Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1947 Ford Tudor build thread (A.K.A. seemed like a good idea at the time....)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by millersgarage, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Mr Blue

Mr Blue
    from Florida

Fantastic! That 302 sounds great. What a great cruiser. Congrats!
    Don

2. olskoolcool

olskoolcool
    from colorado

good looking rig! i like digging through these other sedan builds and seeing what other guys are doing. gives me some much needed motivation to get back on my car.

3. millersgarage

millersgarage

fixed up the hinges, repaired a rivet, sandblasted and painted them in my favorite paint booth (my back yard)
    easter 010.jpg

and then put the hood back on
    easter 014.jpg

seems a shame to cover all that up ;)

4. millersgarage

millersgarage

enough with engine updates!

moving to the interior. I drove it a bit without any soundproofing at all, and WOW 2800 rpm at freeway speeds was unbearable inside, so I ordered up some Fat Mat rattle trap sound deadener

carpets 002.jpg

well, that should do it. :D

From there I went on to the package shelf
    carpets 004.jpg

Then onto the floor
    carpets 008.jpg carpets 009.jpg

Not too shabby for $20 worth of carpeting from Menards

5. Mr Blue

Mr Blue
    from Florida

The sound deadener looks really good. Nice installation. Carpeting looks factory. Keep up the good work. Don :)
    P.S. Was that sound deadener already cut for your car or did you have to cut it to fit?

6. millersgarage

millersgarage

Thanks Mr Blue
    It is not a pre-cut mat. It comes in a roll. Fat Mat Rattle Trap XXX, I got it on Amazon.com, they were the cheapest. Got a 100 foot package, and it comes with a roller, and knife. It is 80 mils thick, and really sticks.
    I ended up not even using 50 sq foot of it, so it looks like I'll be doing the trunk, inside of the doors, the inner fenders, the....

Funny thing is, I have more money in the glue for the carpet, then I do in the carpet

7. Mr Blue

Mr Blue
    from Florida

Well it certainly came out great. Enjoy:)

8. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Very very impressive job...and really awesome car too...
    Thanks for posting this....
    Cheers,

9. tjm73

tjm73

You've done almost exactly what I'd like to do to one of my favorite Fords. Nice job. Always thought one of these would make a great family hot rod.

10. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Thanks for posting this in detail. I had an idea for S/Ws in there (my own '47) but the Autometers are excellent. Glad you showed this in detail.

11. Labold

Labold

Looking good!
    Your paint booth looks like mine.

12. 90LXdiaz

90LXdiaz

read through your whole thread and wow. what an inspiration! such a great build!

cant wait till i save up enough for a 42-48 ford... i want to do a somewhat similar build as yours...just a roller 302, t5 and ford 8.8 rear...

more updates!

13. 48Tom

48Tom

great build thread. I've been perusing around the internet looking for ideas, and i'm kinda stuck on wheels. are you planning on leaving the one's you have on there now? or are you looking at something different?

I haven't really found anything i like for mine, so i'm trying to get as many ideas as possible.

14. VonKool13

VonKool13

Good Cheet Maing!! I like the whole build, where is the flattie now? Hopefully in a Model A roadster!

15. millersgarage

millersgarage

I like the ones that I have, 56 Oldsmobile. If I were to change it, it would be to a different set of wheels covers, like Moon ripple caps, or something.

16. archauto

archauto
    from Co

Question on your guage cluster. What size and style of Autometer guages did you use? I haven't found any that look similar. A great, good looking solution that looks almost stock for a 46.
    Thanks

17. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

What front clip are you using?