Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Viva Las Vargas? The Pin-ups, Hop ups & Dressed ups of Vegas!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toptinman, May 1, 2011.

1. BELLM

BELLM

Thanks for taking the time to share all these great photos. I enjoyed being there thru your camera lens as I will probably never be able to be there in person.

2. winner redstriped top anchor pendant:D

Attached Files:

3. Philbilly

Philbilly

Very awesome pics! Thanks for posting.

4. BaznJosh

BaznJosh

Anyone know anything about the grille on this car? What is it? I like the look!!

5. Baznjosh. Maybe 49 buick?

6. BaznJosh

BaznJosh

I'm actually obsessed with the grille treatment, as it's almost exactly what I had in mind for my Dodge. But I can't place what car (if any) it's from!

7. bobx

bobx
    from Indiana

great coverage from a great show. thanks.

8. Noname38

Noname38

Grill is off a Buick

9. 55kustomzombie

55kustomzombie

Thanks for all the great pics!, wish I would have taken that many pics. But forgot my camera at home in LA.

But a fun show non the less.

10. pig iron

pig iron
    from Sweden

Super pics, I met the ice cream man, did anyone else?

Attached Files:

11. pig iron

pig iron
    from Sweden

I also met her..... with the duece.....

Attached Files:

12. Pete

Pete

WTF!!!!!!! Must be great on job interviews!

Pete-

13. pig iron

pig iron
    from Sweden

I also met her..... with the duece.....

14. 21tat

21tat

[​IMG]
    So, I was in the back of this van at Viva.........

15. 21tat

21tat

I'll try this again. So, I was in the back of this van at Viva...........

Attached Files:

16. pig iron

pig iron
    from Sweden

Also.... met the "hatmans girls".... love them all....

Attached Files:

17. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Thanks for the all the great photos you did a great job, I was there a couple of years ago it seems to be getting worse with the Circus type atmosphere, and what is with all the good looking females with all those (UGH) tats.???? :eek:

18. deflaytedwayz

deflaytedwayz

Great coverage! I'm going to have to throw this on the 2012 list of must attend shows

19. Il Gatto

Il Gatto

20. ... looks more like Michael Jackson tryting to look like Marlon Brando :D

21. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey man, a first class way to put it and a first class capture of the "vibe". Yeah, not everyone "gets it" completely. I have some opinions that I'm probably not alone in.

Big 60s cars kick ass!! The cars behind the ropes, I almost drooled a little bit of tea on the keyboard. Stunning and significant. Several others in the general population, same thing. I really liked that you caught some of the vendors. It got my attention and added a slightly sharper focus to what you're sharing with us. I woulda reaallly liked to have seen Elvira, more than her car! There's just that "something" about her that she's got goin on. While on the topic of the lovely ladies of "Viva", some of em could back it down a bunch for my taste. The sweety in red and white posing by the turquoise Ford/Lincoln, she just about nailed it for what probably was in the era that this show pays homage to. Not all of the rest were too far out there but, ah well, all of that's been tossed around on the board before.

Back to the cars, hot damn does it work doin a frosty subtle paint and minimal kustom tricks to the full size cruisers. There was that 61 (2?) Poncho, your wagon (if that's yours), that fade away 60 Plymouth, I mean it really doesn't take much to nail it since the designers were always raising the bar. It was before the design schools began teaching "Do it this way..." and it shows. Nice to see a great representation there. That turquois 64 Galaxie didn't turn my crank though. Old lookin big hoops. No thanks.

Again, thanks a ton for nice representaion of a show that I clearly must do in the near future.

22. *HOLLYWOOD*53

*HOLLYWOOD*53

it look like this year was better then the last. Going to make it next year for the 15th

23. John B

John B

I'm sorry Evel, but I've waited for someone to say this and since no one else will.....

If you were married to Evel you wouldn't want to show your face either.

24. Toptinman

Toptinman

First, I'm glad that you enjoyed the pix and that you took the time to comment. As I stated, this is my second Viva and definitely won't be my last! I enjoyed everything about it. But, as far as not getting a pic of Elvira and got her car instead, it was hard as all get out, due to the crowd, to get a good focus on her. The line to get her autograph was a half a block long and there was too much to see there without spending an hour or more standing in line just for a decent picture. Below is the best that I could do under the circumstances and, from looking at it, you can see why I didn't include it in my first post.

[​IMG]

But, for a 300+ year old broad, she definitely put the "vamp" in vampire!

25. I remember this as a fairly widespread technique on pushbikes by manufacturers in Australia, when I was a kid. Acetylene'd Panels, with striped outlines. I like it as a technique, if used with restraint.

Toptinman, never seen yur posts B4- Dig'n it. Thanks.

V.L.V.O.K..

26. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Great job. Great pics!

27. chevy348

chevy348
    from Ohio

Whats wrong with sitting behind your car in a fold out chair? I don't go anywhere without sitting in mine.

28. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

I was always told, "if you have nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all". Thats about all I got for this freak show.

29. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

GREAT PHOTOS ALL!!!! Got to book a flight one year!;) [​IMG]

30. oc dave

oc dave

Great coverage and pics,I was there too and your pics pretty much cover the whole show. Your right there's show much more than cars, the wife and I took a break inside the hotel and caught some great music in a club that was for show people only.Seeing the Blasters and Jerry Lee Lewis was a Damn great way to end for us.thanks again for giving me a way to re live it as the year goes on... 300 year old Broad,great way to described her!!!