Register now to get rid of these ads!

I have a question about my 1957 Chevrolet truck seat swap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RUSTEE 57 GMC, May 15, 2011.

1. RUSTEE 57 GMC

RUSTEE 57 GMC
    from Tennessee

Hello,
    I have a 1957 Chevrolet truck 1/2 ton with the big back glass. It has the original seat in it, although it is not in the best of shape. I have a friend who lives in another town who has a 1969 Chevrolet truck with a excellent seat in it he would be willing to sell to me. Would this seat fit in my 57 without too much trouble? I am also having trouble finding the round heater core for my heater. It is not the fancy one, just the plain-jane heater. I have tried NAPA and all the books I have on the 57 Chevy trucks, but no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated very much!

2. RUSTEE 57 GMC

RUSTEE 57 GMC
    from Tennessee

Any suggestions at all from anyone with any knowledge of Heater Cores or seat swaps???

3. I'm not sure about the heater core. As far as the seat goes, get out a tape measure. I think the 67-72 seat is too wide though.

4. The Shocker

The Shocker

I think 67-72 truck seats are 58 inches at the widest point if that helps ...

5. TomWar

TomWar

I put a set of 60/40 1999 Cadillac seats in my 58, they worked out really nice.
    I have a GMC deluxe heater from a 58 that I would sell pretty cheap, but I am leaving for 10 days in the AM. If you are interested, let me know by PM and I will get back to you in 11 days.