running boards.

But I didn't know that Denise knew my wife as Jean is the worlds worse about slamming car doors. We have fought that battle for 41 years.

The best one I have had thrown at me lately was by a friend who didn't think my 71 GMC 3/4 ton was up to carrying a load because it was "so old". I told him that was ok, if his fancy late model 4x4 broke down don't be afraid to call me to go tow him home.

27. bob-o

bob-o

My '62 Buick is extremely low. I've had people tell me in a panic that my suspension is broken. Sometimes they're being sarcastic, sometimes they're dead fuckin serious. Either way, I tell them in all seriousness, "I'll be sure to check on that right away!"

Also, I'm 27, soon to be 28. I've spent most of those years working on and learning about cars. It drives me nuts when an older gent thinks I don't know anything about em. I had a dude the other day start telling me specs about my '62 that were completely wrong. Wow. Takes the breath away :rolleyes:

28. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

Well whenever I get out of my car it seems people are exspecting to see a old man getting out. They're kind of shocked when they see a 21 year old kid in something that's not a honda

29. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Uhhhhhhh. There's plenty on here.:rolleyes:

30. [​IMG]