Register now to get rid of these ads!

To save or not to save?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950-mercury, May 14, 2011.

1. I need to find the picture of a Bugatti in France that was restored off of just the frame, engine block, aluminum hood and a grille shell. That was IT.

Speaking of Bugattis, here is a project for you! Different car, in Switzerland...

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/magazine/3300.asp?id=14253

To get more O/T, here is the "before" and "after" restoration pics of the ONLY Hudson Jet Convertible prototype built:

http://home.comcast.net/~sarahdyoung/convertible.html

I'd have to agree that, with a truckload of $$$, ANY car can be restored.

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  2. HambBurglar

HambBurglar
    from Cincinnati

My coupe just needed a little body work. Watching what others have done has served as a great inspiration to take on WAY more than I would have ever considered in the past.

Attached Files:

3. Funny.....I was just gonna make refference to your Merc! haha! I think it depends on the car. Not worth trying to save oddball car. Mercs,Coupes,rare cars,are always worth saving.

4. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

I like all those rare cars too, but its cool that people save all the odd ball cars so all the future hamb'rs can see all the different makes and models.

5. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

[​IMG]

Guy I bought this thing from thought it was too far gone to save. He was going to start cutting it up into sheet metal patches for his other projects. Being a uni-body it hasn't been easy to fix but I've been slowly pecking away at it.

6. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

Wow what was the guy you bought it from thinking???? Glad to see you saved her. She doesn't look to bad.

7. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

It really seems to me come down to skill and what you are willing to put into it. I've seen cars that looked as though they were ruturning back to were they came from naturally and be built into some crazy stuff.

8. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

That what I love to see is cars so far gone and people say it can't be done and people prove them wrong.