Register now to get rid of these ads!

June 18, kansas boys backroads tour .

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by finkd, May 12, 2011.

1. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

Okay after taking Ian on a backroads tour last fall, I've had alot of guys say we should do this more ofter, So....june 18th we are going to do it again, I have some roads in mind that I've been wanting to take a bunch of hot rods down. This will be a one day deal, everybody welcome , hot rods and kustoms prefered, but if you don't have one you can tag the back of the pack and take pics. I will figure out the roads and stops, which will include a nice place to eat a lunch , and maybe finish off with a big ol' juicey steak in sedan on steak night. everyone responsable for their own meals. so guys who want to go start posting, ......... jeff

2. Kool you are throwing me a Birthday Bash. If by some freak of the imagination I have my parts hauler running I will roll out, if not sing happy birthday for me, will ya?

Hell if it catches on you could call it the annual 'beaner Birthday bash and road trip. :D

3. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

GREAT Idea, which would also mean that you would be feeding all these animals, at your place, rib eye steaks aged would be fine ! LOL

4. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Just have to keep Jeff's foot out of the go pedal so that the rest of us can keep up! :)

I'm stoked that this is getting off the ground, just another way to hang with my buddies.

5. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

In the "maybe" boat.......with an almost 2 year old boy and a wife who works retail, it may be tough to "sneak" away. I will be following this & maybe I could drive the chaser car.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

6. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm there and looking forward to the run. I was able to do a lot of kool things last year
    and this was one of the highlights.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking forward to it...

Happy Trails, Mick

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  7. Sounds fun. How far from KC is "Koolsville" exactly?

8. Probably not a problem. I normally don't have two nicklles to rub together but there is always a meal at the beaner's digs. :D

9. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

SORRY, koolsville is ark city, ks. we might be leaving ark city, or maybe douglass, i will have to get the route planned. but ark city is 3 hrs from kc. 45 mins from wichita, . 5 miles from okla. border on 77 and 166.

10. yblock292

yblock292

hoodlums from around here can meet at my house that morning then head out

11. yblock292

yblock292

12. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well looks like i'll miss another Ks tour and steak supper. I'll be going around and around in a combine. Maybe i can catch a fall run.

13. mongo51

mongo51

Looks like im off that weekend may have to make the trip. Travis get ahold of me on this i may just kick in some gas money and ride with you. the old 51 is gettin tired and going to have to stay home a little more.

14. Cool. Thanks for the reply. That sounds like fun.

15. sk8ncruz

sk8ncruz
    from pratt, ks

sounds like lots more FUN than sittin in a ole park all day!!
    love the chance to follow your caddy (or anything you drive)
    for a day again!!

16. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

ok, guys almost here..... here is the plan, anyone wanting to meet up along the way is welcome . meeting at premier body and paint sat. june 18. leaving there @ 10 am. going out 166 to cowley 1 to 160 east to k -15. pulling over at the y , for a break, then norht on cowley 19 to 166 east to cambridge, turn north on cowley7 to latham, stop for a break. then continue on story creek rd. to 400. go east to beaumont, take a break. if anyone wants a snack bring it, or can eat at resteraunt there, but save room for steak at sedan !!then on east 400 to 99 go south to howard, moline and into sedan for one of the best steaks around, it is about 22$ for a ribeye. everyone responsible for their own eats. we should be in sedan around 6 ish.

17. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I put in the "Sedan" destination in my GPS and they suggested to stay on HWY 166 until
    you get to HWY 99 then turn north to Sedan. If we leave Ark City at 10:00 am we should
    be in Sedan by 11:00 am. Just an idea LOL!!

Kan't wait for the 18th it will be fun.... I'll leave the GPS at home, no can't do that because
    I won't have a Speedometer.

Happy Trails, Mick

18. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

I Know mick, but I'm taking the shortcut !! just follow along, or better yet you can ride with me !!!

19. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wouldn't be any fun, I would never hang on to the Chicken stick... LOL!!

20. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

sounds like a deal, your riding with me!!!

21. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think that I just pee'd a little....

22. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

So Jeff is driving, Mick is shotgun, and I'll be hanging out of the top taking pics....what can go wrong? :) I'm going to go write a check to my insurance now....

23. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

I got bungie cords to tie around your ankles so you can't get lost when you fall out, we've tested it before it works ......ok, other guy didn't have much to say about it, ...when (if ) he comes out of the komma we will ask him.LOL

24. yblock292

yblock292

I'm ready , lets go!

25. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Well Hell, that sounds like solid testimony to me, I'm ready!

26. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

I'm in.....as far as I know.

27. if i woukld stay home and work on my crap might be able to drive one more than around the block lol sounds like fun but doubt ill have one ready

28. yblock292

yblock292

who all is in on this gig?

29. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jack you have a tough decesion to make, which kool ride are you driven? Krobe and I
    will be there and I'm working on Aaron and Travis. I have room for two more in the
    Tahoe........ Just kid'n.. LOL!!! Looking forward to it.

Krobe is driving his 50 Chevy

[​IMG]

I’ll be in my ’50 Merc, trying to decide what shift Knob and Hub caps to take along for the ride.

[​IMG]

Happy Trails, Mick

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  30. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I'm in! Well, sounds like I'll be hanging out...of Jeffs roof, taking action shots of you guys behind us:)

And I hope to see ya this weekend in Mulvane my friend!